Add funcionality to see where material for a recipe is

Hi devs,

i thought about easening the life of a player like me.

When I want to craft something like on a workbench, there is the types of ingedients needed displayed.
Like if you need 5 wood for example to craft an object A.

I would find it very practical that a small tooltip box appears when hovering over the wood sign in this case, which tells me where I have got how much wood stored…

For instance the tooltip box says this:

50x wood - in Treasure Box A
5x wood - at blacksmith bench
1x wood - firebowl cauldron

then I’d know where to go to get these ingredients. Most of the times i find myself just walking outside again and chopping new wood, only to find out later on that I had 50 in my treasure box A.

Would make lifes easier.

To make this RP-technically meaningful you could say that you need to craft an inventory list first, which needs to be in your inventory so that the tooltip appears. … you know, to be RP logical :wink:

Best,

I know the pain of having loads of stuff stored around several bases.

One thing I’ve found useful is having separate storage boxes for different materials. So a box of wood is next to a carpenter’s bench, and I don’t store wood elsewhere. A box of metal bars is next to a blacksmith’s bench, and I don’t store metal bars elsewhere. If my armorer or carpenter needs metal bars, I go pick those bars from the box near the blacksmith’s bench because I know that’s where things are. Herbs go to a box next to the alchemist’s cauldron, etc.

No lists needed, just logic and consistency.

8 Likes

I never understood why a thrall couldn’t actually craft so long as you have a box within a certain radius of a bench, most workers irl or anywhere go and get the materials for the projects they need themselves. Then all that you’d need is a warehouse within the radius or a storeroom somewhere in that thrall’s building that they could just gather the ingredients from.

3 Likes

This is what I do also.

1 Like

Personally I like to ‘label’ them by placing a sign above them. For example wood, world boss legendaries, potions, spare crafting stations, etc. Like this…

3 Likes

I like this idea for non crafting ingredients :slight_smile: I’m going to use it. But I’d still like to see thralls able to grab materials from storage bins from a certain distance from their bench. Say like a horizontal access of 5 building tiles or so, and a height of 10 since we store things above or beneath them sometimes, though I don’t know how hard that would be to code. It would make sense since we did already go out of our way to grab said crafting ingredients

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.