3.0 thrall nerf and authority attribute

It’s what @CodeMage taught me is an Edge Case. Another edge case would be @biggcane55’s venture on an Official server from start to finish with just low-level “roll of the dice” Followers. He doesn’t talk about it much but his proof is in the Success Pudding.

1 Like

TBH Teimos is always a low-level (as in early meat) defense because he’s a damage sponge who almost always takes the Archery track. What I look forward to is an end to that setup.

1 Like

But I love my Teimos archers. Stat them all in Vit armors and godbreaker helms and let them rain down poison, set, firespark and smoke arrows in a pit of undead monstrosities…fun stuff that.

1 Like

Gotta get in the fight. the days of Hyborian pokemon is coming to an end.

3 Likes

One of my friends is not happy about it because they don’t want to fight and let the thrall do it all. I’ll just wait till they lose their 3rd thrall before suggesting they need to get in there.

This is why I was an early requestor of a Revival Potion. In particular, I coupled it with a request that horses be more fragile, and that we have ultra-costly revival pots for both Follower and Mount. This makes it meaningful, or more meaningful than the “personal” feelings I have for each and every lovely Berserker bodyguard I caringly leveled.

Nope. don’t care either. The Teimos is just a tank that delivers effects. The monstrosities will bat invaders around while the teimoses just layer the efffects. After about a minute, a raider and thrall are looking at 10 poison, 20 bleed, and trying to find a second they aren’t getting knocked off their feet in a smoke filled kill zone.

I do about 12 teimos archers and 10 monstrosities in the defend.

1 Like

PVP but can easily be used in PVE purges.

Captures on a purge? Why? I haven’t needed to capture anyone from a purge since the days of purge blacksmiths being special. Take no survivors.

2 Likes

Yeah…and I hear that the Arena Champion is real good challenge. But if the reward doesn’t scale with the difficulty, then I spend my time doing other things.

Purges can go south real quick if you aren’t careful and temptation gets in the way of just good ole common sense. (beserker and cultist purges are the worst because of the temptation and by the time you actually decide to go lethal, it usually ends up too late and loses more than gain) They are a nice source of leather though. Muhahahahahahaha.

1 Like

I dont have any tool to record stuff with so i made screenshots for you, you gotta trust me that im honest. Here is a Teimos with almost the exact armor i would use (i use aspect of the wolves helmet but i took it off) the weapon i would use and the food im giving. I can do the same thing with a DLC Mace again if you want he’ll probably lose some more hp but it wont change much.

With a DLC mace:

Well again, no one said it will be cut in half. They said a good teimos should still be able to get around 10-12k hp instead of 16k hp. I think you’re just a bit too dramatic about that change. It wont kill the game for you or less talented players since the less talented players. Just worry less and trust more that funcom doesnt actually want to kill their game :slight_smile:

Luckily, I don’t. And because I made these bold claims, I need to put my money where my mouth is, yes?

So I started a new Testlive game (because I didn’t want to screw my modded Single-Player for science). Decadent difficulty without touching anything in the server settings.

I leveled up this fellow with steak, for maximum Vitality. Dressed him up in Cimmerian armor crafted by a T4 weight-reducing armorer (because that’s who I happened to spawn). Armed with Telith’s Sorrow (vanilla-spawned because I couldn’t figure out how to spawn the recipe). Gave him gruel for combat food - yes, just normal gruel.

I participated in the fights with Venom-infused daggers. First I took him to a giant crocodile. That one was mostly focused on me so the thrall didn’t take that much damage, and I failed to take a screenshot while trying to stay alive.

Next up was Mama Spider. This is how the situation looked when she was on her last legs (all eight of them):

You can see my boy thrall’s hitpoint bar right there. He took some hits there, including poison, which was quickly shaken off by his OP Exile Survival stat. Of course I did a lot of work here with my daggers.

Finally, we went to see the Undead Dragon:

Again, you can see the thrall’s hitpoint bar in the screenshot. This time he did a lot of work because the daggers were poor weapons against the undead thing. He also got stuck in the ground for a while after the dragon stomped him (so had some time to heal while down there, maybe 20 seconds or so), but ordering him to move released him and got him back into the fight. I was out of rhythm here and, as you can see compared to the earlier screenshot, had to drink quite a few potions during the fight. So the thrall actually carried that fight.

Please note that I never claimed a T1 Exile thrall to be OP or anything. I claimed that with the player’s help, he’ll survive fighting any World Boss without risk of losing his life. And I later amended that to exclude Rockslide, who is stupid. And the Unnamed City skeleton boss with the big sword is dangerous too, so I’d be wary of taking a wimpy thrall against him.

And I admit, last time I took a thrall against the Red Mama was when they always got stuck in the ground, so I armed my thrall with a spear and let him poke at the dragon from the safety of underground.

Its getting late tonight so further science needs to wait until tomorrow.

6 Likes

I think we did a pretty good job proofing a point here. A decent teimos can take on the rocknose by himself. I did it multple times with different weapons and food and every time he managed to kill the rocknose with at least 3k hp left.

A T1 Exile lvl 20 can also take on multiple bosses (while you didnt even have full meta gear and neither did he have the best gear) with your help.

So this havent even been fully optimal settings(As in best armor, fighting with your thrall etc.) and still you can take them with you or let them solo stuff. So a slight nerf or adjustment will not kill thralls. You just need to be a bit more careful and considered about who to take for which kind of task and assist them rather than just watching.

2 Likes

First you want to tell us that not everyone is as good as you are. So he is doing perfectly realistic bosses with realistic armor and weapons to simulate how a “not so skilled” player would do bosses. (and he even said more tests tomorrow) - now you gotta come and tell us again that you kill those with stone daggers. Well you also claimed to kill arena champ with stone daggers so ofc this is easy for you doesnt mean it is for everybody. Sometimes you really shake up your story how it fits for you my dude :smiley:

Did you forget to give that thrall food? I can’t see any food in her inventory and watched several times and couldn’t see you place the food from your backpack in her inventory.

all good, I just wasn’t sure how you were doing it. I’ve had some close encounters with T4’s against Rockslide so I knew that T1 didn’t stand a chance.

2 Likes

Where do you get the helm on Siptah? I’ve not seen it there yet.

That is a tidbit of information I would like to know as well. Does the Siptah legendary chest boxes include these special things on their tables?

Now you’re just putting words in my mouth. That’s unappreciated. Never in this thread or elsewhere have I said thralls are OP (except for the tongue-in-cheek remark of how a Exile thrall’s Survival stat is OP against DoT effects). I’m not even supporting a thrall nerf because I’d rather not act as a babysitter.

All I’m saying is: stop panicking about the nerf before it’s done. It’s entirely valid to voice your concerns and requests, but a hyperbolic “thralls will be useless!” will only hurt your cause because the powers-that-be won’t take you seriously.

You may be the first person ever to think that. I tend to avoid action games because I simply suck at them. Conan Exiles is an exception because for the most part, NPCs are predictable, and as such, easy to defeat. That’s why I fight wearing light armor and high Grit, because dodging, rather than face-tanking, is my preferred fighting style. Also choosing the right weapon for the job.

And as much as I hate to say this - that would be fine. HARD content needs to be hard, or skilled players will get bored. A less skilled player (such as myself) will need to learn more in order to beat that tough boss. Isn’t that what we did? It wasn’t on your first ever Conan Exiles game experience that you went to kill the giant spider with stone daggers, right? I definitely needed to gain experience, both for my character and as a player, before I could beat it. That’s one of the joys of gaming - getting better at it so you can eventually beat the crap out of the nasty monster that humiliated you when you were a noob.

(And as a clarification for those who may be reading who don’t know me well - I’m 100 % Single-Player , so whatever references to “PvP guys” people are making are not applicable to me.)

3 Likes

Or you can adjust the damage your thrall does in the admin panel (since you said you are 100% single-player).

Personally If I’m playing solo and I want the thralls to do he work for me, I’ll adjust settings accordingly (assuming the Authority traits don’t compensate).

1 Like