A character planner for Conan Exiles

I’ve made a tool to allow players to plan their character builds and share them with the community:

http://conanexil.es/character.html

Main features:

• You can set your attributes by spending points just like in game.
  • The tool will indicate the required level based on the attribute points you spent.
  • Perks are unlocked according to your attributes.
  • You can pick your gear slot by slot, and the bonuses affect the attributes and can in turn unlock new perks. You can also pick a “kit” for each slot.
  • I’ve tried to replicate the “Stats” page from the game and give the same kind of info, e.g. damage, armor, health, stamina, encumbrance, temperature resistance, damage reduction.
  • At any time you can click on “Copy Link” to generate a unique link to your character that you can share with other people.
  • The tool also works on mobile phones.

There are still a few things missing:

• Some consistency checks, e.g. to prevent people from equipping a two-handed weapon and a shield.
  • The tooltips about the perks don’t work on mobile at the moment.
  • Encumbrance stats.
  • Damage reduction from armor as I still haven’t figured out the formula. (this is fixed now)

Let me know if you think that’s useful.

PS: many thanks to /u/Flissa92 for the updated Steam guides. Without these it would have taken me so long to find all the data that I would probably have given up by now.

15 Likes

Great idea. One issue I can see, however, is that it is designed for only the standard vanilla version of the game. There are quite a few mods out (and probably more still coming) that alter the number of attribute points.

Suggestion: Perhaps allow for players to adjust the number of attribute points available (defaulting to the standard 360 points, but allowing higher numbers as well - four digits in length should cover it).

But other than that, it looks really good and helpful. Nice work on this character builder!

1 Like

Good idea. I’ll put that in my TODO list for the next version. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback.

Glad to help. Someone having 9999 attribute points would be kind of silly, but I know some servers have like 1190 points or something like that. I think I even saw one mod that allowed a player to max out even more. But with Conan Exiles being mod friendly, there’s all kinds of combinations servers can try.

Sweet. its is saved :slight_smile:

Thx for sharing but we already use https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yrXuTvtfi9d_rGcxvbytALnjgFzfUwDfZh777mKxPuw/copy

1 Like

In your planer you only have 360 points to set. But ingame you have 390 :)?

Realy cool, thanks a bunch :slight_smile:

You’re right, that’s a bug. I don’t know how I ended up with 360 instead of 390. :frowning:

Thanks for the quick feedback. I’ve uploaded a new version with 390 points.

2 Likes

Np. and thx alot, But now it say you are level 65 when you set all the points :wink:

1 Like

Right.

I’m not sure anymore how many points you earn at each level. So I’ll just hide this text for now. If someone knows how this works, let me know.

Thanks again. This is very helpful feedback.

1 Like

I’ve uploaded a new version with support for encumbrance. So now you can have an idea of how much of your total encumbrance is used by your equipped gear.

1 Like

That’s a great work and a tool we all needed! Thanks man!

I just uploaded a new version that tells users about the required level for a given build. This way you can plan your intermediate builds as well as your end-game build.

1 Like

Well done! Thanks

Do you consider to localize your builder to another languages?
If yes, we are ready to help you with russian translation.

1 Like

That’s very nice of you.

I will look into a way to add translations (I’m new to this stuff) and let you know if I can make it happen. I can’t promise anything though. It’s quite an investment in terms of time and effort and given than less than 4% of the users of the tool are from Russia, it might not be worth it. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Saved. Promoted. Added to my Profile. Many, many thanks!

Also, @Redrick is a solid player and a good guy. His strategic use of Russian has enabled him to refine his in-game vernacular to an economy of Cyrillic that conveys instant information. From my experience, you will get no nonsense from his translations. Russians are a respected and strong playerbase.

1 Like

I just added a new stat: Effective Health.

It indicates your effective HP based on the damage reduction from your armor. It’s calculated against a weapon with 0% armor penetration.

3 Likes

Nice editor. Clean, simple, straight to the point.

Well done!