#AnimatedAngst Alternate Reality Game - MEGAversary Edition

So did this wrap up at the end of the event?

I would assume it’s still running.

Passively lurking around twitter since then to see if any new #animatedAngst is appearing, but the last one is dated from the 17th of july by @gorokizu wirh weird capslock:

I can’t find how to link the few elements we have now. Maybe we should recap what we have to put every mind up to date?

I think all links used throughout the thread can be found in the OP. Also i saw that hashtag on Twitter, but i think thats the same person that helped solve the first part, so not sure they would be directly related to giving out clues =x.

RECAP:

It started with a post on the Stationmasters Twitter:

Looking closly at the jumble of TRANSMIT a hash was found PgCQAi9S, which turned out to be a pastebin:

At the bottom there was another code

S#$$#@!!dcgnl.myw@!voqoxnc@#@#!cokcyxkv$%$#@#$@##@!kxswkdon#kxqcd!#@!!$#@

Which run through ROT16 lead us to the Animated Angst lore on tsw:

Originally both the Buzzing and the Black Signal, looked like what the Black Signal is showing now.
The old Animated Angst #2 showed another hash, which was an imgur one.

Nothing special have been found with this picture. I believe this Animated Angst #2 was removed fromt he Buzzing in response to finding this.

The original Animated Angst #3 (now #2 in the Buzzing) used to show Agartha as the map, and SEFIROT as the coordinate.

After a while the Stationmaster posted an image of his phone on Twitter:

The image turned out to have a hidden message in the image, revealed with a program called steghide, and the passcode SEFIROT

You are starting to see, sweetling.
See the 32 pathes.
See the 22 connections.
See the 10 emanations.
See the Animated Angst.
NR4HQ5DXHIXS65DFO54GSZTNOIXGO43RF5QVMSTFHEZUKUINBI

Someone on Discord ran this through a base32 decoder (lxxtw://tewxifmr.gsq/aVJe93EQ), then shifted each letter -4 in the alphabet, and -4 in the number, which lead to another pastebin:

This lead us to find to find the little Silver Shem in game … and i believe that is where we are at. Also after these latest finds, the old Animated Angst #3 (now #2) was changed to the coordinates of the shem instead of SEFIROT.

1 Like

ANEGST unscrambles to “AGENTS” and no other 6 letter words (that my go to Scrable searcher can find).

1 Like

@kirhin I believe it was you on Twitter that was contacting the Stationmaster =) … did you see he replied?

Yes it’d me. And replied just now we talk about it. Big Brother is watching us folks. :slight_smile:

So what do you think about his answer? What could he means by fill this old man in ?

Also the platform cannot be accessed anymore, i believe it was more an easter egg than a part of the actual game.

It was most deffinately an easter egg =P still holds true that the ARG doesnt use the game as a platform xD.

Hmm im not sure what we are filling him in on, maybe we should review the lore again that lead us to the little shem =/?

Also @Jack things are happening again, you might need to scroll up a little =P

Maybe we need to ask about the hare.

Look, sweetling, to the Stationmaster. A raven hovers above while a hare prances below, both vying for the wealth held within whispered words. They wish to help, and lo! The Stationmaster shoos them away, the clever raven to scout and the wise hare to hunt.

“The ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.” Will you?

the hare is the wise one, it also have the better ears =P.

EDIT: Alternatively maybe ask where the two branches used to lead =x?

You first quote refers to the tweeter small talks between Kaus, Insein, 2 other guys and the stationmaster after his phone screenshot post:
https://twitter.com/Agartha_Station/status/1016403225145233409?s=20
Where could we find knowledge then?

About the branch

The lore came after that conversation though. Mainly wondering if the hare can get us on right track. The Buzzing is asking if we will do what, from the looks of it, the hare does. The ear of the wise seek knowledge, will you? It could also refer back to the conversation thats true. If that is the case, then any hint would have to be in the parts about the shem itself. Granted that pastebin is where we should be looking. Just don’t see what could be elaborated on there for the Station master, that you haven’t already asked.

Just a random notice. The lore seems to kinda focus a bit on sound. I mean there is the usual “see” that we typically find i lore but

All the while, the Stationmaster hears.

…wealth held within whispered words.

“The ear of the wise seeketh knowledge.” Will you?

The 2nd one is by far the least strong of these, but the other two stands out to me. Maybe there is a soundfile somewhere? Anyways food for thought.

2 Likes

I don’t thik so because rp-ing still uses the typed chat for example. And you can always transcript spoken words to text anyway.
Speaking of witch, should someone read/watch the recorded story contest event of the megaversary? Organised by Insein… May some knowledge be hidden in there?
Also on tswdb, shem of rage and talos of silver have been added that may interest us. (Check images for hidden data?)
No time for this now, just collecting potential tracks. My WE should be more… investigating.

Back when the silver shem was added i checked a few different things with the image without luck. I have my doubts we will find anything in either one of them.

The new discoveries so far:
Following a twitter post (https://twitter.com/Agartha_Station/status/1144369986410033152) we decyphered it which lead us to:
https://soundcloud.com/the-stationmaster

Right now I am looking into making something out of the profile ic on the soundcloud…but so far nothing conclusive…even thought I wanna give a look through the imagename (avatars-000648515400-sx0fv3-t500x500) just to see if it might yield something.

Anything on how it was decrypted?

Simple cypher with the numbers 1-9, 10-90 and 100-300…just checked which common english letters fit which common numbers and it became clear over time

The image name seems to be a randomly generated thing from soundcloud. My profile has the same type of generated name (avatars-000481780410-t6rllx-t500x500)

1 Like