Abuse of the Gm Automated mute response mechanism

It’s become glaringly apparent that people are using this mechanic to silence other players unjustly. They simply get a handful of friends and click the report function. Even if a player has said or done nothing.

On what planet did this seem like a good idea?
From all accounts, it takes only 4 people to do this.

5 people… Not even a full group…

5 reports to silence a player! and this can be repeated over and over once the mute is off or cancelled.

I can see the benefits to such a system, but it is easily exploited.

Some solutions

Get rid of it, or disable it til it can be reworked.

Increase the minimum report number to trigger the mute. 10+ reports perhaps. 15 even better.

Pay an actual gm with some of that sub money

Add a 24 hour cooldown so this feature can’t be exploited over and over once it’s been activated in a player

Ban people who abuse it with lengthy sentences so they’ll think twice.

It’s evident that a handful of people are repeat offenders and it should be relatively easy to see who they are.

I presume that once a player is reported and muted, a gm has to log on to review the incident and determine if a ban is warranted. If no ban is warranted, the mute is removed. Or perhaps it removes itself after a certain time (in which case wtf holy exploit)

Please address this issue @Funcom @AndyB

P.s.
To those who exploit this system, your day is coming. The report system is not there for your trolling amusement. It’s there to report people who break funcoms terms of service. Not to troll players you don’t like. Abusing this mechanic is likely considered a breach of funcom’s TOS, and you’re risking your own account in doing it.

So don’t do it.

Ask yourselves this. Will it be worth it when you’re banned for 7 days or permanently? Will you miss those precious pixels of yours while the player you used it on continues playing and you’re forced to make a new account because you got banned permanently again?

Be wary of exploiting such mechanics, for funcom has a history of bringing the hammer down on these things. When you make a report, your account is logged. Just FYI. It will be easy for Funcom to see patterns of abuse.

Also, to those who are unaware, CAPS LOCK use in global is not a violation of the TOS, nor is advertising in global. Just FYI.

That being said, have a lovely day!
Be seeing you, or maybe we won’t. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

Most likely the ones reporting are using a alt account so they can continue.

How do you know that 15 people didn’t report you in the first place…

See above statement and have a good one. :beers:

The report system is not there for your trolling amusement. It’s there to report people who break funcoms terms of service. Not to troll players you don’t like. Abusing this mechanic is likely considered a breach of Funcom’s TOS, and you’re risking your own account in doing it.

In that case set a minimum requirement of lvl 80.

1 Like

Spread-Thoughts Episode: 4 - #AgeofConan & The State of The Game Feb. 2022 - YouTube hmm

1 Like

You know what they say, when you can’t PVP, “Gm PvP” :kissing_heart: good luck with that.

P.s. report all you like, just don’t abuse it or you’ll be the one who gets the shaft :rocket:

Tell Spread to type in Caps so Jutai gets triggered… Tell Spread i enjoyed the Stream

1 Like

Hello Grandson.
I am Outcast the 1st your Grandpa.
Don’t worry, you’ll be Prince once i die and Outcast the 2nd succeeds me.
He is your Father Luke.