Adding a Mason or Builder Minion to the game

I used the builders workbench for awhile and I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it reduced cost and moved the silly notion of pulling foundations out of my ass, but on the other, it meant any new base anywhere needed a bench placed first. I also found it a little annoying that I would have mats in my inventory but had to keep trucking back to my bench. In the end, I wound up removing it as it made building large structures somewhat trivial. I think the problem would be that you’d have to scale the best mason/builder to the default setting making it slower for a new player till they thralled one. On officials, this could be a big problem.

That’s the learning curve and character progression at work. It’s fine if the game offers you something to learn, otherwise it would be boring. It’s also fine if there are different tiers of tools tied to your character’s progression.

Personally, I’m strongly against the cost reduction. I would rather have a bench that either takes no thrall whatsoever, or the thrall tier determines crafting speed.

I also don’t think the bench should replace hand-crafting. It would simply be a QoL improvement to be able to queue up the crafting and go do something else in the mean time.

Another possible QoL improvement would be to have different benches for different DLCs, like we have with the artisan bench. Sure, you would need more benches (except you don’t really need them, since you can still craft by hand), but it would also help declutter the recipes. Especially for console users, who can’t just click on a search box and type “ands” for sandstone or “ass” for Stormglass :wink:

Oh man I’d love a mining thrall! When I’m out mining with a thrall and they’re just standing there, I keep reminding myself that I’m about to make them carry it all :laughing:

Yeah, that’s right I’m just choosing what we carry and you have to carry it!

This is an amazing town. Really nice work.

I can’t figure out for the life of me where on the map you were able to build this though? There’s so much space. Where was it located?

Edit: Oh nevermind - just seen your previous comment that it was outside the map area.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.