Alteast let players loot a non Bazaar illusioned item on pvp servers

It’s just my personal observation, but even pop up message looks like it tries to play on your feeling of self-worth by giving you “You are not worthy” to use the item.
Kudos to their new microtransaction expert, they did their job pretty well.

Hope the majority of the money they gonna milk out of this community will go into Dune’s development.

3 Likes

Yeah, the “Entitled” language is troublesome alone for obvious reasons. I don’t see this doing anything, but backfiring by turning players away.

2 Likes

Well I guess having the ability to have non-lootable gear is one incentive for people to spend $ in the bazaar… lol

I wonder if they thought thru that or not. I like the idea of being able to at least take the non-illusioned equivalent or barring that just have the item “disappear” if the person looting it does not own it.

Having items that cannot be looted in a PVP server seems unfair (no risk of loss).

2 Likes

@Octavian was hoping this was a mistake as well, but the above says it all. Heartbreaking.

1 Like

Honestly if they want to provide loot protection to folks who buy the skins then we should all have loot protection.

I know this can be a bit controversial but I would be fine if bodies could not be looted on Official PVP servers. I think it would actually encourage more PVP in that folks currently are too worried about losing their gear. That is probably a different discussion thread though…

3 Likes

I think it fits in current issue addressed by this thread. I don’t see this as a derail at all, moreover I see it as a possible extension to the greater issue. Recovery is a big part of pvp and trading is big part of PvE not to mention RP. I think your thread was spot on.

It’s not that bad right now but in the incoming future, it will become even bigger.
Every new player will see armor sets from the first BP and won’t be able to loot and use it or a gear piece with BP skin on top of it. So this issue will increase with each coming age and a bigger list of BP items.
Yeah, developers said that “Those BP items may come back reworked a bit” but those will be similar looking items but under a new ID, so old protected IDs will remain untouched.

By purchasing BP and Bazaar packs now, every existing player (at this moment) buys protection against new future players. Thus creating an environment of unfair play between people who only joined the game and old-timers. Such an environment is usually seen in free to play mmo games and mobile games.

6 Likes

And it will poison the well so to speak. New players will get frustrated and not remain.

PvP can be rough enough for a new player without adding insult to injury by making it possible that could not even loot the body of a player who attacked them, because the purchased a skin for an item. That will turn many, many away.

Better to correct this now before it gets worse.

There’s a lot in this thread I’m not even going to start to try to unpack - but no need to tinfoil hat on this one.

We have changes in place internally for you to be able to equip items with illusions if you don’t own the illusion, we just didn’t have time to get it out for launch. Once that update goes out, as long as it’s an item you can use (base game, or you have the entitlement) you’ll be able to equip the item and see the default weapon appearance if you don’t own the illusion entitlement.

9 Likes

So from now with new BPs and bazaar expansions we gonna have more and more “protected” gear from looting and using?..
rip pvp, pve and coop game

there is literally no justification for situation when you cant loot other players corpses and bases (pvp), zero

i can use only skinned items… so 99% players wont be able to loot my corpse or my chests… this work for me, but against me in the same time…

clan members are blocked from clan armory too from now… wow! because not every1 buy every dlc as i do…

2 Likes

Thank you Den for the reply !

Glad its getting fixed. We have/had been hoping it was in fact a oversight, bug, or mistake.

2 Likes

dose this mean that if i say craft a dragon bone katana from the bazaar and some one loot it off me will it turn in to a regular katana or will they be unable to equip it

not being able to repair a piece of armor or weapon from the bazaar with raw materials if you did not unluck it is on thing but not being able to use it altogether is another if funcom starts locking loot behind a pay wall this game will die fast

1 Like

Is there any chance whatsoever that the entitlement rules could be relaxed a bit more to allow us to loot items (i.e. move them from inventory to inventory) without being able to actually equip or use them?

The use case here is that if I haven’t purchased an item from the Bazaar, but my clanmate has, I would like to pass the loot to them. I still wouldn’t be able to use that loot myself, but at least it wouldn’t be wasted.

2 Likes

Yes!!! In fact they should even be allowed to be dismantled!
In that case if someone defeats a player who was using these items that aren’t illusioned but their base items are actual “premium” items, they could at the very least pick up the loot and dismantle it for materials.
It would certainly provide some form of a compromise and prevent a “pay to win” style item protection for PvP, even if they can’t equip those items.

2 Likes

they had a setting they never fully developed and gave up on where your armor and hot bar were to be seperate from you inventory. Basically thet should revisit and make it where you cant lose armor and weapons in the hot wheel in pvp.

3 Likes

Keeping hotwheel stuff would be less realistic but more fun I think. The system as it is is really punishing but consistent and immersive at least.

Its very counter immersive for your barbarian to not be able to pick something up because real life you didn’t buy it.

It’s not always about stealing trophies for bragging rights or taking someone out of the fight either. Many times I’ve picked up a weapon naked from a dead enemy and used it to defend myself

1 Like

I have grabed weapons of other players that are sleaping or dead … a compromise would be to make it so you could not repair them with raw materials they could even have repair kits lower max durability each time you use one this would cause you to eather buy the skin or go hunt the player that has it (or trade for it but we all know conbat is preferred) they could even buff legendary weapons this way and it would cause us to need to keep gathering them

GUYS you completely missing the POINT:
statement is clear - from now WE CANT interact with any skins (new ones form BP or bazaar) if we not have entitlement (not tie it to our account)
so nor are we, not our clan mates can pick it up, no1 says anything about repairs, illusions, duplication and etc.
we simply cant pick it, so its gonna decay with body (or chest) nice addition to the game isnt it?..
and now imagine chest\station\body witch contain only skins gear, that what i call LOOTING payed protection

and what make me sad most, even if i buy some axe for example, i cant share it with my clan mate, until he buys it too, i spend my real money, and yet, i cant do with it whatever i want…

1 Like

Does this mean if I use a illusion the other player can put it off and not see my illusion?