70% of People left the game!

, ,

People who do not play games on pc expect to turn on the console, put in the (expensive)game they bought and be able to play a finished game as they have bought on a disc in a box, and rightfully so. PC gamers tend to accept more b…ls…t, but even that has limits.

5 Likes

Skinny? Of course he’s salty. That’s his defining quality. It’s also what I like most about him.

Skinny says the things the devil on my shoulder wants me to say, but the angel on the other talks me out of. Agree or disagree with him, his no BS, tell-it-like-it-is approach is always entertaining.

I often share his sentiments, if perhaps not quite to same extent.

Every game forum needs a Skinny holding the devs feet to the fire.
If nothing else, he makes me seem reasonable by comparison.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A little salt adds flavor. Skinny, you keep doing you, buddy.

6 Likes

You just made the same argument that people who hated D2 and Bungie made when comparing it to other games who’s playerbase hemorrhaged.

Fallout 4 lost 87% of its playerbase in the first 3 months.

Overwatch has lost a ton of players but you can’t see how much they’ve dropped because Blizzard doesn’t publish daily players for anything anymore since WoW had a major dropoff.

PUBG lost half of it’s playerbase in 4 months.

Hell Pokemon Go, remember that craze? Lost 2/3 of their players after the 2nd month.

A game losing 70% of its playerbase in 4 months is not surprising, nor outside of the norms of video games. And any game when it releases new content can get people back. Look at how bad Division and No Man’s Sky were.

Games being released in an “unfinished” state are the industry norm now on all platforms. Companies get games out in whatever state they’re in and then through time add patches, hotfixes and then paid DLCs. Paid DLCs on many games are not just cosmetic but core gameplay.

These companies do this because the consumer allows for them to get away with it.

Destiny, the original, is a prime example of a game that did this. People threw a fit that the game was unfinished. People threw a fit that Bungie cut content only to sell it to the players later. People threw a fit that the game was buggy. Then Destiny 2 came out and it surpassed D1’s preorder numbers. D2 ended up being more of the same where people threw a fit and just had a major expansion come out with so many people trying to play, that they had queue to even get into the server.

Welcome to gaming in the 21st century.

I think you did not read all the posts in here, we are talking about 95% or more.

I think you missed the part where I say that I’m ok with that, it is more about how it goes from there.

Thread title says 70% not 95% or more.

Average players in release month, May, was 21,556. Average players last month, 6,678.

Which is a 70% drop, well technically 69% but close enough.

Unless you want to go by peak, then it’s been an 87% drop.

https://steamcharts.com/app/440900

That is for steam players only, there are other sites who gives more detailed reports.

Then list your source for 95%.

Skinny
Nothing new that we disagree, here goes.

Sorry, you are totally mistaken about this, and when it comes to my other statements on my post above the words stand for them self, it is easy to see and compare.
To believe this drop in players is because funcom dont answer any direct report on a forum is just undelieveble and far from the truth.

First off, funcom sold 800k games during EA, and thats on the pc platform alone!

So now, after 4 months where the game had been on the top list of playstation usa, they have sold 700k more games including all 3 platforms!

Now, you only see players on the pc platform, and i suspect maybe 2-300k where sold on pc these 4 months, and those numbers you talk about are therefor totally wrong.

After ea many players came back to do another char to 60, thats normal, so you got all the new ones together with some of the ea players making full servers all over the place.
And, many of them are quite happy to play 2-3 weeks, reach 60, pvp some, and then play something else, it is totally normal.

Especially in these kinda games you hurt a lot when someone leaves because it is a social thing, clans leave, cant get your stuff etc etc and so you have the servers, private ones that just are in it for the hype and suddenly close down, not positive at all.

I am not surprised at all of this developement, and for you to try and say that this is because funcom dont answer enough on the forums is just stupid, and i think you need to count the posters on the forum to see just how wrong that is.

In regards of support you need to understand that the funcom staff will not have their work interrupted for any type of question that gets yelled out on a forum.
I am sure in many cases tasha needs to verify before she can answer, and she just cant run in to the devs room and demand answers!
NO, she need to calmly collect the issues, and then present them in a timely fashion together with the rest of issues at hand, id say 1-2 times a week or so.
If people dont understand this and leave the game because the coders actually are busy fixing stuff is beyond me.
And to be disapointed for the same reason is like biting ones own leg, it helps no one.

Someone may think Tasha knows everything about the game, and can answer but she wont becaue, ehh, funcom?
Well, this is simply not true, she have guidelines to follow thats all.

I am pretty clear about this as i like for the programmers to work on the problems at hand, and not answer questions that any guy can google and in most cases see that the issue allready is solved by rgw playerbase, or that he just experienced a heatstroke in his house.

The reports are being handled, just live with the fact that you dont get confirmation for every issue you report at once.

1 Like

Maybe because there are other to games they wanted to enjoy for a while so is not surprise conan exiles losing some playerbase for a moment,

and bruh I just stop playing for 2 days, I be back after Halloween it not like Conan world celebrate the same event as well. Not to mention new games coming alot this month.

Well, I’m not aware of those numbers or cases (I do not know if they are reliable) but in the case of D2 while the arguments are real and consistent I do not mind my voice being in tune with the thinking of other players. Haha! Of course each player is responsible for their own choices or opinions, but as I said, it is important to consider - for comparison - what actually caused a sharp drop in players.

This was not the work of “chance” or the mere fact that they had “played too much.” Even his first dlcs - involving reviews - had a mediocre reception among the audience due to their quality and size.

1 Like

Don’t disagree on the two DLCs we’ve seen.

I’ll give Funcom credit for just releasing them as DLC packs and not some kind of lottery boxes as other companies decide to do.

However they’re still basically microtransaction cosmetic stuff that people in gaming hate across all games and platforms and will continue to hate. Yet they must sell because companies still use these sleazy practices anyway despite the public outcry.

Well, I personally will give Funcom credit when the game is working “normally” for everyone, although this basically involves the company’s obligation and consumer right. And now running away from the subject, I would like the different methods of microtransactions to be banned or at least “regularized” by governments (especially if they do not just involve just the cosmetic context and have gambling mechanics when finalizing a purchase), as it seems that many companies are more interested in “easy profits” than in offering a stable product of quality. In that sense, I am happy for the case of SW - Battlefront 2 and all the controversy generated. Unfortunately, there is too much greed and less common sense (or integrity) in this industry.

I quite understand that this is very profitable and “tempting” - for there are players who are competing with this practice - but this does not make the activity less worthy of distrust, contempt or censure. But this is just a personal opinion.

4 Likes

I think a lot of players are waiting for the pet patch to hit offical servers. Whats the point of leveling, building up if everything will be reset once the pet patch comes? It’s just like individual servers where once wipe day is announced, people stop playing. The pet patch is announced so people are just waiting and not playing.

nothing on official servers will be reset with the pet release. They have said this many times in different posts.

2 Likes

Where do you get that information, there will be no wipe on official servers when the pet system goes live. There was even no wipe on the testlive servers who have the pet system currently. It has been posted many times officially from funcom, official servers will not be wiped. Please see the devtracker. It’s not that they have thousands posts to go thru :wink: , you will find what you need pretty easily.

1 Like

To get a game working “normally” for everyone when it’s cross platform is a pipe dream, let’s be real.

Issues on PC aren’t the same as they are on PS and issues on PS aren’t the same as they are on XBox.

The problem is games are mostly a port of one platform, so say that PC is the most stable on an optimal system, well when that goes over to PS4 hardware things happen and when it goes over to XBox hardware different things happen.

Because PC is the optimal build of the game, fixes go there first. And then when those are “stable” they get ported to the other platforms. Again, just because they work on PC doesn’t mean that will translate to the consoles. And fixes on PC may or may not even be feasible on console.

Now I know I may come across as a fanboy or dismissing Funcom for what they do wrong or not 100% right but this is just reality. This happens to many, if not all games, that are cross platform. Hell, look at another sandbox survival game in 7 Days to Die. The current PC build is miles ahead of the current console build.

1 Like

Please correct to Metacritic, server error to my Safari.

they cost us 13.99 CDN and it was still worth it.

my son uses the DLCs as trading items wherever he goes. He joins pvp servers just to set up and “sell” things like armour etc. He has gotten more gameplay from the DLCs then the rest of the game provided for him, mind you he is very young (don’t judge me lol) but that is how he loves to play.

3 Likes

Done :slight_smile: