A mysterious package

story

The only obvious number is “one”.

There’s a ten, sort of. One must offset themself from ten(ements).

Those are both words not number characters though…

Edit: My interpretation is that the pass-phrase contains numerical digits that are ‘listed’ in the hand written note…

The "o"s could be interpreted as “0,” the lowercase "l"s could be “1,” lowercase “e” could be argued to be “6,” “h” could be considered “4,” both “m” and “w” could be argued to be “3”…

But most keenly, unless there was an accidental dragging of the pen, the “k” in “unlock” is stylistically distinct from the “k” in “known.” The first one looks like the kind that has a closed-loop top, and naturally written–where the other not only lacks the loop, but the top and bottom branches are distinctly separate…and it looks like a sideways pi symbol. (I forget whether this has been previously mentioned, and pi is too short to search for, but it seems fair to bring it back up in any case.)

For all it’s worth, the password apparently isn’t “π3 +c” (or, de-spaced, “π3+c”), which is the line of actual characters one gets by turning the node 90° to the right and ignoring everything above what is the space in “off set” on the original note.

1: im not english fluent but it could be a different reality (PoV) to explore.

2: trying to understand the “set off”, i assume you substract “Themselfs” letters from Tenements but i understand set off as doing an anagram. and in particular moving only MS letter as if it was written “set off the Ms” its kind of bold text inside the “themselfs” word. this is my limit i cant find or understand anagram related to that and understand it.

3: trying the hexadecimal track i note by pure coincidence that the shape of the T from the note are = 10

imput data : 10
convert: hex numbers to text
output:
if i remember that particular cross the alt code was… Alt+ 0134

Maybe those information can be linked to the Pi number found in the K upperletter.

4: by curiosity i looked MS binary code
M: 01001101
S: 01010011
by substracting them i got 00011110 which give me the symbol, then i refer to the molecules already found and it correspond to the Mirtazapine.

and here i give up cause english give me headhache, i have no knowledge of informatic languages and it seems to be a requirement . Enjoy the quest, hope i wont send you in worst pathes.

edit post scriptum: i also check if “the MS elfs(themselfs)” was an special name for leprechauns living in tenements (buildings) until i noted plural of elf is elves…:sweat:

“M’Self” tips fedora at the mirror

Forever Alone

Honestly, whatever the solution to this puzzle is can’t possibly live up to the years of suspense. As much as I’d like to see that it was actually solvable using the clues provided, I think some mysteries are best left unsolved.

The real treasure is the friendships we made along the way.

Couldn’t help but think of this quote from the late Sir Terry:
“The jailers had taken the map off him, of course, probably while he was busy being a dead man. It was a good map, and in studying it Mr. Wilkinson and his chums would learn a lot about decryption, geography, and devious cartography. They wouldn’t find in it the whereabouts of AM$150,000 in mixed currencies, though, because the map was a complete and complex fiction. However, Moist entertained a wonderful warm feeling inside to think that they would, for some time, possess that greatest of all treasures, which is Hope.”

– Terry Pratchett, Going Postal