3.0 Sorcery Megathread

This kind of reputation system is exactly what I’ve been thinking about. You could have NPCs of every faction with which you can interact and they give you faction-specific quests or missions. For example, helping Cimmerians gives you rep with them, but makes the Heirs more unfriendly. Enough positive rep could perhaps unlock a special faction merchant with unique items like armor and weapons, which you can find nowhere else. Too much negative rep and the faction attacks you, something like a purge out of nowhere.

To accommodate for this, factions could have something like a HQ in different parts of the Relic City. This way you also avoid the need for every faction to have a separate neutral settlement, which would take up map space.

I think we’re still some way away from finding out though (hope I’m wrong). Hopefully they’ll announce 2.9 within a week, which will be just some QoL stuff and bug fixes. After that 3.0 will be on the agenda. Unless they hit us with a 2.10.

The factions already have good HQs! Why not have the Black Galleon as a neutral spot if you ally with the Black Hand, just as Sepermeru is for the Relic Hunters.

2 Likes

i’m dying inside waiting and waiting and waiting

1 Like

dont give ideias! 2.10 would be the max sadness at this point for all of us

2 Likes

But also a paid dlc. This one is “free” i think. So more like the exile dungeon updates???

Max sadness would be 2.10 followed by 2.11, followed by…I’ll stop here.

1 Like

oh no hahaha pls

Aren’t we up to 2.8 already?

We are but who says we can’t go:

1 Like

I doubt they will do 2.9 update, it will most likely skip directly to 3.0. If it’s an update as big as they say with a lot of changes I also feel like it might go directly to live and not testlive. That way any new content or exciting stuff won’t be spoiled before all players would get access. I could be wrong though, testlive is probably a helpful resource for them to utilize.

But yeah I feel confident there’s no 2.9 also because they did an April fool’s patch and called it 2.9.9.9 or whatever. That would probably just cause confusion.

Either way we need a dev stream or something! Where is Dennis? Is he safe? Is he alright? He has the info we need we must free him!

1 Like

hahahaha 8th anniversary, then

1 Like

thats a very good guess! testlive would ruin some of the “biggest” news.

…pretty sure the current religion system is pretty heavy on the old human sacrifice

1 Like

But think about it.
Bring a subdued human back to the altar in chains. You place them in the altar just like your would place them in the wheel. Better “Priests” complete the sacrifice faster converting the victim into a pile of zeal based on their tier.

Sure, one could still do crude harvest in the field, but the best payout would be for bringing unconscious but live sacrifices.
Heh. It could even be reskinned to actually make sense for Mitra and call it “redeeming” rather than “sacrificing”.

4 Likes

That’s how I actually thought the altars worked when I first started playing. Wasted some time trying to put a dragged thrall into the altar before I realised they could only go in the wheel :laughing:

3 Likes

Out of sight, out of mind.

Eh, too much like some non-fantasy practices this one has seen for personal tastes, but the appeal is certainly evident. Good twist on the orthopraxy.

I feel like they’ll do some kind of reveal stream for 3.0 and at that point it might as well go to testlive since we’ll already know what it consists of.

And if people get confused by an April fools joke…well, then they deserve their confusion.

1 Like

I think a religion rework is long overdue. Religious armors are for lack of a better word, junk. Religious weapons vary from either best in class, or completely useless. Most don’t have any viable benefits to use, and in pve I rarely even build an altar at all.

It’s something that’s been brought up for a few years now by a lot of people. Given Set is the patron of many sorcerers, a religion update might be integrated in with whatever kind of sorcery we get

4 Likes

Not to mention, priests have been bugged ever since the thrall update, with Confessors not giving an armor pen bonus, Seneschals and Guardians only giving 1% weight reduction bonuses, and all three specializations give no armor rating bonus.

2 Likes

I mean bringing a thrall to the altars for sacrifice in game.

3 Likes