After 1 year and a half I have found the solution to everything CE

So I have been curating and taking care of EU PvE 1008 since day 1, building public map rooms for the obilisks there, and keeping the peace.

I have seen clans, exploits, buildings, geopolitical borders and drama come and go, like snow and leafs across the seasons.

My buildings were seen as landmarks, more ancient than all the structures on the server. I made friends with all the clans but 1.

I made a mistake of not recognizing or noticing early enough a particular player afflicted with down syndrom, and unwittingly began a war with him. (Yes, the one called Raghnaid who plastered the entire map with roads…a war that lasted 6 months, and ended with me and several friends blowing up his bases with the Trebuchet exploit in PvE. It’s like America dropping the Hiroshima bomb, that ended World War II)

And after that, 3 months of pure bliss… Until Raghnaid decided to come back with a vengeance, because leveling a new character on a different server was more hassle then weathering the more forgiving me, 3 months later.

Ever since then it was griefing by him day in day out. And fair enough. I deserved it I guess.

So I watched the TV series “The Man in the High Castle”, and after almost a whole year of suffering the retribution of Raghnaid, it got me thinking.

What if I could just “blink” myself into a parallel universe where annoying players ceased to exist (i.e. all of them), where Funcom had implemented the vanity slot system, where weapons were never nerfed. Where wipes were never looming due to popular demand, where resources weren’t constantly built over by new people who didn’t know better, where people who don’t speak english start walling off entire sections of the map, where Vit 3 actually healed faster. Where functional warpaint would be permanent until death, and flawless aquilonian swords are a thing. Where Greatswords still knocked back, and spears were fun.

A world where pillaring didn’t cause drama, or the fear of Obilisk being blocked…

A world where I could have personal obilisks set up, and teleport there at will. A world where I don’t feel guilty for teleporting things I have already earned, straight into my inventory. A world where I can stand still and take in, without scoffing at the sea of pillars.

A world where I don’t make friends, only to lose them in the end.

I have learned that being at peace with one’s achievements and letting go, is a burden lightened by an acquiescence of suffering and understanding.

I played a session of modded single player, and I felt bliss. A kind of bliss that has convinced me never to play a survival multiplayer ever again, and has even got me thinking about selling my LTI starships for Star Citizen. Wherever there are people, there is suffering.

Now that I have let go of official servers, I can totally understand why people say that official servers ought to be discontinued and that they are the source of most grievances on this forum.

I finally resonate with the people here on this forum (like shadoza or Cattbria) who are proponents of the single player experience.

And I’ve held off playing single-player because I’ve always needed the presence of others to legitimize all that I have done. It doesn’t feel real, if you can cheat.

But after 1 and a half years of suffering other players, waiting for Funcom to implement vanity slots and PIN chests, alliance systems and more and earning all that I have earned, the admin panel feels more like a dimensional teleporter (teleporting my things to SP from the official servers) than a cheat panel.

People say “Well, just because you lack the discipline to not cheat, doesn’t mean the admin panel needs to be locked.” and “just face-mash your keyboard for the admin password, problem solved”, but now I feel like… i’ve earned the admin panel.

Now I can just purely enjoy CE for the first time, the way I want to enjoy it.

This is my personal epiphany, unique to the path I had walked. Just thought i’d share this with everyone, because it’s quite a big deal for me to let go of something I’ve cared for, for so long

It’s been a good ride, EU PvE 1008, but it’s time for greener pastures.

Mods FTW.

13 Likes

Hey, i’ve always defended official servers with a passion, which is why I needed to write this as part of my system shock processing. lol.

And me being lonely? heh… If you read my post, you’d know that “loneliness” is a wound cauterized from my soul. I been traumatized so hard, the constants of loneliness feels better than repeated social entropy.

That the thing tho…

I tried ignoring a player with down syndrom for a whole year.

I have the patience of a saint. I finally got to realize the limits of my endurance. I have outlasted a lot of trolls through ignoring… but a person with down syndrom, you don’t want to piss off one of those. Trust me… They are simply incapable of forgiveness.

I let him win. Yeah.
Couldn’t take it anymore. If he wants to plaster the whole server with roads again, he can be my guest. Not my problem anymore.

20180627221537_1

20180628002120_1

20180627221810_1

US or EU?

Aight, I might look you up if I ever miss officials. Think on the next major CE update I might take u up on that very kind and inviting offer. Thx :slight_smile:

You can disable this via mods also, if you ever felt the need.

1 Like

I kinda understand. I tend to prefer single player games. But imo this game gets super boring after 2 days without the pvp aspect.

Oh I’m right there with ya Hal. I hadn’t even seen this post when I suggested what was next for me might be modded Singleplayer, but great minds think alike and all that…

1 Like

It’s been a good run Mikey. Your base at Shepemuru Obilisk was the last eye candy left to enjoy on our pillar-forsaken server. I did offer to give you all my stuff on Steam chat, but figured, 1008 is a lost cause lol. It has gone from Utopia to Gulag. I’d only send me worst enemies there. Oh wait… I did. So yeah, get outta there xD

I feel like 90% of the servers out there is to keep the psychopaths occupied, so all the decent folk get to enjoy each other on the few servers fortunate enough not to be infested by psychopaths. Just a shame the leveling process is so tedious. But… maybe that’s a good thing too, keeps the psychopath content with their lonely lives in their desolate tomb-worlds or “free private servers”

Mods really helped make the game, especially when they add things that Funcom really should have by now, or fix things Funcom took away/broke previously(stability, anyone??).

If you get bored playing singleplayer, you should come play on the server I tend to play on. Granted, I haven’t been there for a long while, been too busy with other things, but the server owner is working on a HUGE quest-line project that should be finished up here pretty soon. He’s wanting people to have more to do at “end-game”, such as a town market where you can set up your own thespians to create a player economy, long quest-lines that you can do alongside the main “story”, an arena for those who want pvp, etc…I think he should have it complete by the end of this month, then the server will wipe so they can implement all the new additions.

Just some food for thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I read that whole post and all I walked away with was that you’re one of those guys who bought Star Citizen ships.

1 Like

HAHA!!! Good start to my morning.

If you wish to preserve your Single Player experience, yet want to have another identity and existence, I suggest taking a spare PC and turning it into a local server on your home network. Using the Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Tool I have successfully run several servers on my network for testing, building, TestLive and experimentation purposes. It is easy to allow other local users to access it, if you desire. Having a local-remote .db is very useful, and performance-wise you might be surprised how well your client PC works on a local server, even if it is a lowly scavenged Windows 8.1 box.

2 Likes

Now that is a prime example of vaporware. Actually, it’s REALLY expensive vaporware. I was reading about in Forbes just now. Apparently, it was supposed to be released in 2014, but it’s not done yet.

http://www.forbesindia.com/article/cross-border/star-citizen-the-most-expensive-video-game-ever-made/55371/1

Yeah… Star Citizen has joined the Half Life 3 club…
The gaming industry generally thrives on idiots like me. tries not to throw a gaze at the Atlantean Sword

More money than sense. I own over 1500 Euros in Starships, half of them concepts… If I were to sell those ships on E-bay, i’d have enough money to buy the Steam Index VR headset, and enough games to keep me satisfied for quite awhile with fresh experiences that could replace my interest in Star Citizen.

That’s what Star Citizen has become. It could have released as a singleplayer sandbox experience, but noo… it’s dead set on pulling a fallout 76.

Also, you can turn off decay in single-player. If you find the need to take a month off for vacation, everything you made will still be there.
Single-Player does not need to play the refresh game.

Funcom should introduce an “export” feature to the game. Where you can export your save game from an official server to a local file, and then play it in single player.

2 Likes

…or join a nice private server. There are many with or without mods.

Jesus… I thought this forum was above removing inconvenient truths.

Worrysome.