3.0 Sorcery Megathread

Well, the contest is over, how about the update 3.0 and your need to wait a little more like a shadowed you do not think so?

There’s not even a meta aspect to it - I can notice a fellow goofy dude from a distance and the esteemed AndyB is certainly one. The type to make any lame pun at the drop of a hat because the only thing funnier (to the joke maker) than a full laugh is a groaning eye-roller - per example, the resin pun on Easter.

2 Likes

Symbol up in all it’s glory

7 Likes

Am I tripping or is this symbol pretty close to the symbol they had for the sorcery promo pic in the background

Edit to try to get a better pic link.

2 Likes

What is this image from? I recognize the background as the Dregs. The symbol we got teased is absolutely Acheronian

1 Like

An offering of blood is required to open the seal, not unlike the Dregs.

Stumbled across it in the wiki in the dead game features section today. Just looked at the circle and thought that it’s close to the current released one and could easily be the source of the current symbol…of course provided they got a whole new crew to tackle the feat which they probably did regardless if sorcery comes in or not.

1 Like

To add to this: I still think it’s too red to be human blood. However, demon blood is much brighter and we’ve seen it be used on a seal already, it unlocked the tomb of the Priestking. Given the acheronian symbols, it’s very likely we might be seeing something involving the giant-kings.

2 Likes

Den = Demon

2 Likes

I’m beginning to dislike the marketing decisions here. I wish they would stop the teasing already, this tweet could have posted two weeks ago. The 4th anniversary video where Dennis tries to tease 3.0 was on May 8th. 3.0 was first mentioned last fall. Even if we still have to wait, let us see what we’re waiting months for, please Dennis!

7 Likes

That means the clues are accelerating. It may not be at the rate we want yet, but two in a month means it can’t be that far out now. That being said, we have a long haul ahead of us. It may be another month, or two, or three given the speed of it so far. Patience is key here; we all want what’s coming, but getting impatient with it doesn’t make it happen any sooner.

4 Likes

Well the crew was distracted with the trimming server stuff so we should see this gain steam. I’m thinking it will be something like a week from now we should see something a bit more concrete if Grave Matters drops last year have any similarity to this release.

Im pretty sure they will get 3.0 out before either steam summer sale at the end of june or before they take their summer holliday in early july for 3+ weeks here in norway

Do you think a new in game mechanism involves human sacrifice?

Edit: i should’ve said “could it”, i know you’re a lore guy, and I’m not too familiar with the lore.

We do have human sacrifice in a sense already, in the form of the religions. You kill someone and collect some form of essence/blood/flesh/baby gravy/etc and offer it up to a divine power. It’s a very rudimentary system already in place, so it is possible this could be a religion rework. Set was very big with the Acheronians, maybe this is a preview of a new altar?

3 Likes

That would be cool. Also you had to spill blood to get into the dregs.

What i always thought would be cool if you could sacrifice a follower with the amount of favor being 10X ( or some other multiple because I know farming favor has turned cheap recently) the level of said following.

I can see that tying into the Grave Matters event a bit, the armor set that was dropped were Skelos related werent they? I recall a snake on the chest piece.

1 Like

Indeed. The set was the Skelos Cultist Master’s.

2 Likes

Yes. The armor was called the Skelos Cultist Master robes. The Votaries of Skelos that inhabit the volcano are gullible humans who heard the whispering of serpent-men in the volcano and came to worship them. Set is the patron god of the serpent-men, and worship was brought to other races like humans and giant-kings by indoctrination. The serpent-men infiltrate societies, disguising themselves as people and replacing key figures.

4 Likes

To add to this, the serpent-men are the arch-enemy of all humanity. They ruled much of the earth in ages past, until the dawning sentience in early humans rose up and waged war on all the elder races, driving them into extinction and hiding. The serpent-men were the most cunning of the elder races, rather than wage open war they disguised themselves and manipulated humans from behind the scenes for thousands of years.

Eventually, their existence was rediscovered by Kull of Atlantis, and their secret war reignited in the open once again. They never forgot, and certainly never forgave. This all happened in the Thurian age, and for tens of thousands of years they plotted their revenge on mankind. They reference Kull many times, as the mirrors of Tuzun Thune were polished in the Well of Skelos. In a cut line from the staff of the triumvirate, he very angrily yells about how all men must pay for the crimes of Kull.

I would love to see more about the serpent-men if we get any changes or additions to the main story of the exiled lands.

6 Likes