50 Launchers on server join

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: America

With the new update the other day we got the mod updater and auto-subscriber, as we all know. Well, I’m not sure if it’s normal or not, but after it checks and “oks” the mods in my list, the game restarts and then automatically joins the server after relaunch (won’t even let me go to the main menu or anything, just relaunches into server joining). Well, today, after the large 1.6GB update, it went to restart after checking the mods and opened 50+ versions of the launcher! It also opened at least 4 game windows, all running the beginning sequence scene.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Opened game
  2. Went to my server joining window
  3. Checked mods were okay and was trying to click the “automatically join after check” button
  4. Game launched 50+ windows of the launcher and game.

AND now, even though I know for a fact my mods and game version match, I am getting “Authentication Failed” when trying to join. Other people who play on my server got on fine once everything was updated…

Edit: Finally joined okay. Everything works. Feel like I will leave this report up in case anyone else has the same issue.

I wasn’t able to figure out what happened, it just kind of fixed itself. But, as I said, I’ll leave this topic in case someone has an explanation or it happens again.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.