Admins do the griefers dirty work now?

I have played on PVP servers for years now. Tired of the vault and shrine spamming, I finally joined a PVE server a couple months back in preparation for Isle of Siptah release on PS4. A couple weeks ago, I found that another clan had blocked the sinkhole obelisk with a huge wall, forcing people to jump down and go out through the tunnels next to the undead dragon. Keep in mind that I was unaware of the report system as I had never needed it on a PVP server, where people can typically solve problems like this on their own. I messaged the person about it, and was essentially told that he had a right to block obelisks because others did it to him and that is how the game is played. He also threatened to do this to my base because I obviously suck at this game. Kind of ticked off at his rude behavior, I decided to give him a taste of his own treatment and built a wall around one of his bases until he took his grief wall down. I did leave a way for him to climb in, though he never found it. He threatened to report me, I told him to go ahead because I wasn’t doing anything to him that he didn’t already to do the entire server. He ended up building another wall around the one I had built, preventing me from taking mine down. He then deleted his grief walls to appear innocent, and filed a report with Funcom. He started harassing me using multiple PS4 accounts, and stood outside my base calling me obscenities, saying I suck at the game, and gloating about how he was able to use the system to get me banned and how he will now get all my loot when it decays. I finally looked it up and filed a report of my own, including some screenshots showing him admitting to blocking game features for the sole purpose of griefing others. Nevertheless, I have been banned, and will lose all of my progress soon. While that sucks, the worst part is that this griefer is going to be rewarded for this behavior by acquiring that loot, and that Funcom is unwittingly acting on his behalf to make sure this happens. I was trying to help the server, and shouldn’t have to go through all this effort just to peacefully play a game, which seems to favors the people who exploit it. Un-effin-believable, you just lost a clan full of customers…

1 Like

Not the place for this. File a ticket if it was on a official server. If not private server admins can ban at will. If it was on a official server whinning here will just hurt your cause. Read the rules. Official Servers - Terms of conduct, guidelines and procedures

3 Likes

So you took the law into your own hands and walled him in, vs filing a report and you need our sympathy.

O K

3 Likes

Thats exactly right report a violation of rule while making violations of his own. As I posted he hurt his own cause while at the same time justified the person he reported. Funcom is now able to ban his entire account if they wish.

1 Like