A Christmas event should have nothing to do with Christmas

Fiddle with the game settings until the damage done/damage taken ratio means you can kill them. Some games are built in a way where the content can auto-scale based on the number of online/nearby players, but CE doesn’t seem to be one of them - but they have given us the tools to do so ourselves.

By the way, you play online too, so what’s the problem?

How would a solo player on official servers do it (I am one such) ? We won’t. We either group up for the event (which can be great fun), or accept that our choice of playstyle makes some parts of the game unavailable to us.

That’s why I keep asking for ratio difficulty. Detect number of players and the spawned bosses, key and event, take the calculated stats. 1-X number of players are capable no matter what boss it is.

I can’t say I know Conan lore well enough…

I’ve always been a fan of Yule festivals, which celebrate joy of winter and giving and joy.

Sure, but it does

Yes it does, just tweak the settings until it matches the playstyle you chose.

In a multiplayer game a solo player shouldn’t expect the same level of difficulty vs a group of players. That’s like expecting to single handedly beat a raid on WOW it’s possible but unlikely. It’s time consuming and resource intensive to acuire the same standing as a group of players as should be. However I don’t think the same settings, boss difficulty for example, should be used for multiplayer and single player mode, because single player is forced to do it alone for the most part. No one is forcing a solo to join a clan or group but working together is still a very normal expectation. PvE is a prime example you can’t even harm each other so just showing up and helping is easy where as in PvP there is friendly fire to worry about it.

1 Like

Already explained to you that that was a choice you made. It’s the same one I made. Game can’t bend over backwards to fit every single possible playstyle. You’re basically saying the game is not allowed to have group content because you don’t want to play with others on an online server. Which is nonsense.

If it’s solo/co-op in single-player they can adjust the settings, if it’s in an online server they can join others if they want to take part in the group content. It’s very simple, really.

@Shadoza
I meant solo player not single player/co-op player for both times you quoted me.

Somewhat wrong, but not entirely. Your basic misunderstanding is that every single bit of content MUST be tuned for solo play, because the box says single-player on it. And I’m saying that for actual single-player, that’s not a problem since you have the admin panel, and for online multiplayer (even if you play solo there) that’s a self-imposed limitation that it’s up to you to deal with, one way or another. Either by playing with others, or by skipping that content.

No, I am saying they should have to make concessions/adjustments occasionally, if they want to take part in content that was not made especially for their chosen playstyle. By your logic, group content cannot be added to the game because you’re a solo player.

Right, I think that sums up our essential disagreement, and we shall just have to agree to disagree on that.

I’d much rather that there’s solo and group content in equal measure, but it doesn’t have to be the same content, because that’ll just leave it unsatisfying for both.

1 Like

I’ve heard a story from my Turkish father in law many times around Christmas. Santa Claus is based on an actual person and event that happened in Turkey around 280 AD.
His story said that the government of that time was taking children away from families who could not pay (taxes or something, I think)
So Saint Nicholas would, at night, climb onto rooftops, and drop money down the chimneys of poor families so that their children would not be taken from them.

Considering Conan lore is based on similar regions in similar time periods, this legend could be something that could carry over into the game in some way for Christmas time.
Maybe some nomad wanders about, leaving small useful gifts about. The poorer the region, the more likely something would be found?

2 Likes

Only problem i see is an easy exploit. have 1 person spawn the boss in, then the rest come in to the LOD. Easy kill. Unless you make the loot drop based on the HP, i can see clans devouring HP based on LOD players when spawned in.

I wish it wasn’t so, but reality is, exploiters will exploit.

1 Like

Very true

I agree Christmas is a Christian holiday. I think if they were to do it right it be Yule logs for luck (or other buffs since luck isnt an attribute) maybe a food product Celebrate Yule with a series of feasts. Sure you can adorn red green and white but not as festive colors of christmas but pine leaves, berries and fabric of white… And since celebration of Light and the rebirth of the Sun… Have something in line of that… Idk. Just don’t make it santa on reindeer… Its conan an era of pagan gods and goddess… Not Christianity…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.