A Look Back and the Way Forward

I understand your point, but there are other ways to make bows viable… the accuracy line and perks should help with this, not magical arrows, whoever came with this ideia didnt imagine that this will change the game in a bad way, trust me, it might be cool at a glance, but it will impact the game badly.

I can’t beleive Joel Bylos approved this!

I can see how a few of those arrows will make raiding very interesting especially if given to thralls so they can fire large amounts of them. But at its current standing the accuracy skill line is garbage and so are the bows it works for. While this may not be what the game needs it is certainly their attempt to fix a problem. However a few of said arrows would in fact fit. The poison arrows for instant are nothing more than a gas orb fixed to the end of an arrow shaft. Corruption arrows will likely require corrupt stone. In a way it does fit into the game if you really think about it each arrow could already theoretically be crafted from items already in game.

While poison arrows does exist when you poison them, an arrow with an orb attached would never make the flight due to weight.

They actually removed that ability some time ago. Can’t do it anymore. But we ‘can’ poison leather bindings…

The orb on the end will likely be smaller and have less effect. The current reason they weigh so much is to discourage people from carrying around massive quantities of them. I highly doubt that those things originally weighted so much. I am not sure about you but i’ve held a hand blown glass orb full of water and its really dang light.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue: Go figure! Hehe

Even being possible, either way, it wont be “good” for the balance of the game, it will just encourage griefing. Explosive arrows… just imagine.

I’ll give 'em to 50+ thralls. Oh yeah.

They’ll have to make it so thralls have limited ammo, at the very least. I still wouldn’t want those or healing arrows in the game though.

1 Like

You, me and all serious players wouldn’t… I really hope they think more about this.

Healing should be a personal responsibility, this aint some moba, area of effect healing items doesnt fit this type of survival genre game. Its already way too easy to heal up in combat. Make it even harder, I say!
Edit: just a thought, perhaps adding a small cooldown for healing potions and do dynamic animations for consumption. (usable only while running, not sprinting, and it will slow you down even further - then it becomes a tactical decision to retreat for heals which also gives a disadvantage if done at the wrong time)

Agreed, with these area of effect arrows the game will turn more into a moba or mmo, no good at all (for those who wants the game survival/hyborea themed) .

They’re adding the so welcome animations for potions, but adding healing arrows? Its like kissing a girl then punching her in the face the second later.

Good that your remark the pets should be killable in PVP, I hope this time they don’t allow them to be killable in pve, like thralls, and having us to complain and wait for months till they patch them as unkillable in pve XD

Would rather see expansion packs than DLCs, DLCs are the bane of mods. They cause far more updates which requires mods to be updated more and some of them can royally screw up the tables mods use which causes HAVOC for those that have it and those that dont.

Expansions places all of your content into one package and thus a modder is free to create 2 versions if they want, one with the xpac and one without…being hit with 15 DLCs that alters the tables a mod uses creates a mountain of work for a modder and they are far more likely to just say screw it and abandon their mod.

Now when you factor in most players are playing multi-player, on servers you have just taken this issue to a whole new place as everyone is going to need to have the same DLCs and if their favorite server doesnt have DLC you are doing what? creating a situation where players are going to choose to NOT buy!

One xpac is more enticing to everyone especially those running their own servers as less hassle is involved.

No word about decay.
Holidays are coming.

I am assuming that the healing and explosive arrows are a way to keep sorcery on the back burner for a few months longer. They said previously that the orbs were a way to fill in the void from a lack of sorcery, then in this article they stated that the new arrows work well with the orbs, further adding to my assumption.

Wouldn’t a cloud of healing heal you and the enemy who also stands in it? So, a support guy shooting healing arrows at his buddies in a pvp fight would end up potentially healing everyone. How effective will that really be? Admittedly, I am not a PvPer, so I’m sure someone else will find a creative way to avoid healing the enemy…

1 Like

Like I said in a thread that nobody seemed to care about, they should just put sorcery in the game and have a competition with all the modders to create the animations they’re apparently lacking. Let people vote on what animations they like the best, then implement those into the game. That would be a great way to hype the game and bring the community together. Well, maybe, I’m sure people will still be upset, but if it helps give us sorcery rather than this “band-aid” they’re giving us, I’d definitely be ok with it.

1 Like

Yeah probably. Since the arrows have existed in the game files for a while, they’ve had this planned for quite some time.

So console users with no modabilty should just leave the game due to the lack of new items? The so called master race of pc players should be all companies rely on?

My opinion would be ‘yes’. Luckily my opinions hold no sway over anything or anyone.

3 Likes

So lose 3 4ths of ur player base means this game died at birth ex, come on dude. Ur better than that