Any news on animal pen? (changes to make it smaller due to it for being too big)

Does funcom have any news regarding the animal pen? The last post was on OCT 28, 19’ and no news since then: Animal pens too big, make single animal pens

It would be nice for them to make the animal pen smaller, maybe let modders help them out with creating stuff to make the process a bit faster.

Even a separated “forum” to give us news on the things they are currently working on so we can keep track on what they are doing and what we can expect (i’m not speaking about updates like new building materials etc, just fixes).

1 Like

I don’t see why it would even be that hard. Visually speaking, just slice the current pens in 3rds, take the middle section and slap some side walls on the places you cut it, remove some foundation, and call it good. Add it into the game for free and capitalize on the excitement by releasing a paid DLC that adds new pets.

1 Like

Only problem with making them only hold one thing is that you would be having to put food in multiple structures to feed them. I don’t really mind them being that big as makes it harder to just spam them

The people wanting smaller ones are probably playing solo or are building in an area with limited space. They aren’t likely to have more than one or two anyway.

Yet that would mean for them to make something for single player and not for multiplayer. Kinda against what funcom is working on atm

Single-player here…
Love the look and size of the animal pens. (especially lvl. 2)
Get some rhinos, elephants, etc. (my pens stay full)

Heck, even filled with wolves it looks great… I hop in and jump around my little pets. :slight_smile:

Again - with some of the animals - something smaller would be too cramped… seems like those wanting a smaller pen aren’t really animal ‘farmers’.

I am playing solo and I do have enough room, the problem is that the animal pen is soo big that I cannot close off the last ceiling and people can just enter my base. I shouldn’t have to put a map room to close that last ceiling. What if I want to put my map room on a different designed building? :slight_smile:

Let’s be honest, the animal pen is just too big. They need a strategy to make things compact yet usable. They can even slice the pen in 5 pieces and make 1 pen fit a 1x2 and 2-3 high foundation but small enough so that you can close off the sides with walls. If they can do that… that would be cool :slight_smile:

If you can’t close a ceiling then use pillars to support your ceiling and it will close. Or use roof building parts either to reduce the numbers of ceiling part so it’s possible to close it, or to just get a pointy roof. There is many way to get a closed ceiling with a very big building.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.