A To-do List for Funcom. Some easy fixes and suggestions #MakeAoCGreatAgain

pvp
suggestion

Dissarming Agression should be group wide.

And you should know. We need changes in pve and pvp on guard. With your suggestions s@s going to be OP in PvE.

With your suggestions s@s going to be OP in PvE.

Who cares if it’s op in pve? Are the npcs going to complain? this thread is more to do with pvp balance while not nerfing anyone in pve is the ultimate goal and not being unfair about tradeoffs or severely crippling any classes. Bringing classes like the guardian back into respectable pvp is what my suggestions seek. Allowing guardians to use sword and shield in pvp again ultimately. Not just polearm.

Disarming aggression is currently a self buff that grants +4% damage increase for 15 seconds. Kinda weak.

i proposed it be upped a bit to 10% and the duration lowered to 10 seconds. Seems balanced out. Maybe even 8 seconds. 15 would be too long.

a group wide buff of 20% at a 15 second duration? you must be high son. I can just imagine the damage in minigames or even world pvp in the festival when a guard teams up with a couple mages and pops this every time it goes off cd.

I mean a 4-5% group wide buff might be reasonable for a short duration of 5 seconds but I don’t see how it should be group wide at all.

90% of your suggestions hits too much PvE.

Your argument lacks any sustenance in that regard. Being too “OP in PVE” is irrelevant from a tanking standpoint.

Bahh, where is this Guardian whine coming from. Guardian is the most complete tank for t5 and t6 especially before conq and dt get geared from there. And no, polearm is not viable in a good raidforce where people push 3k dps, and doesnt even come close to the s&b potential in PVE.

I think its time you adapt your statements to match your psuedo knowledge in the PVE-meta.

You are talking about OP sugesstion but you wrote.

My reckoning crits 2,5k few times in mini. Crits. But normaly on frenzy hits 1k, so you still wanna 200%?

More toughnes? Now in PvE guardians can eazy reach 60%+ more mitigation.

Everyone cares. You are talking about PvP rebalance only and you want ruin all PvE classes only for that.

Well, tbh DT’s have been broken balance wise for quite some time in pve, you know tanking stuff and doing more dps than many strictly dps classes.

@moriala The guardian is horrible in pvp and this post is directed at a pvp standpoint but thanks for your input on pve.

I’ll do more research on reckoning,

a boost to 150% dmg on storm strike would only add 50% more dmg than usual. you understand math right?

and i dont get your reasoning for pve and guardian being op. How can you be op in pve?

Guardian struggles to gain aggro from dts right?

if your class is more efficient in pve than thats a bad thing?

what will happen? a guardian will top the damage taken meter?

I am not asking for nerfs to the guardian class it needs a buff. How this affects pve is irrelevant because it only benefits guards in pve

Nope. You didn’t play with Moriala or any competent guard in top tier content. In pve DT has only one advantage over guard and this is only stupid high dps in over-geared scenarios. But then DT dps is not making any difference as tanks you should judge on dps levels non-soldiers classes have to pull off to take aggro from tank. And if there are scenarios when DT can lock it higher this content is already obsolete (like Arbanus eq.) and to be honest guard probably will have easier time to lock aggro at start at those fights anyway. Raid finder, word bosses and monastery even if those used content aren’t places you should base your opinion about balance on.

Fair points but again i am looking to change guard so it is viable in pvp, how this makes guard better in pve shouldn’t be a concern really. that’s my point.

with your “improvements” for pvp purpose, you would make other classes irrelevant.
that is not a good idea.

Why shouldn’t it be a point? The hole class balance thing is about balancing advantages and disadvantages in both scenerios, pve and pvp. Balance, not equality.

In Premades guardian(flag) is the best tank thou, Just needs good people around it. Tos might suck in pugs too but borderline broken class in premade LT. I hate the idea of balancing game around low tier players in random pug minis

@jeetz It seems you have only read my post and stopped with explanation about damage dealt by penetrating shot, so I decided I’ll do reviev of your ranger ideas as pve player. I’ve copied your ideas and made my comment undear each one of it.

Ranger class

• Change the cooldown to the ranger AA ability “Running shot” that happens when the ability is cancelled to match the cooldown that activates when it is used. There is a similar mechanism on the bear shaman AA ability “Ursine Bond”. When slotted, it grants a multi cc immunity that activates when Ursine crush is used. But unlike the ranger AA, Ursine bond only activates after a successful cast of ursine crush. It fails if cancelled.
    =====>>
    I don’t agree with that, running shot is used for preventing upcomming cc against ranger who uses this ability, the only way it should be changed is to allow immunity to last only as long as ranger casts penetrating shot.

• Add a .5 - 1 second casting time to all ranger traps that cancels out if the ranger moves.
    =====>>
    It’s good idea, it’s very weird that traps appear without of nowhere, but let’s talk about pve aspect. When you are attacking boss, you are casting traps during white hits or combos because there is a short time animation for casting trap ( I think it last 0.5 second) and good ranger cancels that, because instead of spending that time to raise hand to summon trap he can use white hit. Summing this up, let’s imagine you are using 20 traps during fight, and your every hit does 1k damage. Your idea would steal 20k damage from ranger in pve who is already very weak, so it’s all wrong.

• Increase the cooldown for all traps to 1.5 mins
    =====>>
    Well that could be good idea, but not now with nowadays Master Traper mechanics. Ranger get 45 % weapon damage buff for 13 seconds, when traps have cooldown of 45. It can be reduced to 36 and allow ranger to have this buff always applied. This idea kill ranger again, because there would be shortages in using master trapper feat, so whole 45% weapon damage buff would be reduced to 22.5%, so another hit in ranger dps, who is already very weak.

• Remove players from the ranger tracking ability. It’s like having hacks.
    =====>>
    Tracking is ok for me, it works only on 500 ft and fit’s a ranger theme who is a hunter who stalks his prey.

• Remove the ability to combine upper and lower attacks on ranger shots to achieve double effects on ranger combos. When a ranger fires an upper shot then a lower shot then a combo, both upper and lower effects are dealt out.
    ====>>
    As I mentioned it would only affect pve. In Pvp you are not using both white hits, because there is no time for that, you are choosing one which suits best in current situtation. For pve it would be kill, because ranger main damage dealt comes from Deadly Draw which lasts for 6 second without buff. We can improve that to 12 second with upper attack and improve damage with that with lower attack. if we were to chose only upper ranger whole dps in pve would extremely go down ( 50 % of our damage comes from this ability), and if we want to maintain that damage, we couldn’t use penetrating shot with that. Penetrating has CD of 8/15 second (with/without upper hit) and for lower attack we get damage buff on this ability, so same as I mentioned, if we want to maintain our combo, damage dramatically go down, and when we want to deal as much damage as we can with penetrating then we can use that only once per two lower buffed deadly draws. Summing up, dude that idea sucks hard, really. Devs don’t go that way, it’s dark and full of terrors.

• Require an upper or lower attack to be activated before a “combo” shot can be fired. No more instant one button combo shots.
    =====>>
    It can be done, but I see no sense of implementing that, because without white hits buff ranger combos are very weak.

• Make “Deadly Draw” a 2 slot perk
    =====>>
    As I mentioned in previous post, it can be 2 slot perk only it gets buffed, for example with allowing ranger dots to crit. Comparing it to Red Shadows of Xotli 2 slot Deadly Draw is lame and weak, additionally it’s another nerf for ranger pve dps who can use Clout in second slot. Summing up again bad idea.

• Make “Hunting hawk” a 1 slot perk
    =====>>
    Very nice for me, could find some use for example with Point blank shot, which you suggest to make 1 slot perk.

• Make “Running shot” a 2 slot perk
    =====>>
    Remember my comparison with Red Shadows of Xotli? Same here, power of this skill doesn’t match with it being 2 slot perk.

• Make “Point blank shot” a 1 slot perk
    =====>>
    Nice idea, as I mentioned earlier

• Reduce the overall stamina cost for ranger combos. I have noticed in pve instances before that I was struggling to keep stam levels up while applying dps. Maybe i wasn’t “doing it right” but there u go.
    =====>>
    You’re right, you are doing something really bad, I’ve never had problems with stamina and ranger doesn’t need skills giving it.

So as I explained there is no way of nerfing ranger on pvp without killing it on pve, so please if you write some similar posts again think of the mechanics of class and then suggest changes.

The dps sucks though bro. I want to play my s&b guard but not be pigeonholed into flagbotting. Feel me?

@saggitar I read your whole post but i altered what i personally agreed with and ill respond to your responses below

I don’t agree with that, running shot is used for preventing upcomming cc against ranger who uses this ability, the only way it should be changed is to allow immunity to last only as long as ranger casts penetrating shot.

You’re joking right? This is exactly how this aa is exploited to have a nonstop anti cc in pvp. It never goes on actual cooldown because they just cancel it but still get the anti cc buff…moving on…

It’s good idea, it’s very weird that traps appear without of nowhere, but let’s talk about pve aspect. When you are attacking boss, you are casting traps during white hits or combos because there is a short time animation for casting trap ( I think it last 0.5 second) and good ranger cancels that, because instead of spending that time to raise hand to summon trap he can use white hit. Summing this up, let’s imagine you are using 20 traps during fight, and your every hit does 1k damage. Your idea would steal 20k damage from ranger in pve who is already very weak, so it’s all wrong.

Well i think a .5 sec cast time is reasonable in that regard

Well that could be good idea, but not now with nowadays Master Traper mechanics. Ranger get 45 % weapon damage buff for 13 seconds, when traps have cooldown of 45. It can be reduced to 36 and allow ranger to have this buff always applied. This idea kill ranger again, because there would be shortages in using master trapper feat, so whole 45% weapon damage buff would be reduced to 22.5%, so another hit in ranger dps, who is already very weak.

Traps need a longer cooldown regardless of their significance in pve. They’re spamming traps with no penalty

As I mentioned it would only affect pve. In Pvp you are not using both white hits, because there is no time for that, you are choosing one which suits best in current situtation. For pve it would be kill, because ranger main damage dealt comes from Deadly Draw which lasts for 6 second without buff. We can improve that to 12 second with upper attack and improve damage with that with lower attack. if we were to chose only upper ranger whole dps in pve would extremely go down ( 50 % of our damage comes from this ability), and if we want to maintain that damage, we couldn’t use penetrating shot with that. Penetrating has CD of 8/15 second (with/without upper hit) and for lower attack we get damage buff on this ability, so same as I mentioned, if we want to maintain our combo, damage dramatically go down, and when we want to deal as much damage as we can with penetrating then we can use that only once per two lower buffed deadly draws. Summing up, dude that idea sucks hard, really. Devs don’t go that way, it’s dark and full of terrors.

This is incorrect because I do this all the time on my ranger in PVP and so does every other ranger who is worth his or her weight. There is plenty of time because ranger packs an arsenal of ccs. Try being snared by pin down with both upper and lower effects… its brutal…

It can be done, but I see no sense of implementing that, because without white hits buff ranger combos are very weak.

I see every reason to implement it. You main a ranger so i can understand your disagreement.

As I mentioned in previous post, it can be 2 slot perk only it gets buffed, for example with allowing ranger dots to crit. Comparing it to Red Shadows of Xotli 2 slot Deadly Draw is lame and weak, additionally it’s another nerf for ranger pve dps who can use Clout in second slot. Summing up again bad idea.

Sounds reasonable, will update later

Remember my comparison with Red Shadows of Xotli? Same here, power of this skill doesn’t match with it being 2 slot perk.

Will adjust suggestion for adding a little buff but will need to examine the mechanics first.

You’re right, you are doing something really bad, I’ve never had problems with stamina and ranger doesn’t need skills giving it.

Fair enough, it was only an issue for me in pve though. never pvp. Just figured id throw the pve’ers a bone.

So as I explained there is no way of nerfing ranger on pvp without killing it on pve, so please if you write some similar posts again think of the mechanics of class and then suggest changes.

Ranger is a support class in pve so any changes that are proposed and actually adopted will take this all into account. Fear not.

This is all suggestions only anyway. Whether or not funcom actually adopts any of these changes is pure speculation.

That’s your opinion and i respectfully disagree.

@kantakwa I feel as if s&b guard was buffed a little which it needs it will only benefit pve.

I agree they need, but not without removing master trapper and giving ranger’s in pve something instead of it. - 22.5 % weapon damage is hard hit tho.

You are probably right about powerful snare effect, but still your idea about cutting both buffs isn’t good way to go, as I explained it would ruin whole pve rotation. If the snare effect is something which bothers you maybe it’s power should be reduced

Maybe I didn’t explain that correctly. I meant if you’re using running shot it should last all penetrating shot cast, but if you are canceling that cooldown of this ability should last 15 seconds ( same as unbuffed cd of penetrating)

I find you still forgeting about pve affect. Traps are problem, but there must be as they are unless we get rid of Master Trapper. Only with new mechanics of adding damage ( at least that 45%) traps can have cast time.

I really apreciate you agreed with me, I find this idea really nice for both pve and pvp. For pve it would be pure damage what rangers need and for pvp it would remove option of using running shot with deadly draw and exploit mechanic of cc immunity. Let’s hope our discussion will inspire FC to do something great with rangers :wink: