Any Possibilty of Testlive option for PS4 players

I was wondering if there were any plans to provide an option for PS4 players to access Testlive.

Thanks in advance.

TestServer for PS4 or any console doesn’t make much sense due to a very restrictive certification process that requires submitting any patch weeks before actual release date for Sony/Microsoft to approve. If your test build goes through 3-4 patches, submitting it to consoles will add 3-8 more weeks of waiting…

Blockquote

If they created a second client/app for testing on the PS4, it would technically be a Beta version. I wonder if the certification process for Beta versions is as restrictive as commercial release products.

1 Like

If they created a second client/app for testing on the PS4, it would technically be a Beta version. I wonder if the certification process for Beta versions is as restrictive as commercial release products.

Makes you wonder, how all the other companies having betas or PTRs on consoles can handle that…

Know nothing about “other” companies who have PTRs/PTSs on consoles. I am playing The Division1/2 and the community was asking the devs for PTS on consoles. And the devs were trying to make this, but failed. They even managed to come to some sort of an agreement with Sony, but in the end they didn’t make it. Also, among other Games as Servers that I play, who run test servers, none of them have test servers on consoles. Sadly.

Betas — yes. Beta is essentially a demo nowdays and require the same certification process.

Same. No matter what app you want to upload to the game store (Sony or MS), it requires a certification.

Hey there,

This is currently not in our plans due to platform restrictions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.