Another stealth nerf for CE?

So I spent a few days running thru the Unnamed City, wasting my time trying to level up a Snowhunter, that ended up with a level 20 nerf, and I noticed that the 3 skull mobs no longer drop epic weapons/armor. The giant snake in the temple used to have good RNG items but now the chest is just like the other chests in the world.
Even the White bat demon would occasionally drop some good loot. No more.
The Unnamed City was my go to for Treasure hunter seeker thralls, but nerf - thrall limits.
The Unnamed City was my go to for decent loot, but nerf - no more good drops.

It is almost like FC is trying to force people to play Siptah, where they are handing out great loot and armor like candy.

3 Likes

Conspiracy theory aside, The r reduced drops in the city has been ongoing for many months. Much more grindy.

2 Likes

On xbox EL suffers from many deficiencies while IoS is apparently running quite smoothly. The devs have shaved enough memory use to make the connections to the servers more stable, but at a cost of lag in almost every aspect of play on EL. Now FC is attempting to make it better by limiting thrall lag by implementing the thrall cap. I have pooped on FC in the past, alot, but this shows they are at least trying now. EL will prolly never run like IoS, but it is getting better in some ways…

1 Like

My point exactly. FC has tunnel vision to make their “new baby” work at the cost of CE.

3 Likes

Hopefully they remember the Prodigal Son (Exiled Lands) once IoS has been weaned.

1 Like

@JJDancer ,It looks like this especially on consoles . Exile lands are full of performance issues and bugs , seemed like dropped on the corner for awhile . About the loot at the unnamed city I can’t say only negative things . You know that for late game, steel drop from skeletons mean nothing , yet for new start unnamed city is a good farming spot . About the boss drop rate I didn’t noticed something different, yet I have about 3 weeks to visit unnamed city , so if you say it’s this way then it’s bad . They have to fix it .

1 Like

I don’t know about epic loot, but legendary loot still drops. It’s just much, much less likely to drop. I’m not sure when they nerfed the drop rate, exactly. They could’ve done it at any point between September 2020 and May 2021 and I wouldn’t have noticed.

It’s somewhat frustrating that I can’t get any of my favorite UC weapons w/o interminable grind, but I keep consoling my self with “at least the RNG is not like in Siptah yet”. :confused:

1 Like

The named weapons/armor are easy to get from the chests. I have 5 or 6 chests full of it. None of it is better than what you can make, except a few items that I use like the Lions axe.
I have gotten 1 Crom’s Sword in 5 months. That isn’t RNG, that is FC laughing at us. Some of those mobs just aren’t worth the effort any longer, like the giant snake. Get a 2x poison from it and lose half your health, for nothing.
They must have nerfed it a few times, because a couple of months ago, I was still getting at least legendary armor/weapons, but my last few runs, nothing. I killed every 3 skull in the City. Not one drop of anything, except armor/weapon repair kits, and I have chests full of those, lol.
Funs over, as they say.

2 Likes

You can’t get UC legendaries from chests, that’s the thing. Sword of Crom, Festering One, Quake, etc.

I started my latest playthrough in May. I kept doing UC runs to accumulate enough repair kits and frags so that I can focus on building my Citadel without worrying. Weapons-wise, I got a Rage Hammer, a Ghast Sword, and a Quake. I also got several Gauntlets of the Brute, one War-Dancer Chest, one Scorpion Harness, and one Helm of the Brute.

It’s not as much as I expected, and I’ve definitely noticed the drop rate nerf, but it’s not as bad as your case. Which is precisely why I keep grumbling about RNG in general: even when the rate is decent on average – and I’m not saying it is in this case – that still means you could have shіt luck and I could have awesome luck and we’re “decent on average”.

RNG has its uses, but it’s turned into a Golden Hammer these days.

1 Like

@CodeMage ,For me the most difficult thing to farm in the unnamed city is the weapon that change the temperature of the opponent (I farm only one the last 3 years so I don’t remember the name ) and the helm from the red mama (2 ) . No matter the server I always have issues finding these items :pensive: . Now in Siptah I am still noob (yeeee) so I can’t say .

1 Like

You know what I meant.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.