Dawn of the Morninglight Now Available

I actually did a quick clip of the moment I was all muted but OMG HE SAID THE THING. (Warning that I sometime use my ecig on stream, and I was in this clip. So if that’s a thing that bugs anyone who reads this, you’ve been warned? Also Twitch chooses the link text for clips automatically, I did not name this myself, heh.) Spoilers: https://clips.twitch.tv/EvilBraveWrenCharlietheUnicorn

3 Likes

I also remember the same feels when I started a new character after playing through Kaidan. All the little side mentions of Tokyo and what happened there, everything that lines up SO PERFECTLY but you don’t really think about it at the time. <3

2 Likes

I need to do this now. I remember moments like this, after having gone through Kaidan, playing a new character through City of the Sun God, and hearing Chandra say, “You go where we fear to tread,”… the sudden :open_mouth: It was there all along!

I need more moments like that!

5 Likes

That is a rather unique method of hashing.

2 Likes

…Hahahaha! :joy: Oh man, that never clicked for me, and it took me a bit just now…but that’s so great. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have no idea how Twitch generates those, but I like to picture Daimon cackling maniacally as he does them himself. *nods*

2 Likes

Reminds me of CorrectHorseBatteryStaple

3 Likes

He LOOKS just like Hayden Montag from Insmouth Academy! LOL :madeofstars:

They SHOULD have used Peter Cook:
Mawwiage, that bwessed awwangement, that dweam wifin a dream…
And wuv, twue wuv, will fowwow you foweva…

5 Likes

Also, I raise the observation that from the looks of the place as a compound and if Fear Nothing’s practices of isolating its members is any guide they probably are cut off from outside media and likely thus any problematic news for the PC.

Plus our faction will undoubtedly be providing a cover identity.

6 Likes

Watching the trailer again, I noticed that there seems to be a day/night cycle going on. I wonder if this is similar to Tortage in AoC where the environment/mission changes depending on the time of day. So you’d be pretending to be a good little cultist during the day and sneaking out after curfew for more action/sabotage missions.

3 Likes

Actually it’s more precise than that, i think.
Remember they have a “local time” inside the game that is much faster than our real-world time.
Gameplay could (is probably gonna) be affected by this gameclock regarding the curfew.

1 Like

I’m certainly very interested to see what they do with that. Depending on what they do with it, it could make for a very interesting playfield.

Oh and to continue in the mentions of this dropped earlier in the game. I just replayed My Bloody Valentine and was reading the email at the end from P.M.: “The faithful in other parts of the world are being recalled to the Compound as we speak. We will all be together soon.” So this camp we’re visiting is specifically part of their post-Tokyo plans? Not that it went as they planned…

I want to see some of The Kingdom down there

Uhm, wasn’t The Kingdom Egypt-specific?
While I share the feeling of wanting to see it, I doubt we will come across it in South Africa.

2 Likes

YES!! If its real new content I will give Funcom more money again…

Just that “climb the ranks”…half-sentence really makes me nervous…

please don’t be a real grind…please don’t be a real grind…

Wants to be excited but …meep!

1 Like

Very much looking forward to more Secret World! Also, another promise held. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d be 100% okay with meaningful grind.

Grind happens.
On a different note. I couldn’t help but notice the phrasing of the text you get. ‘A Mysterious Text was sent to your phone.’ I might be reading too much into this, but that doesn’t sound like it comes from your handler. Does it come from the Morninglight itself? An ‘Invitation’? Hmmm… I’m not saying that I’m holding onto a General Akbar Gif…

3 Likes

Everyone else under the sun has our phone number, why not Morninglight? :madeofstars:

3 Likes