3.0 Sorcery Megathread

they only did that cause they knew we were waiting for some news at the anniversary. Since thats nothing new since 2.8, would be not cool just to say “hey, happy anniversary! Take 2x event and beauty event! We are done now!”

That would be a very big Oof :neutral_face:

Funcom has always erred on the side of opaqueness when it comes to updates.
By now it’s a meme. In their teaser video they even drew attention to it.

This one supposes someone in marketing thinks it somehow builds tension or excitement. But the little fragmented bits at the end of the extremely short anniversary video was not really sufficient.
That little tid bit should have been the sort of thing we are getting trickled on a monthly if not weekly basis.

There’s a difference between teasing and enticing without revealing and letting the community lanquish and offering a thimble to those dying of thirst.
The former is good marketing, the latter is almost an insult.

However, this is the SOP for the company.
We are, after all, talking about a team that thought “none of your guess are right!” And leaving it at that was considered an update.

2 Likes

That part is what made me chuckle. Over 500 comments on this thread and they said not one theory was right?

I’m usually pretty positive minded, but I have some doubts.

4 Likes

Back when they said it, there weren’t 500 posts yet, this thread was still in its infancy.

At the time they said no one had guessed yet, the theories were sorcery, new map, religion rework, and siege improvements.

1 Like

There was also talks around in other threads at the time about things like the settlement system and thrall reworks, so it’s really up in the air what it could be

1 Like

Can you imagine if they kinda created a hype so much more bigger than what they’ve planed? oh jesus, it will be a mess

As far as I am aware, I was the first person to bring up the settlement system as a possibility for 3.0, and that was right after the “no one guessed yet” stream.

haha I’m kinda half expecting that to be the case, I know the update is gonna be big but we’ve been theorizing so many amazing ideas that when 3.0 drops I’m a little worried that people are setting themselves up for disappointment and are just going to end up complaining… again… but let’s be honest no matter how great a job funcom does people will always find something to complain about :expressionless:

you’re probably right. I’ll try to picture “ordinary” stuff for the 3.0 like “knock on the door” emote, weapon damage based on specific attributes, things like that. Guess it will be less painful lol

1 Like

I’m starting to think the “no one has guessed it” comment was made just to confuse people and 3.0 actually is one of the suggestions made here.

Imagine them saying “yep, you guys got it, we’re bringing the settlement system, you just have to wait another 6 months”.

Whatever it is, they have been working on it for a very long time now, but only they themselves know how close it is to being done. It could still be a long time away and that makes me excited and a bit worried at the same time. After this much development time it really should be something BIG.

1 Like

So when does it come out?

:soon:

2 Likes

We should make some wild speculations from now on, I’ll go first:

Update is going to not be a new map but instead they are combining Siptah and Exiled Lands with a sea in between them and we get a naval expansion with boats. People have asked for boats before and they said they wouldn’t do it but then when they reworked Siptah guess what they added, a bunch of Stygian ships which is how they got to the Isle. Also I think it was mentioned that the reason characters get on Siptah is because the ship taking us to the Exiled Lands wrecked near the island from a storm. Plus the Exiled Lands jungle eastern side is a massive sea out there. So clearly naval expansion confirmed!

1 Like

I’m hoping that the emphasis on 3.0 will be making the world feel alive. Settlements get attacks or raid other camps, more animations instead of NPCs just sitting around a campfire, an event system of things happening – more “life” so that Conan Exiles (be it Exiled Lands or Isle of Siptah) isn’t so static.

3 Likes

Dune tie-in. The deserts of the Exiled Lands will now be inhabited by sand worms.

8 Likes

Purge type: An army of Sardaukar

1 Like

Only if they do the throat singing the whole time

1 Like

“Sardaukar, what is best in life?”

“To throat sing, wreck your enemy’s bases, and hear the lamentation of their owners.”

2.6 dev stream

grave matters

teaser

11 Likes