A Look Back and the Way Forward

Healing in its current state is fine. Being able to easily just run way from combat is the issue, and this change will just make running all that more of a lucrative option.

Currently i don’t even run from pvp as me and my group are the most actively avoided people as we have yet to lose a pvp fight. However it is very irritating when people run around in circles and i have to sit and wait for them to come to me. If someone doesn’t want to get hit that can literally just walk slowly away from someone and avoid all damage.

Not if the drinking animation slow you down.

It sounds like it will root you in place. That means people wont even engage in fights if they think there is even a slightest chance of losing because they cant heal. They will just run.

That is exactly what happens now when they know they have a slight chance they will lose. People see someone sporting legion gear and a bone weapon and run like hell the other way because of that. The only pvp i’ve seen in the last couple of weeks was when i went out to noob river in scrub gear. (level 10 heavy.) and attacked random people with stone gear.

Heh, I can imagine the feeling of someone playing a barbarian pvp game not having the balls to face a fight, either way, ppl running from you its a win, without loot, but its a win.

1 Like

More often than not tribes with multiple level 60s don’t war with each other they just attack anyone else as they don’t want to deal with people who could run the same gear as them. I’ve seen several servers so far where the entire north was controlled by alliances of level 60 tribes. Essentially a pvp server becomes pve for anyone at level 60 who possesses the ability to craft legion gear and dragon bone weapons.

Thats the problem Caco, I don’t care about loot i just like fighting. But no one will even cross my group anymore.

I’d rather have people run away and heal in a realistic way (I am aware that its a game) since it will add more depth to the combat. Right now its just running in circles and theres not much to counter that since consuming food and potions is instant. Having an animation would create more possibilities during combat to counter and maybe change the current mentality about combat. Ex.: Actually utilizing the bow to cripple the opponent when he stops or slows down to heal. (Hopefully the consuming animation doesnt require standing still, since eating and drinking is technically possible when running, but it shouldnt be allowed to sprint since then nothing is changed)
Edit: grammar

Even if you allow them to casually run dude they can still avoid all damage even arrows in flight if the person has half a brain. The animations and flight time take to long to hit a mobile target. Most pvp right now is just people trading blows and the person with the better gear wins.

I thought the exact same thing, healing and explosive arrows… -_- sigh… I hope their effects are very minor.

1 Like

Perhaps adding some kind of system for rewarding pvp where someone dies would help fix that issue.

Since they’re already in the game files, we can see. The healing arrows produce a cloud that heals everything in it. Seems ridiculous to me.

Exactly. This change will only reinforce that behavior. This change is seemingly their bandaid solution to running away from combat, yet in my view it will have the adverse effect of there wont be any combat at all.

Bows and thrown weapons don’t need to be buffed in the terms of damage output, but buffed into more reliable utility tools.

Currently they are far too inaccurate even at 50 ACC when moving, use far too much stamina, slow you down for animations, and the projectiles move far too slow.

1 Like

If you ask me Caco it is still a step in the right direction even if it isn’t lore friendly as it makes bows more viable for pvp allowing them to be support and other such things. Even raid worthy in some ways. However it doesn’t change the fact that bows still are pretty garbage in their current state. If you ask me though they aren’t the only thing that needs an overhaul all legendary weapons need something special not just glowing like the forgelight or a stat buff different animations entirely would be much better. Like the vaulting pole being about to back flip or jump forward and strike making it much more different than the average pike.

My hope is they will make bows viable not only as utility weapons but as a pvp weapon in general and it wouldn’t take much to do this. But using a bow is just too expensive and you can’t make an effective build for it even at level 60. You would think with the stam cost so high you would get alot of bang for you buck but not at all. I spend less stam swinging an obsidian greatsword and do way more damage than i do with a dragonbone bow using dragon bone arrows.

I’ve only killed 1 player while he was sprinting around in front of me in circles with a bow while moving - Lucky shot! But its rather easy to hit sidestepping and running people with some practice (especially runners that run in a straight line!). I mostly use spear and 1h axe/sword with shield, but I am quick to whip out the bow when people run away and decimate their legs.
Edit: Agree on the stamina part, its being drained too fast compared to melee weapons

Thats the problem though my man most people don’t run in straight lines. Currently i rock silent legion (Heavy armor) and a dragon bone pike dealing upwards of 100 damage in a single stroke of a light strike. People that know how to use the current mechanics just run in circles and try to keep away from me and poke at someone less heavily geared. I’ve fought 8 people at once and killed all eight without healing everyone since that point runs in circles instead of engaging because they know what that armor and gear looks like and does making them less likely to poke at me.

My God, I just can’t beleive what I saw… FC… what are you doing !!! Howard would not approve this I bet… dont fit at all in Hyborea.

I like bows, but this… ugh…

2 Likes

I see a lot of players that run in straight lines, especially in vast open areas like the desert or the highlands. Something else that is fun is not revealing the bow if the runner is heading in a direction that requires climbing… follow and wait for the person to get up a bit and shoot the poor soul down - i crackle every time.