150+ posts about mounts

:thinking: I never tried to ride a Dodo

For explanation on Mounts and their implementation, see https://conanexiles.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_features#Cancelled_features

I see both the pros and cons of mounts though personally I think the pros with would far outweigh the cons.

Devs said the actual mount speed was an issue for them when they looked into it SO - I came up with a compromise - ALL mounts speed would be the same, as fast as a buffed player Sprint without any stamina drain. Also, in order to mount/dismount you would be immobilized for the duration of the animation which would take a few seconds. If you take damage while trying to mount, you fall off the mount and are knocked prone until you get up. Once you get up you have a minor cripple debuff -same for if you’re already mounted this way it wouldn’t severely affect PvP and gives players without mounts a chance to chase or escape

I see no issue to include mounts as a decorative device allowing for an alternate means of fast travel to a limited number of areas. Once there the mount can act as a chest. At no time is the player ever “riding” the mount. Perhaps wealthy characters can take entire caravans with guards around the map filling up chests.

I’d love mounts not for travelling the world but to use in a big arena for jousting competitions and racing, I know it can’t happen but a man can dream.

@Motoko
So, what, you think you are the only person to come up with that? Pretty sure the devs thought about it also. It makes mounts look stupid when you gimp their speed.

People just got to stop harassing the devs over this. Mounts were indefinitely canceled. It’s time for you guys to move on already.

I say, why not just add more waypoints for fast travel to the map. “Hey Look! Conan just returned from beyond the Green Wall and tells us of a great switch he heard and moved. We now have more activated waypoints that we didn’t know existed!” Whatever story line you want. just give us a few more tele points and we all can utilize the map better.

I’d be game for creating keys to travel from new points.

Obviously not to answer your question. Try and relax youre being pretty aggressive there lol.

Imo I think part of the problem is Funcom has been cut TOO much slack over the course of development for conan.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.