After patch, Rhino Mount Attack no longer doing damage

Game mode: Online Official Siptah 6446
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PVP
Region: America

Since the most recent patch, Rhino Mount Attack is bugged. This is the spacebar attack where it attacks with the front horn while you are riding it. The attack only does damage sometimes. Monsters and creatures then quickly become invulnerable to your Rhino Mount’s Attack, while they continue to do damage to you. Repositioning sometimes resets things and damage happens, but then is certain to bug again.

This has essentially stopped gameplay with the Rhino Mount. You become impotent. Gameplay in the storm is where the Rhino Mount is most useful, but no longer until this is fixed. Things are hard enough in there! Please address asap.
Thank you

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Mount the Rhino Mount
  2. Ride around and be attacked by mobs.
  3. Use your main Rhino Attack with front horn.
  4. It will fail to do damage to even very weak creatures, which will continue to do damage to you and your mount and knock you around with impunity.
1 Like

Hi, I can confirm this issue as well.

I have an existing rhino and am no longer able to deal damage using the rhino attack(spacebar). I can still successfully trample/charge over a creature which will kill it, but pressing spacebar for the attack no longer does damage. It does register the attack as far a blood with slash on my rhino though.

I’m on a PVE server.

1 Like

More info I discovered:

The Rhino Attack with front horn happens one of two ways:

1. Horn swings from left to right
  2. Horn swings from right to left
    where left and right are from your perspective sitting on the Rhino.

I have confirmed that when from Left to Right, the attack DOES DAMAGE.
When from Right to Left, the attack DOES NOT DO DAMAGE.

That’s why repositioning sometimes worked.

I think this it should be very clear now how to recreate and hopefully how the DEVs can fix. Please address!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Molaar

Thanks for the detailed feedback. It’s been sent to our team to see if we can reproduce it on our end.

5 Likes

Further to this, I’ve also noticed that Your Camera Position is what determines the direction your Rhino Mount will attack with its horn.
If you position the camera on the Left side of yourself and the Rhino, the Rhino will attack Left to Right and Do Damage. Position the camera on the Right side of yourself and the Rhino, the Rhino attacks Right to Left and does No Damage.

Will this be fixed in patch 2.3? Please?
Thanks!

Crazy that they just released it like this.

They couldn’t have not known.

Necro-rezzing this thread! Because the Bug is still there!

Left-to-right attack deals damage, Right-to-left attack deals zero damage.
2.3 just dropped, C’mon. This should have been a zero-sum easy bug to patch out.

1 Like

I can only confirm and repeat as krudark already says: the bug still exists. attacks from left to right with the horn do damage, from right to left not. please dear devs - fix this once and for all.

1 Like

Bug is still present 1st June 2021

With the camera (moving the mouse) I can confirm that when looking to the right makes hits connect but looking to the left only shows blood effects but doesn’t connect hits and does no damage

Bug is still present… kind of a bummer takes out the main point of having a rhino mount

1 Like

And the bug is still here…

Greetings,

We asked the team to revise the matter again.

Thank you for your patience and support.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.