An idea to have a more alive world

Smarter thralls would always be nice. Although, like anything else, that takes a ton of programming. This would not be a simple fix.

Initially, I did not comment since I really did not have much to add. Even now, I really do not, but posting to show I and others do have interest in other people’s threads.

Personally, I had suggested a long time ago that I was looking for thralls that worked like ESO houseguests concept where you can program them to move around and such in a pattern you set up. That way, your thralls are not static NPCs in your base. To give them a bit more life and feel like your base is alive with activity.

Granted KorgFoehammer aka Sabugorn has created a mod that does this, “To Thrall Recall” along with other features. This is a revamped of an earlier Thrall mod Sabugorn created. I haven’t tested the new mod, but did play with his older one which was very nice.

1 Like

They aren’t thralls. They are a different AI that respawn on death. They are personal AI that talks,eats,drinks. It like having an AI player that doesn’t build a base.

Sounds like one of my friends… we call his “base” the “yard sale”.

3 Likes

I doubt they have the skill or dev team to pull off sorcery. I don’t care if they add sorcery or don’t add sorcery. I am waiting on HL in December. The one magic to rule them all. Or I am too busy on rust,atlas,ark, citadel forge with fire,Fallout 76 or no man sky or Pokemon games. Maybe elden ring later on.

Either way I bought all the dlc. By the way Mr. Droch-aon can you craft Isle of siptah items in the exile? Also can you learn siptah recipes in the exile? Meaning in none dlc exile version can you learn and use dlc siptah items?

Yes, and no.
On an official server?, no.

You need console commands to do it. so,

On a private server?, maybe, it depends on the server admin or Mods.

In single player? I’m guessing this is the one you’re wondering about, because you mentioned you play single player. You can spawn in Siptah items and recipes, and then craft them.

Also you can change maps in single player, eg. get siptah stuff and transfer to exiled lands.

The only exception I know of, is the Rhino mount, if you own siptah you can turn an Exiled lands grey rhino into a mount, even on an official server and without any cheats or transfers.

Hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

This sounds like someone wants to play Barbie dress up with Conan thralls, and have them play Conan Exiles while they watch the thralls actually play the game.

CE isn’t a settlement sim and the AI we have, as mentioned above, already isn’t great.

If you don’t like the game, go play another one? It’s not that complicated.

1 Like

who hurt you Bryan

1 Like

now that you say it, I think it sounds fantastic. I was already thinking if I should recommend you to play something else, since conan seems to be not the right game for you. but you obviously already noticed that yourself. then good luck with your next game :wave:

1 Like

Thank you for answering my question.

When your account is 15 days old, yet you mention Bryan-Skull in your OP.
If it quacks like a duck . . . . .you get the picture Bryan.

6 Likes
  1. Yes. No problem! If your character learned the Siptah recipe it can be crafted in Exiled Lands. Needs a character transfer for that to happen if you’re talking about official servers.

2. If you have them then yes. Like if you brought all the scrolls from Siptah and then learned them there in Exiled Lands… Works fine. Obviously you can not find Siptah recipes in Exiled Lands because then by definition they would not be Siptah recipes. o0

3. ?? The English doesn’t make sense to me and I dunno what you’re asking.

2 Likes

I can’t be sure, but I think they’re asking if you can learn and use Siptah items in Exiled Lands if you don’t own any DLCs at all.

You can certainly use Siptah items. I am not sure if you can learn Siptah-specific feats from scrolls if someone gives them to you.

1 Like

You can. Oh wait… I’m not sure either. I can learn them in Exiled Lands - but I have the Siptah DLC so I haven’t tried to learn Siptah scrolls in EL without the Siptah DLC. So while I can’t be positive, I bet you can… because it’s using and not crafting.

Hmmm, if it’s a DLC item then you can’t craft it but you can use most things. Not everything though. Like the Artisan bench from a DLC you do not own: you can place it but can’t craft it nor craft some (or all) of the things listed in it - I think it’s all. If someone else crafts a buttload of building pieces for example and gives them to you, you can build with them no problem - even if you don’t own the DLC. etc.

2 Likes

I read the OP again, and it still sounds like something to do with attributes.

I get it. Doesn’t Minecraft allow you to script offline events? I think something like that is just over their heads, swoosh. Maybe CE3.0 will have offline events.

For more Alive world, I suggest the MOD thrall are alive!

With Idle function, Thrall walk around your base and interact witch things.
It work fine.

I would like a funcom function like that to having that without mod and on console too.

1 Like

They are autonomous and can go to work station or Ale Keg to drink, and maybe other interactions.
pathfinding work good, and you can too define patrol path, and choic in times: night/day/evening what they do betwin ideling, sleep (in their bed) training, and patroling.
It make theexperience clost to elder scroll cities.

1 Like

Whenever I see your posts, I wish I had the lovetap and could lock you in the wheel of pain forever. So that you move in circles like your posts.

Please forgive me for my statement, but we have often enough discussions about posts that we have already chewed through a hundred times.

False. I fail to like the same things you do.

Why is that such a huge deal?

3 Likes

I like to avoid the forums. Most forums are toxic. When your account 15 days old and you been playing since beta.

I personally think the world is alive enough with NPC settlement, outpost, wildlife, dungeon etc

My base though, as i think you might actually be talking about, well i wouldn’t say no to something like say Trigger Mats, a placeable you put down then place a NPC on and it can “assign” them a role, say you set up a bar you place the trigger mat and assign the thrall as a barkeep and the thrall then cycles animation relevant to that or say you build a wall 4 foundation long, place relevant trigger mat an stretch it them 4 foundation, now Thrall will walk that wall.

Non important things but something i’d like to see, i’d settle for more Thrall emotes