Any way to reduce cost of Hardened leather?

it is not fun for everyone to spend vast amounts of time inside a storm , neither fun is the randomness of drops and recipes neither…

2 Likes

So you want the BEST pick in game handed to you on a silver platter. With no effort whatsoever. I see.

Siptah was actually a step in the right direction. End game weapons, recipes, tools, and thralls were actually RARE. Unfortunate a lot of that is being gutted due to the army of complainers.

Same as Codemage. Wants no effort on the part of the player. Who needs that pesky storm where you actually have to fight in a challenging environment? IT IS TOO HARD, IT IS NOT FUN! Just hand out those epics Funcom! Guaranteed epics all around!

It is very unfortunate that you two represent a large portion of gamers these days. And why it is IMPOSSIBLE for Funcom to bring any real balance to the game. Any time Funcom attempts to bring challenge and balance to the game, there is an endless barrage of complaints. And rarity of end game items is a large part of game balance… Nope we cannot have that…

Balance_Conan_Exiles

Yes, obviously that’s just what I wrote. Seriously, if you can’t argue in good faith, miss me with that crap. I had a better incentive to deal with people like you back when I was more invested in this game, but life’s too short for that.

If you ever decide to accept that there are nuances between extremes and that people can be right to ask for something in between, I’ll be here to have an adult conversation with you :wink:

2 Likes

“Deal” with people like me. Sure thing Codemage. Me thinks you take yourself way too seriously.

Too funny.

Deal, as in discuss, as in make an effort, as in waste my time on. Seriously, dude, are you that incapable of understanding nuance in written language?

But that would depend on your ability to actually deliver some “nuance”. :wink:

Hard for you to deliver “nuance” when you are making grossly exaggerated comments like this:

Go look at the definition of SOL.

SOL = “BLANK” Out of Luck = basically impossible. Seriously go look up the definition.

Where is the nuance in your statement? Cause I am not seeing any… At all…

Yall, forget about fishes and seeds. Want industrial oil production ? Get an alchemist, pick up some barks from dead trees and ichor from spiders (with endgame tools and 3rd survival perk). I got 5k oil worth of mats ready to be baked in less than 15 min.

On the argument about the Storm not being fun. I think much of the problem here is most people don’t understand how to deal with the storm.

While the thralls you get from Wild Surges aren’t great. They aren’t useless either. You can get a number of T3 thralls to help, the more the better, but any amount you can manage is good. In addition the more Sigils you have the better. The sweet spot is about four sigils, this should increase the damage you deal to Storm monsters by a little under 50%. So instead of 80 damage on a hit, you’ll do about 100+

These Sigils work on Thralls and Pets as well. So if you have half a dozen murder cats with 4 sigils each, they will shred the storm monsters.

The tricky part is finding a location to place the thralls. But you could make a base just slightly outside the storm and have your thralls housed there, and when you see a storm spooling up, you can start moving the thralls inside to help fight for a bit.

I learned how to do this in Exiled Lands a while back. Using the Age of Calamitous mod, trying to break open their thrall camps was a pain in the butt. Hit one mob and get two dozen roided up humanoids that beat the tar out of you in seconds. So I started using 3-5 thralls armed with Truncheons. Now there is multiple targets for them to attack, so it keeps some pressure off of me.

I’ve found that tactic works well in the storm. When you have like 5 of those spider things and dozens of other crap. It helps for them to have 4-5 targets to choose from. Using mounts helps too, since they frequently attack the horse and you can hit many targets without being staggered yourself.

If you’re just running in there with a single follower, yeah… you’re going to get reamed. You’ve gotta even the odds a bit.

Now if you’re on PVP… well… bring friends, cause others will. I would.

plz send me a video of u and ur thrall fighting (not cheesing) a storm for more than 30 essenses without one of you dying… i am curious to check what i did wrong as solo player and for me it was hard to fight … (ust keep in mind that i am not considering myself a bad warrior- even though i am a pve player- i can say i have mastered all bosses solo so npcs r not really a chellenge to me with exception of rottenbranch and demon inside wine cellar so far) .

The tough part about the Maelstrom isn’t really any single creature, so boss prowess is irrelevant. But just 30 essence isn’t really that hard, I personally use a Greater Sabertooth when I run around in the storm. Usually I have to leave because the pet is in danger of dying after getting a good few swarms.

But you can manage the number you fight at a time by not going so deep in. As well as using Sigils. I don’t know how many of you know about their effectiveness. They work on pets and thralls too.

exactly my point… also the go in and out thingie kinda cheap to repeat… the storm could be a whole server attend event IF the essence needed for a surge were less in number…

I have figured out how to easy fight in the Maelstrom, few pets just outside the storm, me and a pet few feet inside the storm, secret pro tip" the lightning only happens the way you are facing "
when the lightning happens and monsters come toward me i will turn 180 degrees and look toward my base that is out of the storm, new lightning will happen the way i am facing all monsters die cuz they are outside the storm, when my pet is done killing i turn 180 degrees and look into the storm, wait for new lightning, get ready to look away or too many spawns will over whelm you and your pet

Well, catering to people like you has turned the official servers into a barren wasteland.

Would you say that it is everybody else’s fault for not enjoying the game the way YOU think it should be played?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.