Am I the only one who wants Old-School AO/RK content only?

I’ve been thinking about this a lot, and the first problem is obvious: you can’t play AO effectively unless you do a lot of research out of game.

The second problem is that if you die in a group, it’s not easy for you to rejoin them. In EQ/EQ2, a group doesn’t get much done unless they have a class who can resurrect you, which among other things, teleports you back to the group. Other MMOs, back to the dungeon entrance at least.

In RK, getting back to the dungeon entrance is simple. In SL, not as simple.

But in either case, your best bet is to let somebody else die than you. A lesson it’s taken me a long time to learn, but yet have not implemented, although I know it. My main in both the old server and the new is an engineer, and I have Beacon Warp in former, although not yet the latter.

If that’s as good as it gets, AO will attract the ruthless, and SL makes that even worse.

But as I said, I’m ok with adding SL to RK2019.

While I’d rather have a Notum-Wars-Only server, SL is an inevitability. I think they should release Shadowlands ASAP. If they do it too late, few people will want to reroll a shade or keeper as their main. Of course some players will roll a new main, but it is going to be a pain for those players to catch up to the rest of the pack if if they have to grind the full 200 levels. Not to mention, releasing SL too late would make the early progression quests and content arbitrary for most players.

SL should be next cap, and god forbid, if they ever add Alien Invasion, it should be at the level 150 cap so that players can grind sector 10. Many players on the live server will lock exp just for the sector 10 grind.

Im back to AO is to experience those same feeling as I did back in 2002, fresh economy RK mishs, tons of peoples ruining around and actually doing something besides sitting by OA grid or Hill, I wish that FC would make 1 Server as RK/NW only and and I would gladly pay $20-$30 per month to keep this server pre SL. I know that if FC would make a Server alot of old school players would reactivate today. Im having a blast actually teaming with people…making new friends…doing dungeons and lvling together like it was 18 or so years ago. You know the people I met back in 2002 - 2003 playing AO are the people that stuck together for all these years (we played many games together and even if not playing we still would come to our Voice chat and hangout), Fireks, Waterks, Upkeepz, Thyger, Kunnz, Mands, Gankstar, Tiny007, Thacube they are the most amazing people Ive met in my life!

1 Like