Texture and asset loading issues after 2.4.4 - PS4Pro/PS5/Base PS4

Game mode: [ Online official ]
Type of issue: [ Performance ]
Server type: [ PvP ]
Region: [ America ]
Hardware: [ PS4 Pro ]

Bug Description:

Texture quality changes as you move around the map. I’m sure it was suppose to help the ps4, but the ps4 pro took a hit on quality. It was fine on the ps4 pro. Now every where I turn I see something still rezzing into view. Still playable, but it is really annoying that I have bought the game and the quality got reduced afterwords due to 2.4.4 patch.

Expected Behavior:

I expected it to still work fine with the ps4 pro. The quality shouldn’t have been downgraded.

Steps to Reproduce:

Just moving around reveals the different rez levels of the texture.

4 Likes

Hi @Dzonatas, could you provide a short video showcasing this behavior?

Does enabling or disabling Boost Mode affect the reported behavior?

1 Like

Video of slow resolution and texture quality

Notice the furnace, the fermentation barrel, the carpenters tree, door, and many other little things on the tables or structure. They all are slow to rez. I even pass by some of it as it never fully rezzes into view.

Also… I used to see across the entire savanna up to the volcano while at a vantage point. Now it is foggy and discolored.

I did toggle the boost mode, and it made no difference.

6 Likes

I have the same effects on normal ps4.
Also on thralls and pets.

7 Likes

On ps5 it looks great. I take this opportunity to say the great work with this map. It’s a very good job

I only play the exiles land so I can’t say how it looks on siptha. I recognized also the water looks not so nice anymore. But that’s not a renderissue and seems to be normal now.
Other texterures looks good. I would defently say better but only if the loaded after a while standing in front of them

1 Like

That’s probably how they achieved an increased overall performance. They adjusted texture streaming so that it removes hi-res texture almost immediately after you turn your character to the different direction. I also noticed that the draw distance reduced DRASTICALLY

2 Likes

This is no good. I’d prefer dips under 30fps over a stable 30 with massive pop-in.

4 Likes

I play PS4 pro official server Oceana. I also have upgraded my hard drive to 1tb SSD. NBN connection via wifi.

No similar issues to report sorry.

On a side note, I was swimming underwater and the water looks amazing!!

Sorry I can’t confirm your results. Hoping you have a fix present itself soon my barbarian friend!

I still have the stock ps4 pro, and any upgrade I make would better be to just go buy the ps5.

It was working fine, however.

The water is another issues because it doesn’t look like water in the twilight. I used to have a river run by me, and now it looks like quicksand.

Everytime I turn to my follower, her ancient shield is purple. It fixes itself in a few seconds.

1 Like

Same here. Texture rendering is absolutely horrible. Far worse than before. Everything in the distance looks flat and foggy and objects nearby constantly go from high to low texture.

4 Likes

Server 3650 pvp official Loading problem. My base don’t upload complete. I can’t go outside cause door invisible and I can’t open. 5 days with the problem. Thank for the help

I can confirm the same Sixelaca just a little bit less.

It takes like 2 minutes before everything is loaded in for me.

The server list is even worse, sometimes it keeps showing Amazing spiderguild for atleast around 10 minutes.

1 Like

That’s how the loadingscreen issue started on the pvec servers. I hope they will fix this soon before it happens to other servers.

Thank you for the video and for providing additional details, our team will look into this matter as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Good morning. I have most all the issues reported in this and other threads:

1. Loading screen takes approximately 3x longer than last patch. Usually has 1 or 2 “you’ve been disconnected from server” messages. Then finally can connect.
  2. Resolution and textures very low quality. They continually have to reload as you turn around.
  3. Opening a work station it is very slow for the craft menu and contents to appear
  4. Pressing the touch pad to open inventory and move through attributes, etc extremely slow.
  5. Objects take minutes to load in vice seconds previoussly.

I have PS4 PRO and tried with boost mode off and on, no change. Rebooted our server, same. Reinstalled game, same. All the above issues on my friends and families 4 other play stations as well.

Really wish there was a roll back option on private servers to a previous version. Last patch only real issue we saw was the lack of nudity. (Understand others had issues). Bottom line really disappointed, similar to how I felt when cyber punk released. That debacle is what actually moved me to Conan.

Hopefully you get this fixed soon. Me and the other people I’m in contact with will all be holding off on Siptah purchases until this at least gets back to the playability of last version.

11 Likes

Can confirm this on ps5 as well. Small details slow to render every time I enter and exit a room. Water is white and looks crap.

4 Likes

Yes same issues on PS5 for me as well.
Textures are low and then pop up to high like on wall trophies, banners. Then turn away and look in distance. Then back and low and then load in high again.

4 Likes

This is the exact issue I’m having and I’m playing on a PS5 on official servers. The objects in distance did not look like this before, it looks absolutely horrible now!

Animal textures are also having trouble rendering in for me, something that hasn’t happened at all with the PS5 until this update.

2 Likes
2 Likes