A picture (video) is worth a thousand words

Game mode: [Single-player]
Type of issue: [Bug]
Server type: [Single-player]
Region: [USA]

This is an issue I reported in the Testlive section of the forum last month, “Sticky Terrain Features”. I never got a response from a moderator on this issue so I don’t even know if anyone associated with Funcom saw the topic. In fact, I rarely ever get a response confirming that my topic was seen by Funcom in the testlive forum section. Sigh.

Anyhow, as the title says a video is worth a thousand words…

Videos are 2 posts down. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. In Sep City locate the Dancer by the Set altar.
  2. Hit them with a truncheon, or any weapon, and see that they do not move from the spawn spot.
  3. In the Unnamed City, get the skeletons at the top of the stairs across from the snake boss to agro and see that the one on the west side of the stairs is stuck.
  4. The “sticking” glitch will also happen to enemies and thralls almost anywhere on the map when they maneuver next to terrain (rocks, trees, stumps, pottery, etc.) during a fight.

The 2 instances in the video happen 100% of the time so I figured they were good to use to showcase this bug/glitch.

1 Like

Hmm… that didn’t seem to work.

Sorry for the inconvenience… I’m working on it.

1 Like

Also, it looks like daggers need to be looked at. The hit box using daggers seems to have shrunk quite a bit since the mounts update. You can see this clearly in the 1st video.

I have seen this happen hundreds of times during my gameplay. It happens whenever the NPC gets too close to a structure, whether that structure is static (part of the map) or placed (built by a player) doesn’t matter. The weapon-type doesn’t matter either. The NPC is trying to move, and sometimes you can see them running in place. So, this probably isn’t an AI issue, either (which doesn’t mean that it can’t be solved with AI).

Are you using Less Building Placement Restrictions (LBPR)? This allows placement of NPCs closer to structures than the base game will allow, resulting in this issue. Recreating this condition/issue does not require LBPR, however.

My guess would be that the meshes/models share the same space, and the structure collision takes effect. The game sees the NPC as being inside a small piece of a structure and will not allow the NPC to pass the collision plane/surface. The opposite of this takes place when NPCs fall through the floor/ground between collision planes. So, the answer is not as easy as removing or resizing the collision boundaries.

2 Likes

I’m using the default setting for the game with no mods.

I always forget to include info like that… doh!

Hey @Technicolorfool

Thanks for the information provided, we’ll relay it to our team.
Please be aware that Testlive forums are mostly used when there’s a new content patch being tested. During any other period, we barely visit it as the builds would be the same as in the main branch of the game.

2 Likes

Mwahahahah!! :smiling_imp: :metal:
Video #1 was funny. He all but landed on his head too! Best chuckle Ive had all week. (Im kind of warped) In fact it takes me back to my first flying rhinoceros. Thanks Technicolorfool. I like it.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.