A major update now

With the 2gb “patch” (instead of the 32gb) that changed absolutely nothing, and actually increased stuttering problems on PS4 PRO you mean ?
Oh yes, that one you patched.

The exploit in question was already being worked on but a bit tricky to properly fix. The timing had nothing to do with what was or wasn’t made public.

That was the normal parity patch and had the same content than the Xbox and PC one save some additional PS4 only fixes. We did however do optimization to decrease said patch to go through the Sony Cert.

I would kindly like to ask you to stop with the hyperbole. I trust everyone in this discussion is interested in adding to the conversation in a meaningful way.

3 Likes

Dera Tascha,
I am glad I finally got your attention, unfortunately the performance of the game on PS4 PRO has decresead after mentioned patch, several topics around the forum have stressed this point out, the stuttering is extremely frustrating to the point that players have to remove doors as “escamotage” to decrease such problem moving around bases, even small ones.
The game on PS4 PRO runs with very poor performances, still.
The only reason why I keep stressing this out using what you call hyperboles, is that we love the game, and we would like to have it working properly, or at least properly for the full retail price we paid for it, not as an early access.
Playing the game without having to lose our inventory, and all the hours spent to collect it, everytime we run off a cliff due to stuttering would be the minimum requirement.
Sorry if this irritates you, believe me, is way more irritating for PS4 PRO users.

2 Likes

I understand that frustration is born out of passion for the game.

We are aware that both Consoles have performance issues and we are actively working on improvements in that regard. Once the TestLive patch hits Live on consoles it should have improvements in that regard :slight_smile:

1 Like

And what about the systemic problems that plague everybody playing? Thralls that stand there when a purge happens. Archers trying to attack things several blocks below them with a melee weapon?

And not to mention the deliberate things like the game itself offline raiding people on official servers. Have a full purge meter for two weeks and the game decides to pick the night I have to delay being on an hour because I was late cooking dinner to spawn a purge and destroy a huge structure because my defenders couldn’t be bothered to defend it.

That is only “part of the meta” if “the meta” is “drive people away”.

1 Like

Let me direct you to this post a few hours ago in an AI Overhaul for NPC's. Elsewhere, it was verified that AI work will be done in tandem with purge reworking. The issues definitely are being looked into, it just feels very slow from the end users perspective. There is no [Fix All] button, so they do what they can. Another post today spoke of getting monthly patches containing bug fixes.

I have to agree with you on offline raiding, so I try to play on private servers with rules against that.

2 Likes

Offline raiding by people is one thing. Having the Purge mechanic do it is quite another and it is extremely irritating. . Frankly that is the last major issue I have with this game. It is the reason why, since launch, at least one member of our clan has been on for the entire purge window, with a couple of exceptions as long as we have had a purge eligable meter.

Out of maybe four times someone has been late? Two of them we got hit.

Woo, thanks for the link. That’s exciting.

1 Like

Funcom’s been saying this :poop: since launch and before. This patch “Should improve”, well, we will have to take your word for it! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s also been said that things are “fixed” but players say they are literally “still broken” or “re-broken” if you read the forums. Good times :wink:

2 Likes

Ok. I see. You deleted your post. Alright… so do I.

I am SOOOO looking forward to both AI Overhaul for NPCs and Purge Reworking. Those elements encompass my favorite parts of Conan Exiles. I’d take those elements over Pets, new dungeons, or even new DLC any day.

1 Like

The video left me horrified and awestruck. But hey, if it works and we get some hotfixes to quickly cover up them exploits, then by all means, lol. Those are some serious issues that need addressed sooner than later, and if it takes shedding public light on it makes it get top priority, then I guess that’s what should be done. I was a very big proponent for fixing the core of the game over superfluous added content.

Again, these are not major update fixes, but serious exploits that need hotfixed ASAP. My reference to AI was what would actually be part of a major content update (and more essential to regular gameplay than pets or a new dungeon). After seeing several other games reviewed recently, my confidence is shaken in UE4’s ability to sustain good AI, but we shall see how it all plays out.

Yes, we have far too many servers leftover from launch (and not of the highest quality). We knew hype would die down and most would go dead, but there was no real good option. Either make people mad by not having enough space for weeks, or shut some down later and let a lot of peoples structures get wiped.

1 Like

To be technical, the USA has the USAB (USA Basketball) which is sort of like the FA for Basketball in the USA. The NBA is not even like the Premier League. The NBA is a private club of teams who form a league. They make their own rules, this is how the NFL got the version of Rugby they ended up with (not at all the same thing). There are other professional basketball leagues in the USA each of which is also a private club of teams.

The analogy falls apart because there is no analogy to Funcom in American basketball.

In any case it is in Funcom’s interest to fix issues related to bugs and cheating. I farmed New Asagard for weeks then I found out Njoror Battleborn was bugged and that the bug had existed for a while and had been fixed internally but not included in a recent hotfix. That goes to character and competence and my faith in their ability to fix any of the other issues.

And this is where I disagree. If I want the legislative branch to enact stricter laws for example I don’t go around and commit certain crimes and teach others how to do it aswell. In addition Tascha clearly stated here that this is not how FUNCOM works. They fix what they can fix and release it when it’s done.

Why do I mix up content with exploiting and bugfixing or bring them in relation? Because you can add content to the game but it will be based on a foundation that seems to be weak. By now people are wondering how different exploits still exist or come back by using the same or similar steps.

2 Likes

Your analogy here fails because the point is that they aren’t “crimes”, at least on unmoderated servers.

Guess people understand it. First of all you need to check and prove that my statement is an analogy before you can check if it failed. I advice you to look up the word anology in the process aswell.

This is a statement devoid of content.

Unmoderated official servers have no rules apart from the hard limitations of the game. Furthermore, this behavior isn’t banned because it isn’t really well known, hence the videos publicizing it.

That is not strictly true. There are a (very few) things that are not allowed, even though it’s entirely possible via game mechanics. Walling off the starting area, just to use one recent example where people were (deservedly) banned from official servers.

2 Likes

Yeah, but those are the subjective rules requiring a moderator, which is why I said “unmoderated”. All that aside, moderates will never be able to keep up with griefers and trolls in the long run, but, the devs can remove exploits and bugs like this. which they don’t do quickly and efficiently. With a bug reporting system that either doesn’t work or is sluggish and unresponsive then reporting issues like this in public is the right thing to do.

1 Like

:smiley: It’s not devoid of content. It’s about “subsumption” and syllogism. But forget about all that.

This behavior isn’t banned because they don’t have the ressources to enforce rules even if they would set some in place. Harassment and Griefing Issues

I do understand the argument that everything is allowed on officials. I can follow that logic. No problem. But in this case it’s astonishing that a majority talks about “exploits”. By that logic we should call it ‘just playing the game’. In fact there is a feeling of unfairness coming with it. I guess this feeling is not only caused by people not knowing how to use these “strategies” but also because they have an idea about the game developers intentions related to the game design.

I’ll make up an example to not talk about a real thing in Conan.
If I meet you in the game world and I kill you by drinking from my waterskin. How do you think would the majority of players react to that?

It’s also interesting that “exploiters” themselves call what they do “exploiting”. This word has a negative connotation. If you ask exploiters how they would describe their behaviour I promise you that most of them will say that ‘it’s not okay for others (their victims) but…’ I ask them and not when they just destroyed my game but when I talk to them in Discord or on Steam.

And now, this is the problem with sharing exploits with the public. You could argue that this equalizes the chances but many people will, if they have to make a decision, decide against using an exploit. It’s about personal attitude and a sense of fairness and whatsoever. You might call them dumb. Idk. But showing an exploit will create more exploiters and more victims. It might even work and make FUNCOM react faster but I can’t advocate it. The end doesn’t justify the means. Atleast not for me.

1 Like