Add functionality to the Dragon roar

I think it’d be cool if the dragon roar served a function instead of it just being a brief period that you can attack them freely. I was thinking it could give the dragon a temporary strength/damage buff after roaring, or maybe give the player & follower(s) a single debuff of Sunder. I like the idea of a damage buff better.

4 Likes

Agree! I am always up for more challenge and attack variety in this already amazing game. Even more so when it comes to powerful enemies such as Dragons, especially the Red Mother.

2 Likes

I like these ideas, but I would like to see them after they solve the problem with the thrall being stuck in the ground. When I go to solo the boss, I do it for fun and extra challenge. But when I’m doing interminable UC rounds to level a thrall or to grind out some slot-machine legendary item reward, I want my thrall to be useful – that’s why I’m bringing it.

Sorry for the rant. It’s not meant to criticize your idea or derail the thread, it’s just that additional challenge would be welcome if it wasn’t a major PITA because of the existing bug. :confused:

3 Likes

Just a few hours ago, I was soloing the Red Mother and one of her attacks glitched me out and put me under the ground. Insta-kill. I got my revenge though. I enabled admin mode and insta-killed her. I thought it was fair, as I had her down below half health before that glitch. If I had remembered to bring the reaper poison, she woulda already been dead.

2 Likes

Was your corpse recoverable? 'Cause now I’m worried it might happen to me on a server. And although it’s a private server and the admin is really cool, I prefer not to have to depend on him to help me recover stuff.

Yes, 100% recoverable. It’s the only time that’s ever happened to me. But my corpse was above ground when I went back to the UC. The death report said “You were killed by yourself.” And the death scene was the top half of the screen was the orange color of the UC ground, bottom half was mostly black, and the entire screen had the red tinge of low health around it. It was weird.

2 Likes

roar effect would be cool, …thrall stuck workaround on ps4 is ordering them to move from a lil distance (not up the stairs tho) 8]

My understanding is that bug fixes and additional content are handled by seperate teams. Therefore, one should not take away from the other. Although I can understand your frustration and desire to see this and other bugs corrected. While I do not have that one specifically, I do have a rather problematic one which few others seem to.

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t mean to imply that working on the roar would somehow take efforts away from bugfixes. My point was that adding this specific new content would make a frustrating experience even more frustrating. I’d love to see the roar add some challenge, but not while that challenge exacerbates the problems stemming from a bug :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the idea of utilizing animations to add debuffs. I think instead of more damage attack in gneral for all NPC’s, they should look into unique ways to debuff/buff NPC’s using animations that exist for them. The roar sunder would be great. The Rhino charge should do less damage, but stack 10 cripple and create a drunk effect (without the drunk status) where the game is blurry lol.

1 Like

Ah I see. No problems, and thankyou for clarifying. Although it has now been a while since I did battle with the Red Mother due to ‘fatigue’ (as result of 7 months trying to gind a Last Breath), this was fairly easily remedied in my previous experiences. I simply moved a set distance away from where the thrall was embedded in the ground, then they would generally port to my location. Have they not been doing this in your game CodeMage?

1 Like

I like the sound of this idea. I am always up for more challenging NPCs. Two big ones I have long argued for are I) I would really like to see enemy attack animations sped up. Many of them are just absurdly slow and easy to dodge, primates are a prime example. II) I wish that human enemies, especially T4s, would occasionally perform dodge rolls. It would help to make the combat a little more sporadic and unpredictable.

1 Like

maybe before BUFF dragons, need to fix them before to not fall tru ground and bug thralls in textures?

Not consistently. And when they finally do it, they’ll get only a couple of hits in before the Red Mother makes them imitate a mushroom again.

Again, it’s not a big deal. I can still win the fight fairly easily, thanks to my venom-infused daggers. It’s just frustrating.

1 Like

It’s not so bad if you’re on a server because the thralls in your group can take turns being stuck in the ground. But when you’re alone it’s pretty annoying.

1 Like

What if I’m on a server but I play alone? :smiley:

1 Like

Then it’s not much different than fighting her alone without a thrall. Lol. I usually do it from horseback when I don’t feel like using all my healing items in one go.

Yeah that would be cool if the spawn leash wasn’t broken to all high hell, thralls become planted ending up with players having to finish the dragon off themselves, especially for solo players. Bugs have to come first and we have been waiting over a year for these to be fixed, new features = more bugs.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.