A little review since testing the Early Access now for 10 years on Conan

And is it even true? I’ve only been playing for something like 18 months and besides a few more ridiculous locked-in :lock: animations and unnecessary secondary and tertiary animations sequences, I feel like the game’s pace is faster overall - not slower.

My dumb ass immediately thought you were referring to South Park the Fractured But Whole…

Ofc you can okay without whem. You can play game without weapons too. But fro what reason?

That’s been explained multiple times in this thread. Sorry, but if you don’t get it by now, you never will. I’m guessing you get it, but are just trolling. Either way, I’m done now. Enjoy the game, or don’t. Your choice.

2 Likes

What was explained? The game right now centered around thralls, they are too OP to not use them. And its ridiculous when thrall has 10k hp and player has 500.

Also i played Siptah a little more then 30 minutes (all my previos attempts i cant stand it more then this amount of time) and now i understand why u all use 1h maces. Difficulty of Siptah mobs are 2-3x higher then in Exiled lands and most of them has tons of armor. On EL you barely need a mace, 2h sword\1h axe are the best option and any dagger to add bleeds, thats all. but on Siptah its different, i agree.
The thing i still dont get what is the reason to play on it, Siptah is grindfest, centered around eldarium and ??? farm. Also it has very bad thrall spawn points, its a way harder to get any decent thrall there compared to EL where you can farm them even on 10+ lvl easily. (i mean named thralls).
But i must admit that Siptah has very beautiful locations and stunning visuals sometimes with great work of lightning.

If you’re talking about PVP, sure. If you’re talking about PVE, to use or not to use them is entirely your choice. That is what was explained.

That’s because a thrall is dumber than a sack of hammers, and the player is presumably smart.

Again, you either have subpar knowledge of what you’re talking about or you’re bending everything out of shape to agree with some obsessive min-max mentality. I’m leaning towards not knowing a lot, because you’ve already proven that several times.

Any place with a bunch of undead enemies is going to be a major pain in the ass without a mace, and so are several of the bosses too. EDIT: Oh, and the rocknoses, thanks for the reminder, @Jimbo.

Saying you hardly need maces in Exiled Lands is kinda like saying you hardly need anything except stone daggers: both are technically true for very specific play styles, but both are extreme opinions in a game that offers many different ways to have fun to many different kinds of players.

Since that’s an explanation that seems to have gone over your head the last time, let me put it in a blunt way that allows for no misinterpretation: there are many people who play in a way you don’t and have fun, and they don’t want you or anyone else forcing one specific play style to be the most common. If you don’t have fun with the game, stop trying to force everyone else to change.

3 Likes

The fact that you’re trying to apply bleed to undead or rocknoses really shows how knowledgeable on the subject you are. I bow to you sir, the master of all wisdom.

Remember the movie “A League of their Own” where the baseball coach says that the hard is what makes baseball great?

Well, like Skyrim and Fallout 4, the availability of mods is what makes Conan great. And I mean that in every sense of the word. For example, one mod I use in all 3 of those games is making head gear invisible.

Oh, and while mods are being discussed, does Conan have any nice female armour mods? I don’t mean sexy, maybe something like Red Sonja or Conan’s main squeeze in the 1981 Conan movie. Something like that.

But as i said - use of weapons, or armor, or legendaries are up to you too, but by not using them you making game for you worse because its designed to use em.

Yes, but player cant kill thrall with 10k hp that hit for 250+ hp per hit with 2h sword.

On EL only place that has tough undead enemies are Unnamed city, but even is enemies are easily killed by 1 player with 2h sw\1h axe and thrall with 2h Telif sword. No need for mace cause all undead are killed too fast even with this weapons. ofc u can use mace, but its not mandatory there. On Siptah i agree, tons of armored enemies makes mace better, and on sitah u can obtain 70+dmg mace, which is impossible on EL.

They are oneshotted with 2h telif too. But 2h has better radius and thrall can hit even moving targets with it. with mace its a pain to hit target that run away from thrall.

You totally misundertood me. maybe its because my lack of knowledge in english, im not native speaker.
All my sentences were about “aja bane meta” and “mace meta” for players and thralls. Many people on reddit and here that i saw pretend that 2h mace is “best weapon in exiles” which is not true.

Where i said that i apply bleed to undead or rocknoses, the master of all wisdom?

Some players seem to be quite persistent in their attempts to prove the second part of your statement false. The first part is true, though, and the reason why a good player can beat a good thrall in a one-vs-one situation - even if it may take some time. The player may not be able to afford any mistakes in that fight, but in our imagination, we always play perfectly whereas our opponent is dumb.

3 Likes

Eh, nah… You can make lots of mistakes and still beat the very best thralls - and it doesn’t take that long. So killing Siptah’s overland boss “The Judge” is like, a 30min non-stop fight (OMG Exhausting!) and I believe he’s 8k HP. But, I can get my friend’s almost 11K thrall down to a few pixels of health (very close to death), in about 7 or 8min. And mistakes only cost me a potion and walking in circles for 15 seconds.

Can’t they? Have I been playing the game wrong, should I stop?

Oh wait, you’re talking about players who are bad at the game still

1 Like

And as I keep saying, you’re wrong: the game is designed to give you the choice whether to use them or not. It’s intentional.

I haven’t found any AI enemy in this game that a player can’t kill. You’re either doing it wrong or you have too much lag.

Like I keep saying, nothing is technically mandatory, even in Exiled Lands. It really all depends on how you want to play. As long as we’re talking about PVE, you have a wide range of choices. Just because people who don’t care about PVE combat can breeze through it with a well-equipped thrall, doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with that. In fact, that’s the whole bloody point of the design.

I don’t hang around Reddit, and I don’t know what people you saw here talking about “meta” in PVE. Ain’t no PVE meta in Conan Exiles.

2 Likes

This.

I’ve restarted and played on both maps countless times and I always try to change up my method. I rarely use a thrall as I find it wildly boring, and I can do all the fighting myself. The closest thing to a meta I’ve found is the obvious logic of more damage means better. The weapons are all circumstantially good.

Daggers have their place as invaluable against bosses.
Spears and shortswords are phenomenal for single target combat.
Axes and maces are excellent all around.
Two handed weapons are king for clearing out crowds.
Throwing axes are great for stuns, cripple from distance, and spin attacks.

The only weapons I would consider not good are javelins, bows, and swords. But even still with enough patience and the right build you can make them work if you try.

Emphasis on the try part, I don’t think our friend here tries at all.

Seems like a stubborn situation here but if consensus will help… My buddies and I played CE EL 4 days a week for 4 months on a dedicated server setup and we put all of our legendary weapons in “trophy boxes” and never used them. I don’t think there’s a boss in the game we (at least one of us) didn’t take on and beat. The server settings were default only with the whether set to higher extremes.

As they lost interest and moved to other games I used some of them though. :slight_smile:

Its uneffective. or you want to say that killing 20k hp boss without thrall by dodge 100500 times and kiting is good option?

Well i want to see, how player without thrall will kill thrall with 8-10k hp and a player, he must be king of a kiting then.

okay, i want play with claws, but what is that? There are NO epic claws on EL at all. Or maybe i want to play with dual wield weapons? There are 3 of them on EL, great, all with 50~ damage, top weapons, why i will use em if there are more effective ones? only if im a ■■■■■■■■■ or playing game for 1st time.

i agree, idk who bring meta to that game because its broken and its not a competitve game at all.

I think it is. It’s called having skill and not playing idle game boss farm

If the player the thrall belongs to is on par with your skill level, it really wouldn’t be hard lmao

Straight up not true. Look it up, there’s a wiki

Buddy, throwing axes. Please. You’re embarrassing yourself

Sure. And many of us don’t give a damn. It’s almost as if not everybody cares about obsessively min-maxing their PVE combat style.

There are bosses I prefer to solo. There are those for which I bring a thrall. There are those I don’t fight at all. I’m willing to bet that if you ask 10 different people here, they’ll give you 10 different breakdowns of which bosses fall into which category.

That’s the beauty of it.

Or because you have fun that way. If you only have fun using the most effective weapons, then do that. If you have fun ramping up the challenge using weapons that entertain you, then do that. However, if you want to play Dark Souls, then play Dark Souls. Conan Exiles is not Dark Souls.

1 Like

It’s almost as if Funcom put different types of bosses into the game that require different tactics to be dealt with. Crazy idea, right?

3 Likes