About those misbehaving thralls

Greetings, Exiles!

As you know, thralls don’t act as they should, especially recently. We messed up some things that made them behave like they don’t remember their time in the wheel of pain!

We have mainly noted reports of thralls getting stuck, not following, not performing combos, and floating around like balloons instead of walking. We hear you and are working on solving and improving their behavior.

One issue is teleporting/pathfinding which we hope to be able to address in a hotfix before update 2.4. Another is a bug we have actually had for a while but that has become significantly worse in Siptah as several NPCs spawn with the wrong type of weapon (1-handed instead of 2-handed and vice versa). This issue will be addressed in 2.4 so that followers can use both types of weapons with combo chains.

In the meantime, there is a workaround on the combo issue exclusively for fighter thralls: swapping their 2-handed weapon for a 1-handed one (or vice versa) will make them able to perform combos again. However, this is limited to fighters and won’t solve it for other thrall-types such as archers, orb-throwers, and bearers.

Besides the thralls issue, we had a great experience with 2.3 and we only had a few items to address on the latest hotfix. And that’s all thanks to you who helped us by joining Testlive and reporting everything back to us. We really appreciate it!

Update 2.4 will be released for Testlive in the very near future and it will follow the same procedure that we had for 2.3: testing, receiving your feedback, patching, and testing again!

At the moment we are aiming for the 2.4 live release next month with several improvements to the Exiled Lands, and for Isle of Siptah the highly awaited New Lands. Stay tuned on our main channels to read first-hand what’s to come with the update.

The Conan Exiles Team

29 Likes

lovely! thank youu!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the update on this issue! Have a lovely weekend:)

2 Likes

This is great news! Thank you!

The work around doesn’t completely work with Dalinsia Snowhunter. She does fine with a 1 handed sword as far as I can tell. However, I gave her a legendary 1 handed axe, the Festering One, and got mixed results. My testing was on a very limited sampling of enemies with the axe. She attacked elk and King Elk just fine. However, she just stalks and mainly looks at boar and Bearers with an occasional single attack here and there.

I have not tested her with any other axe. So I don’t know if this issue is present with all 1 handed axes or just The Festering One.

2 Likes

@Mayra I am a bit confused on the weapon combo issue. For me, the fighter thralls will generally just combo with the weapon type they come out of the wheel with. Swapping to other types generally results in single hits only. Mostly though, my fighters are Accursed. My cage rescued named bearer will not combo anything at all.

2 Likes

THANK YOU Mayra & Support!
I’ve been pulling my hair out testing countless combinations of variables to come up with a work around for the thrall combo issue. While I have not yet tried your work around, just the advisement that you guys are aware of the problem and working on a hotfix makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

To hear that you guys are aiming for 2.4’s release next month is also cause for GREAT excitement as I was thinking it would be at least 2-4 months away. =P

Keep up the good work guys. Great games are written, one fix at a time. =P

2 Likes

@Mayra I am a bit confused on the weapon combo issue. For me, the fighter thralls will generally just combo with the weapon type they come out of the wheel with. Swapping to other types generally results in single hits only. Mostly though, my fighters are Accursed. My cage rescued named bearer will not combo anything at all.

can confirm this behavior, op workaround does not work

1 Like

This apparantly doesn’t work for everyone, none of my fighter thralls will do combos with 1 or 2 weapons, and it doesn’t matter what type of weapon they are using, sword, mace, hammer, axe, spear etc, legendary or crafted, also it doesn’t matter if they are put on guard or following, they make 1 swing then take a break while they get hit several times before they swing their weapon again… I really fear for the purge I am getting tonight in my base just outside the tower close to the acursed city :cold_face:

1 Like

We might have to add the greater yakith’s on the list aswell.

They repeat always the same 2 attacks, the “jump on” which always hits and the half side attack which always misses.

Our thralls are not leveling at all… not getting any exp…even from level 0.

After extensive testing, I have found that it’s not quite as simple as just switching any thrall from 2h to 1h weapon type or vise versa. However, I have compiled a short list of ‘high-end’ preferred thralls and the weapons they WILL combo with. I personally prefer my thralls to use 1h mace, 1h axe or 2h sword, so no other weapons were tested.

Dalinsea comes out of the wheel with 1h sword and will combo correctly with both 1h mace and 1h axe (but not 2h sword).

Cimmerian Berserker comes out of the wheel with 2h sword and will combo correctly with 2h sword (but not with 1h mace or 1h axe).

Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker is a tricky one, there are 5 different versions of the RH fighter: 1h sword version, sword/shield version, dagger version, orb thrower version and lastly spear version. Out of all these, the only one that will combo with any of my 3 preferred weapons is the spear version and he will only combo correctly with 2h sword (but not with 1h mace or 1h axe).

Lian & Janos comes out of the wheel with 1h axe and will combo correctly with both 1h mace and 1h axe (but not with 2h sword).

Beastmaster Teimos comes out of the wheel with a spear and will combo correctly with 2h sword (but not with 1h mace or 1h axe).

Hopefully this helps some of you tame the appropriate thrall for your desired weapon. Obviously this wont help anyone on Isle of Siptah’s map. Thanks again Mayra and Support! I am very much looking forward to the 2.4 update and the end of the thrall debacle. =P

4 Likes

Dalinsia will not combo for me with the legendary 1 handed axe, The Festering One. I have not tried her with any other 1 handed axe though. In fact I haven’t been able to get a berserker, spear wielding RHTS, Orb RHTS, or Cimmerian Dancer from the Lost Tribe to combo with it.

The Orb RHTS doesn’t combo with any weapons I’ve tested so far (1 handed sword, war hammer, 1 handed axe or daggers).

If she cannot combo with a 1h weapon, no Matter axe,mace or sword, then she will not combo with any 1h weapon. But she will most likely combo with any 2h weapon.

1 Like

Your comment inspired me to test a wider sampling of each weapon. As far as the axes are concerned, I have now tested with the following:

Ancient Lemurian Axe
Dragonbone War Axe
Star metal War Axe
Axe of the Gate Gaurdian
Axe of the Lion
Venom-Infused War Axe
The Festering One

Unfortunately for us, the best of these axes (imho), The Festering One, is the only axe Dalinsia will NOT combo with. I have not tried every DLC axe nor will I test any further. These tests were made on Official Server #1732. If you are playing Single Player with mods or on a modded server, your results may differ.

@Mayra & support please take note that there may be an all together different problem with The Festering One as I tested it with the other thralls as well. Meaning, even the thralls that can combo with all of the above axes are still not able to combo with The Festering One.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.