Alternative to slavery

yeah… same… My story in short. We started as group of 6, now i am alone, THE END!

I typically set up a wheel nearby, run into the settlement and aggro the thrall I want and then let it chase me to the wheel where I knock it out. I’ve noticed that only four melee NPCs will give chase at a time, so by the time I get to the wheel, there’s only 4 enemies at most.

This approach won’t work everywhere. Some of the New Asagarth NPCs will despawn when they leave the settlement, but it works in most places.

2 Likes

My room mate and I were thinking about putting up a wheel outside one of the camps we like to raid on our way to other things, I am glad Im not the only one who thinks about stuff like that.

1 Like

That’s a good solution, yeah… though, ahem it feels a bit dirty :smile: Since you’re cheesing the AI in a way… and also taking advantage of the weakness of all other forms of combat (archery, mostly… you can ignore ALL of them totally!)

In addition, I don’t think I can build a single lone Wheel of Pain without building a base around it (muh immersion!) And the more you build the more you have to run the map like crazy when that purge targets you. But, thinking about it maybe it’s for the better… since they will be less inclined to target one of my main bases :thinking:

Side note/rant

BTW, that’s my standard solution to things that break my immersion… ignore it and not do it :smiley: Or else, I lose respect for the game and get bored very quickly.

I mean, I’ve seen what other’s do in twitch streams and such, running all around the map like chickens clicking on every recipe and ignoring NPCs or killing them in droves…

I cannot do that, sadly… it would kill the game for me. Same is for murdering the whole ship just to take that single existing spawn that’s only available there.

Hmm… maybe that’s an AI limitation… interesting :thinking:

I guess. It seems to be the same with all creatures. No more than 4 of any melee NPC will chase me.

Once I dragged four dragons from the Unnamed City to a Monster Crocodile and had to stop to kill everything else that aggro’d just so the dragons wouldn’t stop and turn back.

But I have noticed that some ranged NPCs will keep firing even with 4 melee attacking me while melee in excess of 4 just stands around and does nothing.

1 Like

Whoa, slow down though, let’s get a thrall system that actually works and THEN talk about changes

2 Likes

Taking thralls is the base of this game if you do not like it go play somthing else there are plenty of sandbox games out there. And those of you that have a moral problem with the taking of thralls it’s a video game get over your self!

Hmm. You do realize that this is the “Suggestions” section, yeah? Looks like it’s being used as intended. I don’t see the point of telling people to just go play another game instead.

I also don’t see anyone even hinting at having a moral problem with taking slaves in a game, so I’m not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. Perhaps they did and I just missed it though. Some people simply prefer playing in different ways and would like more options to do just that. Sometimes I like to RP an ■■■■■■■, sometimes I don’t.

There’s nothing wrong with suggesting additional options be made available, especially in the “Suggestions” section of the forums.

Good point! But at least the ideas are here for future reference, if the current system ever gets fixed.

3 Likes

My thralls are all with me by choice. I only needed the truncheon to help them make the right choice. They are, of course, free to leave at any time. They only need to wear a harder helmet when they do.

7 Likes

I actually read all the posts on this topic so if your going to reply to me atleast read all the comments before doing so.

As did I. Care to highlight what I apparently missed?

You clearly did not as you did not see people having a problem with the moral side of having slaves again go read the comments

Or people could have their own opinions and want alternative ways of doing things and you could respect that and not be a jerk when it’s “just a game” and you’re on a discussion post someone made asking for alternative ways of gaining followers for people who don’t want to bludgeon people mercilessly and drag them to the gym of pain.

3 Likes

I would really like the option to be against slavery in Conan exiles by having a way to recruit instead of inslave.

Plus freeing thralls from other players could be a great game mechanic

3 Likes

Yes was thining somthing simular. To have a baraks system for combat npc´s and livigquarer for working npc´s. That can give them buffs and bonuses and even maybe respawn and/or atract new volonters, or just to come and folwe one of the goods.

It’s not just Conan that was against taking slaves, there were entire cultures against it. Cimmerians in general did not take slaves for one.

1 Like

But i also realise that this will be a big thing for the game so it will be a big expantions uppdate and probebly in combo whit to be frens whit some npc citys and maybe tag a primer religion to.

It’s bad when you think everything is about politics… no one is pushing an agenda here.

-straches on a chalkboard-

NPC allies aren’t thralls. They could have been a start. Well for offline players.

When sorcery gets here, I’ll just turn all thralls to skeletons. It’s not slavery if they are dead.

1 Like

Are you prepared to pay wages of iron, beer, or food? This is what a non-slavery system would entail. Are you ready for this?