A major update now

:smiley: It’s not devoid of content. It’s about “subsumption” and syllogism. But forget about all that.

This behavior isn’t banned because they don’t have the ressources to enforce rules even if they would set some in place. Harassment and Griefing Issues

I do understand the argument that everything is allowed on officials. I can follow that logic. No problem. But in this case it’s astonishing that a majority talks about “exploits”. By that logic we should call it ‘just playing the game’. In fact there is a feeling of unfairness coming with it. I guess this feeling is not only caused by people not knowing how to use these “strategies” but also because they have an idea about the game developers intentions related to the game design.

I’ll make up an example to not talk about a real thing in Conan.
If I meet you in the game world and I kill you by drinking from my waterskin. How do you think would the majority of players react to that?

It’s also interesting that “exploiters” themselves call what they do “exploiting”. This word has a negative connotation. If you ask exploiters how they would describe their behaviour I promise you that most of them will say that ‘it’s not okay for others (their victims) but…’ I ask them and not when they just destroyed my game but when I talk to them in Discord or on Steam.

And now, this is the problem with sharing exploits with the public. You could argue that this equalizes the chances but many people will, if they have to make a decision, decide against using an exploit. It’s about personal attitude and a sense of fairness and whatsoever. You might call them dumb. Idk. But showing an exploit will create more exploiters and more victims. It might even work and make FUNCOM react faster but I can’t advocate it. The end doesn’t justify the means. Atleast not for me.

1 Like