AI regularly goes braindead

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: NA
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

The AI continues to be buggy in ways that have a significant negative impact on enjoying PvE.

• “Follower cannot reach target location”: this regularly happens in situations where it should not. I find myself in the same areas repeatedly, giving the same movement commands repeatedly, and often I am in a place where even though movement commands have previously worked hundreds of times I can’t get my follower to move because of this message showing up erroneously.
  • AI goes on vacation: I often find that enemies and my follower just stand around and won’t do anything until I attack something. When I get in visual aggro range enemies will shuffle their feet in place and yell but not move towards me. Commanding my follower to attack or move does nothing. I have to attack something to get everyone to wake up, then enemies start moving around and attacking and so does my follower.
  • Follower won’t move more than 5-10 steps: I often tell my follower to move somewhere (in an area where it has previously worked hundreds of times before) but they will only take 5-10 steps forward and then stop.

I hope you have continuing efforts to improve the AI going on.

Steps to Reproduce:

I play mostly PvE by myself online on official PvE servers. When farming the same enemies hundreds of times it becomes very clear what is standard behavior and what is glitchy. The AI is very often glitchy.

1. Play a lot
  2. Observe the AI is buggy and unreliable
  3. Etc.
1 Like

Happens to me as well. Both with animals (Greater Bears) and humans (Archer III, and Fighter III).

Happens in both 2.7 and on Testlive 2.8

It’s quite a regular occurrence - thrice an hour maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.