A mysterious package

story

Possibly. But your method of attempting to get to the phrase seems a bit complex. Not that you’re definitely wrong, but from the understanding I have from the creators comments, the more complex the method the less likely we’re on the right track. Occam’s Razor and all that.

yes mind is just searching all possibilities of what this could mean. I know it will be something soooo stupidly simple.

That’s my guess, too. Something simple, but obscure. It will likely seem obvious to the creator, but it’s not that obvious to anybody else.

currently playing with how things look on the note and this pattern recognition thing.

First thing i notice is at the start you have
to
of
off

a coincidence or a deliberate template for a pattern?

The note when i look at is reads … off set theMselfs. There are 3 words with M in it. when lined up the row following the m going down reads USE
if I use the way those letters at the start read (down also down and across ) I can see also see the word… sent. other things, the Ten, elfs, tents, themselfs.

I read somewhere that the maker confirmed that the passphrase works. Did they test that on the rar file that Tilty linked to us? From what I have read, if that is not correct we are up the creek without a paddle even if we do hit on the right passphrase