An idea for an upkeep system

I just took this challenge and have a barbaric server pair with drachenfeles’s mods set on max… I am concerned about convenience builds on that server

1 Like

Yeah Im curious too, since I have a base at the obelisk at the Frost Temple that shares the same timers as one in Sepermeru, Undead City, and back up to Asgard. Id likely need 400 flags lol!

Darn, I think we broke the internet… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I am impressed of the build (although that is a private server so no issues with the build at all)

Quite of few I am sure. Since mostly straight lines.

Official Server PvE #1501.

Ah, Thought I saw a modded item. My mistake. That must of taken a while to build.

No.
A barbaric mode server needs only map rooms, nothing else. But to be honest I wouldn’t put map rooms as well but I am sure in not time people will build sloppy, so it’s best for the health of the server to create map rooms and shelters, so people can travel or rest a bit.
A barbaric mode server should not have starter pack except a horse. If you really want to help someone just give him a horse, not even a saddle, just a horse.
All the parameters must stay vanilla, all of them.
I cannot see reasons for someone to play barbaric and want easiness.
I see reasons for help in barbaric mode but not recover.
YES I would help someone to do a dungeon and he keeps the loot.
YES I would help someone in his purge and he keeps the thralls.
No I wouldn’t recover his loss by admin mode, I would gladly farm for him to recover his loss but not the other way.
A high difficulty server should attract only players that want to play this way, all the others can go in other servers.
I wish I was on pc, I would run to your server tonight :pensive:.
@CodeMage, for once again forgive my off topic here, thank you.

2 Likes

and that is where if the server truly liked it, they would pitch in for the fictional flag system. Many people on officials tend to forget many players want to play the game. They mean well, but they remove some of the gaming cycle for others.

2 Likes

Actually private 9wners opinions are valued by Funcom. They tend to implement as much as they can things from private mods if they feel officials would bemefit.

1 Like

So is this build on a shared official server for you or the whole server?
If for server, then they would gladly pitch in, if for yourself, then that is the point of a flag system. Selfish building needs a true cost.

1 Like

Im not saying Funcom doesnt value everyones opinion, but Taemien doesnt respect the opinion of official players because he doesnt like official servers, the players or their playstyles. Hes been very vocal of this recently.

So why should anyone who plays on officials value or respect his opinion as a private server moderator?

It goes both ways.

3 Likes

I agree, @Taemien has a disgust with officials. But that does not mean 9ne should not hear the opinion. The weight depends on how biased that opinion comes across. 9nly hearing 1 sided debates leaves out valuable data.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing at all, Im asking why his opinion should be valued. He can certainly chime in, and we all know it is a biased opinion based off his comments, but why should we even consider it when its biased and he dislikes everything official related?

3 Likes

Honestly, I realize that must have been a lot of work building that bridge, but I also want the game to be challenging, vs a stroll in the park. That is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Same here - on the server I reside.

Besides actually selling FC on this idea and all the work it would take to implement, that’s my main concern as well. Not that the forum would go nuts, but that some weak point in my buildings with a 20% stability would get wasted the first day and down comes the whole thing.

2 Likes

That’s an official server and this hasn’t been deleted? You’re kidding? Well, brace yourself - I think it’s coming soon.

All this has happened to me (others helping me selflessly) and it’s just a regular Official Server. Most people are just so cool!

1 Like

All depends. If the server does not mind it then it will remain on the server with no issue. If people hate it then sure. Although since people probably use it to travel in the volcano, the odds are in his favor that no one will report it as an issue unless someone dislike him or his clan.

1 Like

Why should it be deleted? If that minor build causes the server to suffer, Funcom will need to delete every single player created thing on the map.

2 Likes

I said I respect players. Not refreshers.

Players play. Refreshers only refresh. Refreshers are not players. Refreshing is not a playstyle, it is a waste of space. Period.

1 Like

And until Funcom decides if and when to make a change on this, this is a playstyle on official servers. Like it or not.