3.0 Sorcery Megathread

So the gist of this is that the secret handshake is real and sorcery will come to CE.
Missy was fine, she blew my mind, I think of this
woman all the time, She was a long cool woman in a black dress.
Keep dreaming. . . . .

1 Like

It can’t be… can it???

Clues like that for a temporary 2 week event? Hmmm… k… Nah… :confused:

1 Like

33-day event.

2 Likes

33 day like Teph said. But still, your point definitely stands. This is a stage one of something larger. They wouldn’t hype something this small if it were an isolated piece of content, there’s definitely more coming in future to link it all together

4 Likes

Well, if we’re going to continue deeper down the rabbit hole - 33 days - the number three seems prevalent in there, like it’s maybe not a coincidence. (Though I was disappointed to discover there are four obelisks at these events, rather than three - but there are three such events on each map.) To me, what seems like deliberate use of the number three hints at this being part of something larger. Now if only I could come up with something that the number three might be hinting towards… :wink:

2 Likes

Jesus was 33 when he was crucified. Maybe it’s a Mitra thing? :ducks and runs:

3 Likes

Except the Mounds event, which has five.

3 Likes

They’re ruining my perfectly good wild speculating :laughing:

3 Likes

Which also the same age as Boog Powell when he hit 12 hrs .

1 Like

27 homers is nothing to sneeze at. 27?

Half-Life 3 finally confirmed after all these years?

Wait, wrong studio

4 Likes

What do you think Boreanaz and Statham represent?! OMG!!!

….

:smirk:

1 Like

A few choice quotes from that, thanks for sharing.

“People are raising the dead, and at the moment you don’t know why” 2:38
“Put a stop to that now before it gets too crazy” 2:50

Definitely hinting at some more coming in, the fact they’re evasive about answering the motives or who the sorcerers are just means there’s more to this story they have yet to reveal.

“The places we put them will generally have something to do with what’s happening when you stumble upon them” 4:25

“A new reason to do events later down the road that we’re not talking about now” 6:15 :eyes:

“We’re making more content, we want more content in the game” 10:55

“Well COUGH I have a prepared statement for this” 16:50 when asked about sorcerers
“We’re looking at more active storytelling in the exiled lands. Anything beyond that you will have to wait and see

“Almost got us” yeah we do Den I know you’re hiding your wizard powers from me but I know they’re real

All in all, sorcery is still my theory and given how they jumped around the answer, my hope is reinforced by the wait and see.

5 Likes

Big thanks goes to Matt and Dennis for sharing these great insights! And also thank you for watching, great to hear you enjoy the interview… and the little teasers about the future of Conan Exiles!

5 Likes

Thank you @Jimbo for the wonderful write up. I am not really into Conan lore, but this was an interesting reading nevertheless. Can’t wait to see how this will transform into the game eventually. Even this small event is a great start. Great job, Funcom!

1 Like

And you for bringing it our way! Domo arigato gozaimasu!!!

1 Like

Only in the gospels. It seems like biblists nowadays agree, that he was most likely somewhere around/past his 60s when the crucifixion occured.

All sorts of new and exciting stuff posted today, OP is updated with all the juicy new details. Welcome to all the new readers, and welcome back to everyone else. Enjoy your stay, I hope you all learn something and join me in being excited for the future of this game

3 Likes

3rd map?

The number 3 is significant in occult. Its the minimal number with power (coven of 3, the Holy Trinity, etc)

1 Like

Sure, maybe. I was thinking more just a tongue in cheek reference to update 3.0 - which in some sense this is all building towards.

Sure, three has occult significance - but the thing to bear in mind with ‘significant’ numbers - be it 3, 5, 7, 23 - is that the more you look for them, the more you will find them…