Alternative download location

Hello,

I am an old AoC player (starting 2008) and wanted to try the game again. I am downloading it right now, but the patcher limits me to 1MB/sec . I have a 100Mbit (up to 12.5 MB/sec) connection, so expected 6-8 MB/sec speed.
It is nice retro that I download the same speed as 10 years ago :wink: .
I would rather like to download the game within 30 minutes than 4 hours, so are there alternative download locations?

Nope, you have to download if from Funcom at the slow speeds like you are doing.

Shame… I was hoping to check AoC after a few years of absence from game but downloading 20GB with 300KB/s is just stupid… :confused:

Whilst I do not know the download speed, you are able to get AoC via Steam these days. It might be worth checking to see if it is faster than via Funcom account link.

1 Like

Ah, didn’t think of that. But does Steam allow you to download the full game, or does it just provide the patcher which you then run to download the game from Funcom Servers?

Worth a shot I guess.

Edit: Looks like Steam tells you the full game size when allocating to download, so yeah, I guess you can get most of your downloading done from Steam.