An interesting video (Edit: Title changed, cuz poeple don't read beyond the first post)

Oh snap! I see. I’d say “blow up the walls then” but… people are just gonna build an outer armor shell made of …doors and doorframes…

Ok, yeah. That sux -_-

^^ the door is a wall now thats the problem :slight_smile:

tips hat humbly and walks backwards slowly
leaves the PvP zone

So for pvp he is right the doors are pay to win atm^^ on some private servers they are not allowed.

Nice to know… i forked out 10$ got shafted with the gear in it not being on par with an advertised tier… but turns out DLC is still P2W… nice one… so can we please get the gear numbers back please… it seems doors were the problem all along!?
You will never please everyone… cosmetics shouldn’t be overpowered… but at the same time if you want people to buy the product (this case LDC) it must be worth the price… yes worth is subjective… that’s why we have preview/advertisement/showcase/promotion to inform… but when you bait and switch that’s a pretty bad business practice!

Early Access DLC

Not sure why my post above from another thread is linked here and out of context.

Also, we are looking into the stats/balancing for the DLC.

This post has a higher toxicity level than the other thread. If I quote you in that thread, it’s gonna make it toxic real fast… Doing the OP over there a favor.

This thread has it’s sole focus on the DLC. I wanted to preserve the other threads relative purity and more general context.

The quote I made of your snippet wasn’t out of context in the semantics of “balance”. Balance was not mentioned at all in all of what you wrote. Only of new features and mechanics. This thread is about balance.
No disrespect meant. Not here to doctor words. I"m aware of the semantics.

I’m relieved to hear that stats/balancing is being looked into. May I copy your quote to the myriad of other posts related?

Absolutely, that will save me a bit of time going through all the threads myself. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool. There’s one post I kindly ask you to read though. It’s a post we set out to create to be as toxic-free and constructive as possible as feedback to the DLC.

It’s the thread most of us poured our hearts into :slight_smile:

You guys do realize that sappers do not try and blow up doors for the fact that it would be idiotic to do so given all the defenses that would have been placed around them. Though I do acknowledge that the game is entirely not strategic when it comes to raids. There are much better ways to take down a fortress than through a door that is just a chock point. That is the whole point of a trechubet. Open up them walls in multiple areas. Also the idea of burning the door is a bit crazy when you consider that more than likely that would have been designed to not burn.

This game is set in Hyboria, a time period that if I was to describe would be closer to mid-high medieval period. Beside you are talking about a race group that in the stories seems far more superior than the west. The idea that their structures would be stronger makes since given the cultures that would have surround them and the raiding those cultures would have been doing into their lands.

Expect for maybe Aquilonia, but even they really their subjects/allies for support. If you really wanted to complain then ask for Greek fire for the trebuchet. That stuff burns and when added to rocks would do major damage to the walls as walls during this said period would not be impervious to fire and would weaken due to mortar.

Honestly I think the complaint should be towards better offensive weapons against fortress/bases. Some of those I have seem really need something to counter their strengths.

Another thing the bashing on archers. Maybe inform your archers on how to cover your charge? Us simple tactics when trying to take a base. Blow a door is great if you can do it with one explosive other wise it would be useless in my opinion. I would be trebucheting the crap out of the walls. Trying to open multiply spots for entrance and making my archers cover my entrance to their base. The bigger the whole the bigger the force that can push in.

But then again maybe I am just thinking to much for this game.

1 Like

On top of this, I think folks are using PtW rather loosely here. For me, PtW is intentional by design. That is to say that the designed intention is that you can only access the best competitive content by buying it. Some games are really PtW. That is their model. If you want to compete, you have to pay extra.

This issue with the doors strikes me more as a bug or QAQC oversight. I highly doubt that Funcom intends for us to win at PVP by making us buy the strongest door. :slightly_smiling_face:

Aye. I heard from friends playing battlefield that they get kicked from teams because another player could join the team who has a DLC weapon/spec on them. That’s P2W.

1 Like

Pay to win is when you can buy something and have an advantage. 70k instead of a 50k door are 2 explosives, some bases are a door after a door after a door and and and, thats are some explosives in the end and a direct advantage. thats some explosives you need later maybe.

and a window wall or a normal wall is the same, both 70k. when the walls get down before the 50k doors you place your explosives wrong i think

1 Like

Whithout Cosmetic mechanics, Cosmetic DLCs will never work. For me as mainly PVE player means little to nothing if the DLC is overpowered or underpowered( you basically can do anything with exceptional gear and iron weapons in this game). However in a PVP environment every drop of power counts and can be considered p2w. You may be tolerant or ok with that but still is p2w. So even if the gear presented was power compared to the highest gear in the game it should have exactly the same requirements to craft and learn.

So far , if the gear released was exactly the same requirements and power/bonus of the latest tier in the game it would get outdated soon with new content incoming and the feeling of being scammed would come anyway, just later. Again, without cosmetic mechanics there’s no practical cosmetic DLC without hurting even if its little the PVP environment.

1 Like

I can’t see how they’d think the majority of people would be at end game when the majority can’t even play it due to the bugs, including myself. I managed to get 4 really good hours in last night and am only level 25 and still getting the feel for the game. So many issues with the game still.

I am glad I bought the DLC. It’ll be interesting to farm for the items. I just wish at least one would have been outright given to us vice just the blueprint.

They should make it just like a skin you can choose for a armor or a weapon what is already in the game, and the building parts cost the same like the normal t3 and they have no problems and no one talks about it.

and have the same amount of live of course^^

1 Like

Yes i also think this is a mistake, but this can be fixed quick with a hotfix :slight_smile:
but atm its ptw^^ and i think a lot people like the doors :smile:

that is true, when someone is stupid enough build windows on the ground or that you can place explosives trough it ok. :slight_smile:
but that doesnt change the fact that 20k more on a door are 20k more on a door and 2 more explosives.
you dont have this luck always^^
rule nr.1 dont build windows^^

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.