2h Spears are Underpowered in CE

That’s it. I’m sick of all this “Atlantean Star Metal Sword” BS that’s going on in CE right now. 2h spears deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.
I should know what I’m talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine 2h spear in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that’s about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my 2h spear.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single 2h spear and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

2h spears are thrice as sharp as Zingarin swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a 2h spear can cut through better. I’m pretty sure a 2h spear could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That’s right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their 2h spears of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the 2h spears first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? 2h spears are simply the best spear that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the CE system. Here is the stat block I propose for 2h spears:

(One-Handed spear)
68 Damage
Made from stone.

(Two-Handed spear)
112 Damage
Female thralls instantly convert to following a character wielding it, no k.o. and wheel of pain needed.

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of 2h spears in real life, don’t you think?

tl;dr = 2h spears need to do more damage in CE, see my new stat block.

(I just wanted to make a top tier wambulance post, using the best template for the job known to pen and paper roleplayers ever.)

2 Likes

I think they are fine as they are and I only use that type of weapon myself.
Cripple + bleed + reach combo combined with light armor for high mobility, it is really OP.

Spears are well balanced. in the right hands you might even say they are OP

You can simply stun-lock a target, by tapping heavy attack without ever finishing the combo, i.e.

Right click : Tap-Tap…Tap-Tap…Tap-Tap…Tap-Tap. It’s so fast, the enemy simply never has a chance to react.

1 Like

Lol, spears underpowered? You gotta play more!

2 Likes

Yeah Yeah Yeah…Why Europe Never went to Conquer Japan. Samurai are Superior they say…I call BS. :laughing: Japan and China never went west either…and they had their hands full from the Mongols…and guess what stopped the Mongols? You can go see yourself. And India never could go west…and let us not forget the Persians tried to go west many times and were sent packing. Also…Greek Bronze peeps claim it was soft as butter…but it was deadly sharp and much more durable than iron. It was the very meticulous alloying of copper and tin that did it in once the riddle of easy to make steel was solved.

In CE? Spears are amazing. Especially when combined with a shield tank while the spearman pokes from the side. Nothing lasts long…nothing…and you are calling (or likely goading LOL) for a 2H spear buff.

Edit: And yes…this all is likely sarcasm and having a good goad or laugh. :smiley::rofl::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

You guys just never heard of sarcasm or?

5 Likes

Lol

yeah, so underpowerd… i mean, no one is using them… especially not in PVP, not 90% of people people pvping with them… (this is base on the server i have played on, one of them ranked 7 (and that a server restricted to 40/40 and private server are in the list as well), so a collection of harden players, who have worked out what works best)

… Funcom have the stats and will know which weapons are used the most… if it is H2 spear over all (i know it is for PVP) it may even get Nerfed :stuck_out_tongue:

As someone that doesn’t meta, nothing more dull that the spear , its currently king. I would like to see the other weapons get some love, to bring them upto par.

How good a weapons is , is not just down to the damage stat. It function makes the main difference. Wow if the spear had more ‘power’ along side its function, well , might as well get rid of all other weapons.

I try different weapons again the 2H spear… h1 swords, lol. 2h sword has a chance if you catch someone off guard (Jump them) daggers, LOL… dagger cant do anything unless your relay really good. Axe is a reasonable counter.

With daggers, you have to get in close to get around a spear… maybe daggers should have a better lunge attack, over a grater distance than the reach if the spear ? as daggers are light, so why not a jump in attack, kinda like the axe, but more… And then, make sure that attack has knock back.

if you are attacked by 2 people with spears , who know how they work, your dead. Due to its reach and knock back, you are locked in with no counter… cant dodge, cant jump out. your dead (and i have got my self in this situation a lot, looking for a counter)

No, the spear is the king of weapons right now… other weapons need some love :slight_smile:

• nerf Atlantean Star Metal Sword
    -give dagger a very long range jump in attack, to counter spears
  • leave spears as they are
    job done :slight_smile:

don’t know if OP is trolling or not, but i think daggers need to be better as i like them :stuck_out_tongue:

and if we are gonna use RL to justify weapons in conan… i also want a ‘‘from jump’’’ attack… so i can jump up and attack… be so cool, jump over a first persons attack and come out with an active attack, putting them into stun as i open up with more…

… then i roll away and do it again :slight_smile: with high agility, wow, no cost to jump. yay… lets do its #MakeDaggersOP

… jump down from a ledge with an open attack… you know, how spear can reach up, what if i could jump down with an active attack? more i think about it, all jokes aside, should be added for such a small and light weapons… not as if you need to change your stance in ‘‘RL’’… in fact, the faster your falling, the more damage, right!

I would not even care if the daggers had to be Nerfed 50% damage to add such a function, as function can make a lot more difference than 'higher numbers=good’

… I was a %1000.99 serious, especially when I said,

1 Like

If you manage to be followed by 10+ female thralls that way, you get the Benny Hill theme song and a 200% speed increase as a bonus.

4 Likes

you trolling? pvp is totally unbalanced and I’m barely see anyone using ANYTHING else than a spear

he was only joking, yes

Totally agree, my mythril 1h sword in Conan Exiles has 256 damage.

No, no I am not.

As I said, I use a spear in real life, and cut through slabs of solid steel using my real life spear made by the masters of spear making in Japan. It was worth the pact I needed to make with the Oni, and that child sacrifice I provided, to be able to make my anime dreams reality. But… but the nightmares… that came with it. You can only see so many tentacle monsters attacking school uniform wearing victims before you know you have seen things that men were never meant to see… dark things…

2 Likes

I personally use 2h Spear the most and i doubt that it’s underpowered.
You can outrange every other weapon and also poke really quickly, if you time it right you can roll and hit right when they attack.

it’s totally op, in the time you try to take a shield up, the spears can hit 2!!! times

the weapon system is totally unbalanced and just boring, i never see anything else than spears, occasionally you see someone with an axe and everything on strength, but only for the reason the first hit gives an status effect also and makes therefor good dmg.

Lovecraft meets Hentai. Closest thing that comes to that is this chick from Queen’s blade:

Nyx_%26_funikura

Nyx. The girl that get’s “disciplined” by her staff everytime she fails it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.