Ability to freeze clanless players in place

I think @Zeb point was a sound one, It’s not placing blame, she is offering a workaround.

But you have a good point also, too many games have this mechanic, and I have been on the receiving end of this whisper to death exploit, in other games.

However I’ve played in games where an invitation doesn’t freeze the player.

So I don’t think it too much to ask that the clan invite be changed so it doesn’t take away player movement control.

6 Likes

It’s cool that you came here to vent. I agreed with you it should be fixed.

We come here to try and help people.
So workarounds and tips are our bread and butter.

sometimes we get a bit angry too, it happens.

But let’s look at it rationally this is a survival game, one step forward two steps back, be it from the environment or other players. Venting about an exploit is absolutely within your prerogative.

If you do quit, we wish you well. if sometime later you want to come back, you’ll be welcomed.
Not every server is full of jerks. I’m sorry for your misfortune.

good luck whatever you do.

7 Likes

Just because you didn’t ask for help doesn’t mean that others who could potentially fall into the same trap can’t benefit from others giving it until such time as the devs do something. That’s why we bother to do this:

4 Likes

Honestly, been reading some other posts. It sounds like the Meta on a bunch of servers is pretty bad, land claiming wise. Not to mention the fact that Avatars aren’t even enabled half the time.

Honestly I was kinda hype about the talks of a new map. I was one of the few who actually accept the fact that it will probably cost money and (depending on how they implement the map) I would have been more then willing to pay for it. Now it’s a question of if I’m still this salty then or if I’ll even care about the game anymore because I found something else to play. Needless to say, I doubt I’ll play this game online again. I honestly just like building nice things. I only stayed on the PvP server because I had a friend on it, I left the clan months ago because I was doing war stuff and didn’t want to be the reason his base got attacked.

I’m more then fine having a base destroyed on me, even when it’s done well I’m offline. It just really hurts to lose ownership of the awesome base you just finished building, then realize the bedroll you proceeded to spawn at means your locked inside what was 5 minutes ago yours.

Okay so, I complained about an issue and was pretty much immediately told that I need to take action to prevent an issue caused by developer oversite.

Basically being told that because I wanted to be clanless I should just accept that this will happen and that I need to change my behavior (make a clan when I didn’t want to be in one). Being helpful is all good and fine, but carelessly rattling off a solution like a soulless robot to a question I never answered is not.

“Hey, I’m really sorry to have read this story but if_____” comes across a LOT better then
Execute this action to avoid that thing that isn’t your fault but we’re going to make you feel like it is because you could have prevented it IF only you knew it would be a problem in the first place.

It’s like I pointed out in the comment that got reported, I didn’t demand Funcom take action, ban the clan/players or even plea for some way to get my base back because I am calling it quits but, does no one understand how Zebs first comment was literally salt in the wounds? Because if so you all need to learn about empathy…

Salt in the wound perhaps, but if you go back and re-read it when you’re not feeling so raw, I think you’ll see it was merely a matter-of-fact statement, not an accusatory one. Truth be told, it’s advice I routinely give as a PSA to new players even in PvE because it can and does happen there too.

Now I realize that it sucks to lose everything, and that 20 hours may seems like a lot to lose, but there’s another bit of advice that I give to new players too: What may take ages to build in the early game soon becomes trivial to accomplish as you rise in level.

Remember, that while your base may have been taken, the game knowledge you gained, and the experience your character accrued are permanent. It wouldn’t surprise me if you could get back to where you were and beyond in only a fraction of the time. Even were you to restart on a different server, or in a different game mode, knowledge of the basics will speed you thru early game quite quickly.

So leave if you like, the game’s far from perfect, but realize that even with its shortcomings, this is a title capable of hooking folks for many thousands of hours. I think if you were to stick with it as some of the rest of us have, you’d soon have far more hours of good experiences than bad.

Good luck to you either way.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s been my experience that “sporting” and “PvP” are mutually exclusive concepts. You would be amazed at how bad some of the whining is that I’ve seen on various gaming forums concerning the very idea that someone could have the slightest chance of escaping from a fight. That is, if you can even call them fights. Most of the time it’s people who ambushed weaker opponents with borderline exploit builds, if not outright exploit, and they got mad that their target somehow managed to get away. And that’s not even the tip of the iceberg.

3 Likes

Honestly, I always ran full encumbrance build and have crushed a few people now… I get that sporting isn’t the name of the game but I’d rather 3 people dashing after me with claws and me narrowly avoiding them over someone slapping the controls out of my hands even half a minute.

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 4 hours.

It cool Zerog, such is life. It’s just even more frustrating that I took the time to write a bunch of the details of what happened down and it was clear from Zebs first message that my actual problem was being ignored over a simple “fix” that players shouldn’t HAVE to do.

I clearly stated in the original post

Yet I still had people thinking I was just some new player and that I didn’t know enough about the game to have known ALL clans are created with 1 person and grow…

I’ve been more then fine claiming my salt and my anger, never making demands of Funcom like a lot of people would because I know the hopelessness of thinking I could get my stuff back. I’ve been upfront about the fact that I am moving on from the game because this set back is enough to have broken my will to rebuild. Yet people still want to fight me and falsely report my posts on this official community, then that’s just another reason for me to see this community that would rather tell their players what to do instead of get exploits fixed as one I never want to deal with again. And with that whole “games as a service” thing looming over the head of this game that’s kinda the exact opposite of what I’d think they’d want…

Anyways, I’m done. I’m gone, it’s a new day and I’ve already picked my next time sink game so I’m off.

Yeah, that rings a little hollow, when we’re talking about you posting things like this:

You claim to have moved on. Fine, feel free to stand by your words and do so, instead of sticking around here, insulting people because you didn’t like the way they worded the easiest workaround to your problem.

5 Likes

Once again, my problem was so much more then just the exploit. It was what the exploit had cost me to lose (my base and land) and I was suggesting they fix the exploit for future players NOT asking for suggestions for my own work around.

I also stated at one point that I was more then fine venting my anger from the situation here because I don’t care if I get banned :confused: but that got censored sooo…

:snowflake: :cry: :snowflake: :cry:

Many want to get Chosen of Asura… So they only have nice words for everything and are liking each other where even I think thats just absurd…

But no one here meant to attack you… Yes, this is a bug. Yes, it should have been fixed. But people here presented you a workaround.

PS.: Dont let you stress out of many or not even most answers here. Read my first 2 sentences again, calm down and play the game or play it not. Dont try to fight people at the forums. Its not worth the effort anyway.

2 Likes

The official servers being a salty dumbsterfire wasn’t new to me. That the Forum is too, now thats news to me.

I think highlighting the Issues is important. I wish you guys hadnt deviated from the actual point with your online-chat-sparring.

The freezing should be fixed. Thats all.

Have a great day everyone and try to relax. I works wonders…

3 Likes

:astonished: What is this? I can’t even! ADSJ345*&3! :flushed:

2 Likes

Thanks I now use the invite stun with my clan mates.No more runners.So far we’ve claimed 3 bases from solo players.Thanks Rem1333 for your outstanding playtesting.

get a load of this guy cam

2 Likes

And yet posting how to perform exploits (yes using a normal feature in an exploitative and unintended way is still an exploit) is explicity against the forum’s rules. Meaning reporting your posts was the correct course of action.

For Emphasis: “We don’t want exploits spread around the forums and social media and would appreciate them not being posted on the forums.”

As if to demonstrate this, @legion1976 shows exactly why this is the case:

The net outcome is that now additional people have suffered the same exact damage that got you so upset to begin with because awareness of this exploit has now been increased.

@Ignasi @Hugo Could you please take some action here? Inter-player quarrels aside, this shouldn’t be here – something I wish had dawned on all of us much sooner. :frowning:

2 Likes