After change, purpose of fish besides food?

Ew. That’s just ghastly.

e o pior de tudo é que é só comigo…

Yeah, good idea, especially since it’s now resin we need for making consolidant, I see much dried wood as fuel in the future.

However as CodeMage has pointed out, we need ridiculous amounts of oil to make paddings now. I’m hoping this is an oversight, because otherwise, just, jeebus that’s an incredible amount of oil per armor set. D:

I’d been burning my furnaces on oil just because of how abundant it was before, but now I need to pull out all of it I stockpiled and use dry wood or other fuels. I feel really bad for anyone joining the game as a new player now or otherwise without any built up stocks of the stuff. D:

I really wish that’s all they had changed on that front. :cry:

1 Like

I haven’t crunched the numbers myself, but it does sound like oil production is a serious bottle neck when it comes to crafting epic armor.

Don’t forget though that armor dismantles to padding now, so if you can get your hands on npc’s that drop epic armor you can make your passing that way.

I just checked my surge cheat sheet. It looks like you can farm specific T2 and T3 surges to get epic versions of armor.

I suspect that Funcom took this approach when it came to the decisions they made around balancing fish traps.

They are assuming that players will engage in all of the following:

• Pressing collected seeds to oil
  • Pressing collected fish to oil.
  • Farming surges and deconstructing epic armor to directly get epic padding of the correct type.

Personally I don’t really mind that fish traps have gone from being passive to an active thing, I have always found it weird that such a useful resource basically was free :slight_smile:
I started on Siptah on official pve server some weeks ago, until then I just messed a bit with it on singleplayer, I got to level 60 in 3-4 days without rushing the levelling and I mainly used coal as fuel, I still do so I have a decent amount of oil saved up(almost a full chest)
I don’t really know how hard it would be if I had to start a fresh character right now, but I think with some balancing and finding new ways to resource gathering and how I spend them :slight_smile:

Some things have gotten a bit harder(grinding) while others have become a lot easier/faster, maybe the biggest problem is that we have gotten used to how easy oil and ichor was so that we never really explored different ways of getting them, and maybe we just have gotten used to having a huge closet full of epic armors, I most definitely have been guilty of this in the past :grin:

So many changes have come and are on the way to the game, and with the economy update I am not that worried, I will adapt and wait for balances where needed :slight_smile:
However there is one place that seems to have been forgotten and left a bit behind, and that is the max amount of feat. points you can get from levelling, over time the amount of feat points have increased because of new things to unlock and also an increase of point cost for old stuff, yes the cost have gone up for some things, I recently discovered this by loading an old save where I had almost 100 negative feat points left, but this is for a different discussion in a new thread I might take up at some point, and I’ll do my best not to take a Skull approach :grin:

Have fun and enjoy the game, also be aware of sneaky turtles and treacherous rabbits, they may look innocent, but I suspect that they are up to something and god help us if they team up against us :crazy_face:

1 Like

The only problem with that being that there are no surges in the exiled lands… (Is there a good way in EL to farm epic armors? I never bothered trying before, so never figured it out…)

Yeah, as someone who arranged the drive space for Testlive, switched over to that and reported multiple bugs, I’m a little frustrated to come back after almost a week offline and find that the patch has gone live without apparently fixing anything that I (and others) reported. It feels a lot like ‘we played our part’ and Funcom laughed and ignored us. (Reality is probably more that they have taken that feedback and begun work on fixes - so, in theory, maybe a live hotfix can come out sooner - but I really don’t understand why Funcom insists on moving Testlive to live before they fix at least the main issues that come up…)

2 Likes

Well, you can get heavy epic from cimmerians.

1 Like

Also, I imagine you can dismantle legendary armor of the appropriate weight. So farming bosses that drop pieces of the correct weight might work too.

1 Like

Thanks @Chaoruk and @helium3 :slight_smile: Yeah I completely forgot that things like Cimmerian armor count as epic - that’ll certainly help :slight_smile:

Fischers Fritze fischt frische Fische, frische Fische frischt Fitzers frish, eh… fish. Frítz…

This is part of issue thou… the devs find we got to comfortable or used wikia to find “how to” and they gotta shoot it with shotgun at point blank. Can’t have nice things… They have to find a way to give hardcore/long term player a middle finger well leaving newbies to have wait even longer to get a resource with ease. XD

/shrugs… it feel like its wasted dev time. They could be fixing so many things, yet have to re-adjust old things for 100th time. soon they’ll relize insects and grubs help get fish faster, and then they’ll remove that… -_-’

5 Likes

i’ve seen those cycles over the years.
which is why i suggested the dev team should take a week to free-range and fix whatever they wanted without being assigned.

usability and QoL bugs pile up if not taken care of (got to weed the garden sometime…)

1 Like

You didn’t play Conan at all. Your fear of competition has made your economy dead, as it has killed many other aspects of the game. Please don’t say you’re playing Conan.

Crom laughs at your feeble attempt of a forum insult.

Only a very weak person from a closed server from any difficulties will attribute themselves to the Chrome and forum. At the same time, tell everyone stories without seeing the game, its economy, and other features. Better count your thousands of resources, and even better draw them with the admin panel.

You are so offended in life that you see any objection only in one sense. Your experience of playing Conan is based on playing in very specific, vegetable-based environments. And this experience is not applicable in most cases for other, normal players. But at the same time, you reason, and present this experience as something meaningful for others. This is not right, you should not be shy about how you play, because you still do it. But you must understand the difference. Don’t be so touchy.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.