3.0 TESTLIVE FEEDBACK FROM PVP PLAYER REMOVE LOCK ON AND Auto Facing in pvp please read

Hey im sure most people know me here by now. I just wanna go on record and say…

Hmm

THIS UPDATE FREAKING ROCKS!! BRAVO BY FAR THE BEST PVP UPDATE I HAVE SEEN TO DATE I usually scold and or go and nit pick but even nitpicking… you only have 2 or 3 things i can really nit pick out of the entire update and theyre not even bad…

The bad nitpicks are…

1. Lock on and auto facing attacks needs removed from pvp servers… period there is no need for it…

2. The summoning of your dead body with all gear and loot can create problems since you can create more than 1 portal and have 2 bases and just tp your mats to each different one during raids… can be quite annoying and troublesome

The good stuff is everything else… you have finally balanced horses HURRAYYY YEAH YESSS IT IS OVER THE HORSE IS FINALLY NO MATCH FOR MY PHALANX

Bow builds still ultra viable without knock down etc with their damage But the VIT perks mitigate it and make it more of a distance and support weapon now… YAY more Balance we need that man keep it up Dennis i know you said in your stream you wanna make leveling easier… please for the love of god do… pvp is all about the end game… not the start or whatever. Its all end game then fighting…

The rain storm could use a kind of buff well kinda I love that it deals damage to structures but also targeting Allies and stuff is bad. Needs reqorked to target non allied buildings and or people to make it pvp viable. And darkness would be better if lock on was removed since it still works in it. And being able to hit buildings through perma structure and god bubbles is GREAT since it balanced the ceiling god bubble bases cery well if it has increased structural damage you wouldnt hear a gripe from me about it, on that note please make Ice Bridges allow explosive placements to allow more dynamic pvp raids as the timed explosives in my admin panel work but not my main crafted ones. I assume its a bug and will be fixed to allow placing bombs on ice bridge.

The Bat… the new movement, the ability to have team tactics and viability… and to combat mixes so well as to make it faster paced or seem so… the fighting… its all so beautiful now. :heart_eyes: Dennis and Funcom keep this is up… and next time you do a NDA test live or whatever. Include me with the pvp please… other than that. LETS GET THIS 3.0 OUT ASAP.

Forgot to mention i did a stream of all aspects of pvp and some audiences choice questions and testing. So be sure to check it out. Love this guys. :grinning: i will edit as i come along so stay posted here and comment what you all think.

Here are my two streams of test live: Conan Exiles 3.0 test live come join - YouTube

Part one above and part two below

Edit 1: so after looking at cost to summon that abysmal armor… it needs to be more expensive or something. Its waay to strong to be left as. Nit pick again dont worry its basically a character only buff armor once you die its gone and etc

Edit 2) So we need to bring up clan sizes, 10 man clans are just too big thats 25% of the population in one clan… i cant see a world where that makes player retention any good especially players who only play with 3 or 4 people. Cut that down to say 5 or 6 per clan and it makes clans actually have to matter more and the advantage isnt sooo obig for one clan at 10 players against a clan of 4. we need to allow players to not go in duo or solo and not have any chance at all but godding and leaving the server. give them some chances to have fun too. Hopefully they see this and add it

Edit 3) why does the pvp testlive NOT HAVE RAIDING that was a bad move since atleast 1 or 2 days to raid to test server stability and the new perks in raids etc. Please reconsider adding it. or change server title to PvEC

Edit 4) for pvp EXP gain needs upped atleast 25 50 % its soo slow and needlessly tedious

PLEASE READ THIS ONE

Edit 5) BIG ISSUE. THE Zombies or ZEDS ARE NOT ONLY STRONGER THAN GOD ROLL THRALLS you can have 3 plus a demon too and they hit like a freaking truck like… badly… they in a maxed out fight 30 vs 10 since players only get 1 thrall and 3 zeds. So 30 vs 10 best stats… zeds won with 20 remaining. And then we ran player vs player tests and found out just how broken they were… they can DESTROY a player and in a pvp fight yhat fasy aggression and damage will only make people hide behind them… mind you these didnt even have the authority perk upgraded at all @AndyB please let dennis know this and tweak it a bit theyre tankier than full armored thralls and hit harder… not supposed to be the case at all… easier to farm and its insta lvl 20… just broken

Edit 6) Hammer needs to have its Hits break through shields again. Just like it used too. Shield and heal is kinda stupid right now but that is a thing to hopefully get buffed and or balanced. @den Please tell me in discord dm or something you guys intend to allow bombs to be placed on i e bridges. This would help alot with ceilings bubble bases where you cant hit with bombs because radius is too small.

Edit 7) please have body vaults instead of disappear on pvp servers die of starvation so if people want the loot they have to play and etc etc. Been talked about before

Edit 8) on the same note as the grabbing dead body being busted in pvp. The teleporting does the same thing… no risk all reward and in pvp that will kill it for sure. Please @den fix this or make it more pvp environment friendly man for both the teleporter and the dead body grabbing. Maybe limit its uses or something

Edit 9) LET ME clarify edit 6… the weps like hammer and axe upon the first hit should break shields… hammers did that well and need that to come back. Axes not so much. It has to be the 1st hit… not 2nd or 3rd for them to just roll away or server to bug out and not register it :thinking: that way shields cant just heal in a corner and get stam back per hit… i tried spear and hammer it stammed out with 145stam hitting it with lights and heavys and combo finishers i stammed out 5 times before he actually stammed… not to mention him moving would be a nightmare with it up and healing and gaining stam… Ludacris… please fix @den im here for you man… im going to keep testing what i can please listen and take in my feedback

Edit 10) after further testing in depth with kicking even mule kick the hitbox sometimes hitting and sometimes not. The hammer again needs that buff… DIFFERENT TOPIC now. Lets talk about perks. Glutten for punishment is a bit fast but i personally love it… i feel str stats could do better in terms of variety and actually usefulness and viability. The resurgence perk in vit NEEDS BUFFED BAD its soo bad… like… not even close type of bad. The 50% shouldnt stack ontop of the glutten it should just increase the speed of glutten and foods… so to give you an idea i had 150 hp (max hp 200) got hit to 30 hp right? I should with the perks get that 50 back and with the 50% get it back faster. The heal glutten for punishment gives you adds with the fast healer instead of speed it gives more hp back so i have 150 got hit to 20 i should get that back for sure… but i will essentially get back to full hp from glutten when icshould only get the damage directly done to me back…

EDIT 11) JUST FOUND OUT THE SETTING FOR MY SERVER WAS BUGGED DISREGARD THE PET META POST I WAS WRONG AND I AM ADMITTING I WAS WRONG ON THIS MY BAD YA’LL I HAD 1.0 FOR MY MULTIPLIER FOR DEFAULT BUT IT IS CONFIRMED TO BE 0.5

EDIT SINCE 3.0.1 UPDATE!!! So they fixed the abysmal armor… the bombs are still only hitting for 5 squares vertically so alot of bases are still unraidable such as ceiling bases and god bubble bases. It needs to allow bombs to be placed on the ice bridge…

Shield needs reworked and or Hammer needs a buff to the actual first hit light attack to break a shield players holding of a shield the entire fight. And not being able to be broken especially with max grit. Lock on and auto facing still needs to go.

Harpy spear needs cripple removed completely. It just should not even have a cripple that bad on a spear. Its waaay to broken especially with players who will just run it by itsself…me being one of them i can see how broken it is. It makes siptah just too strong of an add on to fight against exile lands still. Harpy spear just needs to have a different effect. Or just lessen how bad the cripple is. As it is out of all other cripple types the absolute WORST to have done to you not able to move and lock on makes it worse. Either way thats all i really found with the balance changes since they didnt specifically label it

Please read all edits i will post each time in replies when new edits come to allow full scope of opinions and talking points about it

20 Likes

This armor is too strong. Why do we need all the other light armor in the game? I think then it would be logical to leave the player to resurrect with the preservation of all normal armor + 8 quick access slots. Then there would be a choice - 1) use stronger armor but lose it when dying 2) use weaker armor but keep it when dying. Now there is no choice.

4 Likes

Yeah, this is broken and again another risk remover from and for battles and pvp.

1 Like

Hey Reaper Some of the Youtubers are saying archery is going to be new meta in 3.0. Can you please check it out? And let us know. Thank you.

Is a pure spellcaster viable? I want to make a sorcerer but it sounds like I will get Merced.
Is my combat based on summoning or can I fight reliably as well?

There is no direct offensive spells available. Only two spells deal damage, one is random strikes in an aoe and one is a giant piece of burnt lasagna that only hurts you when climbing on it.

Sorcery is utility, not a combat replacement. Summons like zombies and demon followers would be helpful in a fight, but as with other followers need to be prepared ahead of time

1 Like

So super situational utility that debuffs me? What about the corrupted skills?

Target lock + Auto facing = no brainer, needs to go

Leave the storm as it is. If you buff it so it does not damage/target friendly players/buildings, it creates and imbalance in raids. The sorcerer simply stands on top of his base and spams this spell.

The armor is too strong. I would suggest as only change, that it gives you corruption over time.

2 Likes

Corrupted attributes come with stronger perks that overwrite the main perks. Vitality comes with bleed immunity, fast health regen, damage deflection. Str goes higher in damage when corrupted, with wrack being a super useful debuff applied to enemies

While I agree that it is super cheap and something that has been mentioned, is this a bad thing? No more Siptah gear, no more grinding for days to have enough spare sets for raid time. I feel that having op easy to craft PvP gear (light on top) would promote PvP and more people would engage in it knowing that the gear is easily replaceable and can be obtained by literally everyone. Obviously not good for PvPers who relied on their gear to compensate for their skill.

9 Likes

Personally the armor timer is kind of a turn off for me, sonce sieges can last for a couple hours sometimes i probably wouldnt use it, even as powerful as it is, it would just get annoying

No pure spellcaster, If the staff have a melee attack but is useless, and the two spells that do damage IS way too slow to cast so its a little hard to cast It in a on demand situation, the lava wall is cool to use but IS useless, ALL the spells are cool looking but some i didnt find a good reason to carry a pouch and corrupt my self to use it

1 Like

The problem lies in it being top of a shelf item that doesn’t follow the new rules.

No other armor be it EL or Siptah stand a chance to compete against it.

It’s 1k armor light meta with the best stats for both str and agility builds.
It doesn’t follow the “glass canon” type due to high armor.
It’s simply BiS and it makes EVERY other armor piece simply useless and not even worth having.

Yeah, I understand the whole “easy craft===> Easy pvp” thing but this thing doesn’t have any equal craftable armors and simply destroys new armor types balance.

1 Like

There is no fast health regen, at least it didnt work the way u saying “fast” and the vídeo u share with u killing enemies was using void forget axe in a easy vault

It’s faster than the stock perk. I don’t mean lightning quick 50hp/s, but the 3-5hp/s that works both in and out of combat is still a substantial increase

True, I tried on the harpy vault and got my ass kicked I’ll admit. It’s still over 300hp per hit, and the Sorcerer’s Greataxe I was able to clear over 700 damage in a combo finisher. Definitely not “weak” by any means

again summoning zombies spells seems good but they dont spawn very often, i used in new asgarth and i only saw 2-3 zombies spawn in 20 minutes, its not intend the way they sayed was going to be “summoning waves of undead to kill your enemies”, the ability to reanimate the undead dont last to much and u have to actually sacrifice the thralls u capture to “reanimate it” which dont make sense, cuz u should reanimating a corpse not a living person, the demon follower from the power circle died very fast against the statue from the witch queen, the summoned ones from the perk died fast too.

well it doenst work for me while fighting so a bug maybe ? it only worked when i didnt receive damage on the last 2 minutes, so having only 350 of HP receiving a 200 damage from a WOMBO COMBO and healing 3-5hp/s after 2 minutes of receiving damage is not very tasty :C

Yeah your right however they failed, by making you sacrifice your survival, your stat points, your health and stamina to be able to have a nice and cooler screwdriver

But dont be upset the 3.0 it is very good, it dont have some things i thought it would have (although expectations exceed reality), the sorcery in the staff part seems to be missing some spells because when you use magic to “escalate” some sections are left with nothing, as if spells are missing there and only has the ability to escalate.

Already did its viable but meta… no way

It is in group pvp

Ehh but why is it targeting allies and caster 80 to 20? 50 50 would be better