After reinstalling my audio device drivers, Conan simply won't load

I unfortunately downloaded the DJ software called Mixxx. It messed up my audio, causing crackles, forcing me to reinstall my audio device drivers, I have a Scarlett 2i4. After I uninstalled and reinstalled those drivers, I can no longer load Conan anymore. Granted, I also got the latest Windows 10 update yesterday as well, so that could have had something to do with it as well.

In steam, I click on Conan on the left sidebar, then I click on the green PLAY button, select to either load it with or without BattlEye, it pauses for a moment, then gives me the option to click PLAY again. It simply won’t load.

I’ve validated the files. No difference. I’ve uninstalled Conan and re-installed it. No difference.

I’m at a complete loss.

1 Like

I fixed the problem by repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 and 2017, both the x86 and x64 versions.

In the Control Panel, go to Programs, Programs and Features, scroll to Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86), select “change”, then click “repair”. Then wait a while, and do the same thing on the x64 versions, as well as on 2017 version.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.