2.6 - server is not showing on the in-game list, client crashes on direct login

What exactly do you mean by “repositories are all updated”? How does one go about doing something like that. Pretend we dont work for your company and dont understand your shop talk.

In linux you need to update your repositories to make sure they have the latest versions of pretty much everything

What if its a windows server?

I don’t think it applies if you are running a Windows server

@AndyB would you be able to confirm that for ScorPioN101?

This is not an exclusive issue to Linux. There is entire networks on rented server hosts that are out right now including lots of our customers. This happened directly after you dropped 2.6. Our servers are windows based servers not linux. Funcom can we get an update on this issue? Its been over 24 hours and we have tons of clients that cannot login or just get disconnected. This invalid ip/key spam is causing issues on both modded and unmodded servers with fresh installs.

Yeah that would really only apply to a Linux server…

Yeah, we’re aware this is affecting different types of servers. We’re looking into it but have not determined a root cause, as there is no currently-known common thread between hosts experiencing issues beyond the error messages being reported. Other hosts are up and running just fine, and I’m personally not aware of anything that would have changed in data to suddenly cause this issue after the update, so it’s hard to tell at this moment in time.

Right now, the only basic advice I can offer is to make sure you’re following everything seen here Dedicated Servers - Conan Exiles and grab the latest version of the Dedicated Server Launcher if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Thank you AndyB for the update! We have followed these steps to the letter and we still have this issue.

1 Like

Gotcha. I’m terribly sorry you’re experiencing this issue and I wish I had something more concrete to offer. If we find out more we’ll let you know, but I would not expect immediate answers. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

Going out on a limb here but I wonder if it’s to do with the TcAdmin Control Panel, both Low.MS and ServerBlend are having the issue and they both use it.

My going on a limb moment is maybe forcing Windows updates on your Windows-based servers and see if that helps update the certificate. We (well, G-Potral) had to do this for a cluster of official servers a few weeks ago and found success with that, but again, just spitballing here.

1 Like

Having the same issue, unable to connect to our server since the update. Using low.ms, submitted a ticket and hoping they can look into it.

I am with Serverblend, they say some of their Conan servers work, while some do not. And it’s not related to mods, as both modded and unmodded servers are affected. We can’t login since the update. Wiping and reinstalling the server did not help. It seems everyone is waiting for Funcom to do something.

Workaround :

right click the game in steam library > properties > general

add launch options : +connect xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxxx +password yyyyyyyyyy

replace x with IP:port of server you want to connect but cant see. replace y with password if server requires it… if not just skip the +password part.

I couldn’t see my friends sever after patch and tried direct conn from menu but it times out. This method worked for me.

1 Like

Our server will not show in the list or is accessible by direct connect either since the funcom update. This will be our 3rd day offline and was a popular, busy server.

Logs show only these lines

[2021.10.22-21.20.30:896][201]Network:Display: Connecting to key distribution web service wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc05.funcom.com:7002/server/…

[2021.10.22-21.20.30:896][201]Network:Display: Key distribution web service: Connecting (session: InvalidSession, mirror: wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc05.funcom.com:7002/server/, fail count: 1, retry time: -1.0)

[2021.10.22-21.20.31:678][224]Network:Display: Key distribution web service: Connected (session: InvalidSession, mirror: wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc05.funcom.com:7002/server/, fail count: 0, retry time: -1.0)

[2021.10.22-21.20.32:509][249]Network:Display: Key distribution web service: Disconnected (session: InvalidSession, mirror: wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc05.funcom.com:7002/server/, fail count: 1, retry time: 0.2)

[2021.10.22-21.20.32:762][256]Network:Error: Code: KDS passphrase failure: Server provider id certificate unavailable: 0x80092004

These lines then repeat themselves.
Our server host is streamline and its a rented server.

It does not help much because beside errors in log and absence from list, we tried connecting directly, and it connects, but our clients crash as soon as the server loads. It freezes and crashes in the very moment your character appears on the screen, at every attempt. If you wipe the server and connect to it directly it allows you to create new character and crashes the very moment you complete creation - also other folks on Discord described having the same issues.

I moved my game.db to my PC and started my server there. It’s currently working but I’m the only one that has tried connecting so far

My server is with streamline servers and ours is down to with these errors over and over

Connecting to key distribution web service wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc01.funcom.com:7002/server/…
Network:Display: Key distribution web service: Connecting (session: InvalidSession, mirror: wss://ce-kds-winunoff-wdc01.funcom.com:7002/server/, fail count: 1, retry time: -1.0)

Network:Error: Code: KDS passphrase failure: Server provider id certificate unavailable: 0x80092004

1 Like

Yeah exactly the same as our server. Displayed above

1 Like

Does Funcom have a server certificate that only allows authentic servers to start as a safety/security measure? I only ask because it appears that the server reaches out on startup and when the certificate fails its check the server shuts down. The below line is what is making me think this:

[2021.10.23-01.10.32:249][ 0]Network:Error: Code: KDS passphrase failure: Server provider id certificate unavailable: 0x80092004

[2021.10.23-01.10.32:249][ 0]Network:Display: Connecting to key distribution web service wss://ce-kds-winunoff-ams01.funcom.com:7006/server/...

Our server provider had to change our IP address to fix the above issue. We are back up and running now

However, we are not in the server list and can only connect via direct connect. So wont be getting any new players to this server.