Anything I can do?

I also had a gold vein rocknose that I fed 1,500 stone, which took around 3+ months to completely go through, seeing as there’s an 80% chance it’ll just churn out more rock, which is completely redundant. Plus I had thralls in stations that I had to grind weeks to get because they wouldn’t spawn. :man_facepalming:t5:

If I was only missing 2 doors why tf do you think I would be here???

Okay, so now it’s clear. Your base entered the abandoned state. Someone saw that, demolished some of the doors, then demolished your placeables to get the loot and they left your base standing.

On an official server, the max decay timer is 168 hours, which is exactly 7 days. The only way a base can go into abandoned state on the 5th or 6th day is if the decay timer for the base wasn’t maxed out, which usually happens with smaller T1, maybe T2 bases.

If your base is large enough and T3, then the most likely explanation is that you were away from that base for at least 7 days.

The time you logged in before the decay, how long did you stay there before logging out? Also, did anyone else on the server experience a similar issue?

Regardless of what the cause was, the answer to your original question – what you can do – is not much: start over, see if the community on the server might want to help get you back on your feet, that kind of thing.

I thought you can’t loot other player’s things?y timer was maxed at 168 on everything I had, and I have ubplaced shalebacks that have the same decompose timer that are still there

A few clarifications and I apologize if some of them are things you already knew:

• Pets don’t have the same decay timer as buildings and placeables. As far as I know, on official servers it’s 7 days for buildings and 14 days for pets. I never understood why, but that’s how it’s worked since they removed the hunger system.
  • On PVE and PVE-C servers you can’t open other people’s containers. However, if you demolish a container, everything that was in it drops in a loot bag. (see below)
  • As long as you’re logged in and in the render distance of a structure, its decay timer will periodically refresh to its maximum. If you have multiple bases across the map, it’s not enough to log in, you have to visit them all and make sure their timers are refreshed before logging out again.
  • After 7 days of not refreshing a decay timer of a structure, it goes into abandoned/decayed mode, but doesn’t disappear yet. Instead, it stays in that abandoned/decayed mode for 24 hours. During that time, anyone can come and demolish it.
    • If they demolish a placeable and it had something in its inventory, it drops a loot bag.
    • If they demolish any building piece, all connected building pieces – but not placeables – are demolished at the same time.
    • Normal stability rules still apply: for every building piece that got demolished, any other building piece or placeable that relied on the stability of that piece will lose stability and be demolished, too.
  • If you log back in and go to refresh the timer during the 24 hours of abandonment, the timer goes back up to its maximum.

I was only off for 6 days MAX but more likely 5, it looks like someone came and demolished my stuff, but idk how, all my friend’s things in a base near mine are all still there, but I know it for sure wasn’t him. I’m just trying to understand how they were able to demolish my things before the timer was up. And I know that pets decay slower, but the unused pets have a decay timer of 168h and they’re still in my inventory.

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realize you were talking about pets in inventory. My bad.

I apologize if these are questions you already answered, but:

• Do you have multiple bases?
  • Is this base we’re talking about the one you were logged out in?
  • Did you hang around that base long enough to refresh its timer? Sometimes it takes a while for the game to “take notice” and refresh the timer.

I have one base. And I swam around a bit, ate something and killed a few things before I logged off. It was adequate time that the server should’ve registered ir

I’m fresh out of ideas :frowning:

For PvE you need decay, if someone quits playing their stuff would remain forever if you didn’t decay it

Thanks for the help anyways. Considering the type of game it is, I’m probably just screwed.

I’m aware. My issue is that my things PREMATURELY decayed.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.