All fish traps can't place in water after last update!?

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Single-player)
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: (Bug)
Server type: [Enter one of the following: ( PvE )
Region: [Please enter your server region] EU

After last update i can’t place all fish traps in a room with water or in a river!

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. build a room with water in it
  2. place fish trap in it
    3.not go
  3. place fish trap in a river outside
  4. not go

Have you tried the option to align building piece with the ground. If I don’t do that, the traps will not place. Once they are aligned, I have no problem placing them, pre and post patch.

Been awhile since traps could be placed in shallow water…

This has been the case for me for months - can’t place fish traps except in deep water.

they r worthless as they r now… do not invest in this

If you take the first time a placeable, all are standard to have ground contact, if i go deeper, then comes the message it has a collision with an other object.

You see in the screenshot the message: must be place in water! hell i’m in water! I had no problems before the last update with it.

Hello everyone and thank you for bringing this to our attention.
The team is aware of this issue and they are currently working on improving the fish traps.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

Try alingning it with the ground and in shallow water. It always worked for me, had no problems so far (yesterday).

Thank you, Dana :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s weird. I experimented with some fish traps last night and had no problem placing them. Could there be a mod issue? I also didn’t try to place them anywhere near other building pieces, but that should not matter, but worth a try.

I play with mods, but i had test it without mods and it’s the same problem. Only in deeper water goes the fish traps. I had this not before the last update.

The fish traps dont work in the middle of rivers and stuff, HOWEVER, putting traps at the very edge of the water and sometimes just outside the water seems to register.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.